Update on League of Legends service in NA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRebelOfChaos

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meconopsis View Post
First off, sorry if I'm raging or whatever they call it these days. I do not care about the whole missing content or patch issues and the chaos that followed with that. My main concern is WHY Riot is compensating 1000 RP, and the long-run effect that it will bring to their customers and to it as a company. Maybe I'm just tired, as I just got off work, but even if the issues this week are solved, who knows what the future might bring? Riot's customers will "expect" 1000 RP or something of that compensation the next time a server issue pops up. You can say, this amount is a ticking time bomb.

Note, I'm not worried about my compensation. I love Riot and their game, everything, but I'm losing faith in their marketing team. To throw this 1000 RP into our faces, say it's for those who have issues with their content that will come back to them regardless, then whatever we face as compensation is simply DANGEROUS. You can already see the effects happening already. Do I want this to continue in the future? I do not. Is giving the majority 1000 RP going to fix it? Certainly not. Whoever gave the idea of 1000 RP compensation entered a No-Man's-Zone, and there is no exit to this.
Okay, I can sort of agree. I was one of the 20% or whatever affected. I don't really care as much that I got the RP. But you know what? What I don't get is why everyone is whining over 8 dollars when the game IS indeed still free to play. You can buy nearly everything in the game with IP. Whether or not you decide to go out and buy RP and support Riot in that way is your own issue. I don't mind anything you just said because in a way I agree in a lot of ways. This "Everyone or no one" **** though? It's simply getting old. It's 8 dollars. Get over it people.

kamillion

06-23-2012

Still missing runes cant play really not on same playing field as those who does have them.

Pinkboxer

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MMG1 View Post
Hey has Riot already given the rp to everyone who lost their stuff?

I still didnt receive the rp and i lost some ip last friday.
Even if i dont get any rp i would like at least to have my ip back >>
I haven't had my Runes since Tuesday. Pretty much lost hope in riots support team. But on the bright side, the weather in California is nice today.

RiotMixdj

International Community Coordinator

06-23-2012
71 of 72 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamillion View Post
Still missing runes cant play really not on same playing field as those who does have them.
Hay Kamillion,

while we've resolved the issue of missing content for about 80% of summoners, we are still actively trying to get the last 20% all their stuff back. We should have your stuff restored within the next 24-48 hours dude! Thanks for your patience and sorry for all of the inconvenience! I know how you feel..my account was affected too

Lightox

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
Hay Kamillion,

while we've resolved the issue of missing content for about 80% of summoners, we are still actively trying to get the last 20% all their stuff back. We should have your stuff restored within the next 24-48 hours dude! Thanks for your patience and sorry for all of the inconvenience! I know how you feel..my account was affected too
just wondering, what about the people who had a reset on their normal stats? are they going to fix this as well? I am a lvl 30 with 13 wins

murasameblaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-23-2012

reds havent updated us since like 3...

Sword Maker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

Sweet a time frame that's less vague than tonight or over the next few days, finally

FancySloth

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
Hay Kamillion,

No way! Man if I worked for Riot I'd pick my account first to fix. :P Thank God you're not like me! Can't wait to get those runes back man. :3

Kid With Lag

06-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotJeongal View Post
Our Network Operations Centers (NOC) monitor the disconnects and games 24x7 and have not seen any increase of this on our servers for the past several hours. The issue is most likely with your router or your Internet Service Provider. If everyone in your game disconnects, then that is a different story.
I am also disconnected in a similar way

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2250786

this pretty much sums up mine, and many other summoners problems.

This disconnecting every game is not a personal problem, I have no troubles on any other Internet server

MX5

06-23-2012

I think if there is compensation it's going to be something different like a skin voucher. We already got an ip boost, and just giving everyone rp I think would throw off their books. They need to see what people are spending real money on.