What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.90%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,159 34.61%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 951 10.42%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,728 40.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9127. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

06-20-2012

You (two) are beginning to scare me lol.

But honestly, Xypherous I'm asking you directly now (if you're ever reading this)- is there a possible detractment from this? I would really appreciate some feedback from you (or any other red to be honest).

alsowikk

06-20-2012

On a more serious note, let's try to open up a dialogue. What should the role of the free weeks be? Is it merely to make the game playable or is it to show us all the champions? How MANY champions should be free(raw number and or percentage wise)? Should cost have anything to do with the selection process? If so, how do we break up the champions?

alsowikk

06-20-2012

Just keeping it up there(if it helps xypherous, I consider your champions soem of the best deseign wise and am currently saving to buy Nautilus)

alsowikk

06-20-2012

Bumping it since someone has to.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

To the top. Also, the only pony I could potentially support in this situation would be Hecarim. :x

alsowikk

06-20-2012

Yes, but it's just too obvious. Maybe Sejuani rides one? I know it doesn't fit G4 canon but maybe it fits for the others?

(this is your insomnia bump for tonight)

Endgame911

06-21-2012

Bump for a good thread

If I could make a suggestion building off your idea:

Why not have the 10, and then let players (each individually) specify 1 additional free character each week they want to play.

Or players could pay 300 points for a '24 hour pass' that unlocks a champion for a specified period of time.

Dorryza

06-21-2012

The first suggestion has already been debunked (moar smurfs for trying out moar champions)

However, the second one has some merit- you're essentially renting out champions. Might need some fine tuning though. I'd personally suggest more like 30 points for one champ each day, but that's just me. And these champs shouldn't be playable in ranked, of course.

-EDIT- I just realized that it might not work. People would smurf, but only to get multiple free wins of a day, so they could try out multiple champs per day. It's a calculated risk if it was implemented. Let Riot make the final choice on that one.

Acthar

06-21-2012

Here's my hybrid idea that I think would remedy the situation. Make it fifteen free champs, BUT, 5 of them are always easy learning champs (Ashe, Yi, etc.) And the other ten are everything else.

That way you get a mini cycle of all the easy champs, and then you have the "actual' rotation of the ten for all the other champs. All you'd have to do it determine who goes in which category and voila, perfect system imo.

Dorryza

06-21-2012

or you could just give away all of the easy learning champs (only 8 450s). That would also look much better to everyone XD