Why does the purple spawn turrent not work right?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGotCareless

06-22-2012

I've said it before, and I'll say it again- Nome, you are awesome.

PurpleURP

06-22-2012

Nome,
while you are here please nerf grey buff,
30% move speed way better than attack speed cdr
20% would be far more balanced

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-22-2012
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatzombie View Post
RiotNome you MAY take my place as favorite RIOT employee for this thread alone.

I think the QOL benefits to the jungle would be awesome, as for dropping the random spawn for wolves/wraiths I can see pros and cons to both sides, for instance, it would make jungling more consistent if they weren't random, however I would rather not lose one of the buffs. Because of the way TT is designed I really can't see a way to keep both buffs without changing the layout of the map entirely. (or replacing the creep camps in the middle jungle with wolves and keeping wraiths top)
I think it's possible to keep both; there will be a lot of wrangling involved, but it's doable. It'll probably change existing jungle routes extensively though.

Phracture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I think it's possible to keep both; there will be a lot of wrangling involved, but it's doable. It'll probably change existing jungle routes extensively though.
I think that most people will be fine with that as it will open up so many more jungling opportunities for many more champions. Also it could make me not get raged at when I say I am jungling in TT queue.

Witch Hunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2012

Haven't been through all the pages so I don't know if this has been mentioned but I think the biggest problem is the nexus turret. It is incredibly easy for a team to just turtle up and if they get lucky with an ace they can win the game. A simple solution would be to switch the nexus and the nexus turret so ranged champs can't just sit in their fountain and attack you while you go for the turret.

BBFSmokedCayenne

06-30-2012

I have freaking minions follow me into the jungle sometimes, causing us to turn around and farm on minions in the jungle. Sulfate Annoying!

get it? sulfate= SO ? T_T

Skawhirl

06-30-2012

Quote:
I'll fix the Blue turret to match the Purple turret. It's a pretty strange bug.
Still broken.

Kritzkrieg00

07-11-2012

The main issue with jungle camps in TT that I see is that lots of changes where made AFTER SR jungle changes (lifesteal reduction, health pot nerf, etc). Since TT jungle camps are just as strong as ever, and the tools junglers have to survive in the TT jungle have been hit hard, jungling in 3v3 became a lot more difficult.

In addition: the gold you recieved from jungle camps got reduced just like in SR, but the jungle minions themselves got no weaker to compensate. Also I don't think the gold you get scales into late game like in SR. Those big golems hurt like hell. Even the little wraiths still have lifesteal.

TLDR: Jungle changes to SR ported over all the bad to TT and none of the good. -.-

Deathcrow666

07-12-2012

Quote:
No comment on this yet, but it's a possibility.

The SR jungle changes are doable, but does the community want them?
I know I am late to this thread. But here's my two cents, A player that play TT exclusively. Putting Blue buff in TT will break this map. I can see that spell being so abused Just like Blus is in SR, ideally Blue buff is for casters and early game jungling. But seeing so many palyers abuse blue and hog ity mid to late game from casters. I can see that sort of mentality on this map from the champs who do very well on this map. ESPECIALLY if the go uncontested. Like the Jax's Trynd's Noc's etc. The will hog it the whole time and will ruin the QoL of TT as it is.

IMHO if anything needs to be changed for TT is Normal Draft Mode.

Deathcrow666

07-12-2012

Quote:
I was hired as "game designer"; I've actually been working on some secret stuff since December, did Proving Grounds for about two weeks, and am just now being moved onto live design to look at non-SR maps.
Well wither you were put there or w/e we appreciate it. We started to feel like the ******* players of riot on top of being ignored since it seems like no red cares about TT.

Thank you Nome nonetheless.