Update on League of Legends service in NA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sicdeath

06-22-2012

Well this is something atleast. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hopefully everything is sorted out soon.

Magik

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidorifeed View Post
975 RP now now NOW!
get out now now NOW!

StarBubbles

06-22-2012

Heh, I figured it would be database related...I would sooo help you guys. But, I need more experience first =p.

Taborius

06-22-2012

I'm just here to say I love the name and salute reference you throw out for Sturm. Yay for Dragonlance.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utavon View Post
Is there a way to revert the game version back to the previous patch while you work out the kinks in this patch? I know you guys probably looked into this, but I wonder why it hasn't been done. Must be a good reason.

Thanks for the info, and good luck in your search for a resolution.
Because it's a lot easier to work out the bugs when the game is being bombarded by logins and data packets, as odd as that sounds. It's hard to find where the issues lie without the actual data load being there, because testing with pings from your own servers will only get you so far, and nowhere near the amount of traffic that can be expected from millions of real players.

I kind of figured it was a bottleneck issue because I felt some of the effects on the PBE too. Specifically, laggy skillshots that didn't go off immediately, and then would just fly off into whatever direction your mouse was pointing. Laggy shop that would randomly decide to sell items, or randomly buy them, whichever the case may be.

Glad to see they're finally on the same page though.

Solrac Orenroc

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurnaezel View Post
You cant really demand them to give you your runes and champions back since it's not in their hands per se, if they can then they will, if they can't then they'll refund it.
if you read again , i said i wanted to know the process , not if they will or not , i know they will.

RiotCaptSturm

Sr. Producer, Live Service

06-22-2012
2 of 72 Riot Posts

Your support and encouragement is touching and is what motivates us here. We've been working extremely long hours trying to un...wind this.
The problem with a revert is that the content database has been changed--it's past the "revert" the code and would require "rollback" the database content/progress, etc. Here's the truth of where we're at: Trying to find the "least bad" choice. But, our absolute priority (and was talking with Marc specifically on this last evening at 2AM) is restoration, restoration, restoration of the service.

Quote:
Hey Sturm, if I buy a 25 dollar RP card can someone at Riot use it to treat the guys fixing this to coffee or something?
Wow, thanks--I mean that. Tell you what, I'll take the team members that survive out for a nice dinner...after we're done and good. In the meantime, we'll keep a barrel of coffee ready to go.

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-22-2012

Thanks for the update

Asrrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

I want to express my thanks for all of you taking the extended time necessary to address these issues quickly. As an IT person I know how exhausting it can be when major issues like this happen unexpectedly. You guys must be worn out from all of this. I apologize on behalf of those of us who understand the situation for all the idiots here on the forums breathing down your necks. We all know you guys are doing the right things!

Shpam

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSturm View Post
Your support and encouragement is touching and is what motivates us here. We've been working extremely long hours trying to un...wind this.
The problem with a revert is that the content database has been changed--it's past the "revert" the code and would require "rollback" the database content/progress, etc. Here's the truth of where we're at: Trying to find the "least bad" choice. But, our absolute priority (and was talking with Marc specifically on this last evening at 2AM) is restoration, restoration, restoration of the service.

Wow, thanks--I mean that. Tell you what, I'll take the team members that survive out for a nice dinner...after we're done and good. In the meantime, we'll keep a barrel of coffee ready to go.
What if none survive?