LoL vs Dota 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke Br0heimer

06-22-2012

OP's post is overly simplified BS, just move along people.

xVasDeferenSx

06-22-2012

Dota 2 is in beta.
Many people like it because it actually takes skill, which also turns many people off.
Because they don't attempt to make all champions easy to play after 1 game to lear a little bit, or by simply reading a guide they can advance much further as a game.
But it's generally all opinion on which you prefer.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

I like them both. Oddly, the higher skillcap in Dota actually leads to more satisfying gameplay. Being a (very) causal player, I did not expect that to be the case.

I am beginning to find that I prefer Dota for traditional gameplay, but League will always have Dominion.

ViashinoWizard

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAardvark View Post
I like them both equally and for different reasons, but i am better at LoL so i play it more.

And all DotA champions have real names, they are just in the lore. Sniper is Karnel Sharpeye or something like that, Prophet is Furion, SK is Leoric. I dont know Ench though.
Actually, Prophet is Tequoia now because of copyright issues.

Loafers4Gophers

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4mad View Post
Dota has more heros then lol, not all of them have been ported in.
EDIT: there are 108 heroes in dota to be ported into dota2, and while lol gives champs identity, dota most heroes are interesting to play, and have different itemization based on who they are and what the enemy has.
itemization is way better in dota. There are like, what 5 active items in lol?
LoL created their 99 champs, Valve imported theirs. Trust me, if they had had to design them from scratch with a decent lore (Dota 2 Lore is trash, sorry) it would have taken them way way way longer and they'd be far from 108

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafers4Gophers View Post
Dota 2 Lore is trash, sorry
Does Dota even have lore? Honestly, that is my biggest complaint about the game. Nothing makes a ****ed bit of sense. I have no idea why these characters are fighting or why Zeus is somehow involved in the same struggle as Generic Skeletons 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Aircross

06-22-2012

lol TC.

More heroes means better heroes?

You do realize that DotA has 108 heroes right? And out of those 99 champions in LoL, name the ones that are truly unique, meaning that they don't overlap with each other the the point that one is always better than another.

Please do some research before you put your foot in your mouth.

Sir Grimace

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafers4Gophers View Post
LoL created their 99 champs, Valve imported theirs. Trust me, if they had had to design them from scratch with a decent lore (Dota 2 Lore is trash, sorry) it would have taken them way way way longer and they'd be far from 108
DotA 2 lore is lackluster. So is LoL. Stop being a fanboy.

MoonStomp

06-22-2012

I picked up a dota2 key on the June 20th disaster and love it! Much more skill intensive and rewarding.

I loled (lol) when I tried to pick up a lol game a day ago or so and I had a 1 hour queue to join. Wtf!

Also when they patch their servers stay up and u continue ur game on the current version. Once the patch is done u just restart and play new version.

So simple and easy. Riot pls engineer your upgrades better. Valve is going to steal all ur customers...

Anyways lol is still fun if you can log in and play but dota2 is my new home now.

MoonStomp

06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Grimace View Post
DotA 2 lore is lackluster. So is LoL. Stop being a fanboy.
Love how people get all bent about 2 paragraphs of lore. Like its some novel.