Can't control my character sometimes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SexLethal

08-25-2010

I've only started having this issue recently, but sometimes I lose control of my character. The game doesn't lag and I can chat and watch the rest of the team play but I can't cast any spells including summoners and I can't move my character. It's almost like being perma CC, except your spells are still highlighted.

Sometimes this issue last only a few seconds but once it kept happening over and over for ~15-30 seconds and I had to restart the client to fix it.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

08-25-2010
1 of 10 Riot Posts

Are you sure this is not a problem with your internet/firewalls?

If you could give me any more details (ie: what champions you were playing, what was happening before this freeze up) that would be great.

Also upload your logs if possible.

SexLethal

08-25-2010

Nothing unusual was happening before the freeze up. In one game I was playing Malphite a day after the patch that buffed him went live and I was standing at the middle outer tower when all of a sudden I couldn't give him orders. The game didn't freeze like it does when I disconnect; I could still chat and see team battles going on. Then after ~15 seconds of clicking he finally started walking to a place I clicked and I couldn't cancel the order. Only once I restarted the game could I regain control.

Another time was with anivia today. I caught a warwick alone at dragon and stunned/slowed him. But then I couldn't chase him, she just sat there for ~4s while he was running away.

I also had the issue where it seemed like some of anivias spells weren't firing that game, but I think that was due to them becoming invisible as some have noted in another thread.

I generally don't experience any serious network issues besides occasional lag spikes where it seems that everyone has stopped moving and have all the necessary ports forwarded. This is a new issue that I have not encountered prior to the patch that buffed Malphite.

Edit: I've attached the logs from the game

richard878

08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexLethal View Post
I've only started having this issue recently, but sometimes I lose control of my character. The game doesn't lag and I can chat and watch the rest of the team play but I can't cast any spells including summoners and I can't move my character. It's almost like being perma CC, except your spells are still highlighted.

Sometimes this issue last only a few seconds but once it kept happening over and over for ~15-30 seconds and I had to restart the client to fix it.
same happening to me alot since the new server restart
is like random my ping stays normal and i cant move just see everyone moving around and after 1 minute i can move gain...

Brad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

I've had this problem before i just restart when it happens but its so rare that i didn't bother to report it, thinking it was something on my end that was wrong.
(that is, not being able to move or have the champion respond to anything i press, BUT i can chat and watch the rest of the game happening)

Terror Haseo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

hey i get it too while playing for the past few days i would just stand there and cant move... while other enemy champs attack me i cant retaliate... or even when i try to chase sometimes it would go to the last place i clicked and would not let me run back and because it locks up like this it gets me killed.

NYCbrawler

08-26-2010

I have experienced the same problem last night playing Udyr. I played one game perfectly fine as galio, and then about 10 minutes into the game with udyr, he would stop responding every 10 seconds or so. I would click and he wouldnt move until 10 seconds later.

PlasmaChroma

08-26-2010

I've had this happen a couple times recently. Definitely something in the last patch or maybe last couple that has started this happening.

No changes to my firewall setup or anything.

I had this happen at the WORST time possible playing Amumu, I was hitting a tower and was trying to back away when it had killed all but the last couple creeps and BAM can't control, can't move away, tower kills me and I look like a complete noob for sitting there and continuing to bash it.

SwiftExecution

08-26-2010

I've had this happen recently, WHILE my latency stayed at 90, while chat worked and everyone else were still moving around and using abilities

lnternetGangster

08-26-2010

happens to me at least once every game, depending on how long the game lasts. every lag spike lasts for about half a minute. i usually manage to reach my tower safely if i spam click to move to it, my hero usually moves after spamming for abt 5 secs. the first lag spike usually strikes during early game within the first 5 minutes when the action isnt as intense.

to my research this is a very common problem for ppl n has existed since the friggin beta, n apparently this annoying problem has yet to b addressed.