Is the attached Tribunal case a punish or a pardon?

Punish 5,813 83.89%
Pardon 820 11.83%
Not enough information/context to make a decision 296 4.27%
Voters: 6929. You may not vote on this poll

Public Tribunal Case (NSFW Language)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyPsychic

06-20-2012

I voted Pardon and here is why:

Game 1: In that first game man, his team was calling him names and stuff too. If you looks at the people who reported him you can see that none of them were on his team. The one guy on his team told him to, "calm down b****." I think that he shouldn't be banned for retaliation, sure he shouldn't have retaliated but at the same time not everyone is perfect. If you look at who reported him in this game, it was 3 enemies and 0 allies. Obviously his allies didn't think that he deserving of a ban or a trip to the tribunal. Therefore this is a game where I would give him a pardon on.

Game 2: The second games is the one where he played Darius and he left which I find to be relatively inexcusable however, his team wasn't treating him very well at all so I think that has to be taken into consideration. Also, it seemed as though the other team was trolling him to some degree as well. In this game he was reported by 1 enemy and 2 allies. That means that half of his team felt like they were negatively affected by him in that game. Therefore, I would say that this game should be punished. (It is half of his team because 5-1=4 and 4*(1/2)=2. What I am saying here is that when you consider how many people on his team reported him, you have to exclude him because he is the one person in question therefore only 4 other people remain on his team.)

Game 3: In the third game he really didn't abuse anyone that much as he was venting his frustration at Hecarim, who was camping his lane. We all have been there when our lanes are being camped and remember how much that sucks. In this game 2 enemies and only 1 ally reported him. It would seem as though the clear majority of his team thought that he did not deserve a trip to the tribunal. Therefore I would pardon this specific game.

Another thing worth noting in this case is the time between reports. The first report happened a month before the other two which happened in back to back days. I think that this shows that this player is not a bad person but rather may have had a bad day which is not an excuse to take it out on others but does hold some weight in and of itself.

In conclusion, I believe that only having 1 game with content in which this summoner has potentially been reported in a worthwhile endeavor (grammar?), they do not deserve a ban. However, they should be required to send those who participated in those specific games with them an apology for their own respective actions.

GrimsIey

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zareason View Post
being flame baited into using a curseword is not bannable.
I like your downvotes sir, really speaks volumes for you having a brain. Have an upvote for using it.

These sheep man, going through this thread and downvoting -everyone- who says something OTHER than ban him.

This community disgusts me, at least put this up on reddit Pen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPsychic View Post
I voted Pardon and here is why:

Game 1: In that first game man, his team was calling him names and stuff too. If you looks at the people who reported him you can see that none of them were on his team. The one guy on his team told him to, "calm down b****." I think that he shouldn't be banned for retaliation, sure he shouldn't have retaliated but at the same time not everyone is perfect. If you look at who reported him in this game, it was 3 enemies and 0 allies. Obviously his allies didn't think that he deserving of a ban or a trip to the tribunal. Therefore this is a game where I would give him a pardon on.

Game 2: The second games is the one where he played Darius and he left which I find to be relatively inexcusable however, his team wasn't treating him very well at all so I think that has to be taken into consideration. Also, it seemed as though the other team was trolling him to some degree as well. In this game he was reported by 1 enemy and 2 allies. That means that half of his team felt like they were negatively affected by him in that game. Therefore, I would say that this game should be punished. (It is half of his team because 5-1=4 and 4*(1/2)=2. What I am saying here is that when you consider how many people on his team reported him, you have to exclude him because he is the one person in question therefore only 4 other people remain on his team.)

Game 3: In the third game he really didn't abuse anyone that much as he was venting his frustration at Hecarim, who was camping his lane. We all have been there when our lanes are being camped and remember how much that sucks. In this game 2 enemies and only 1 ally reported him. It would seem as though the clear majority of his team thought that he did not deserve a trip to the tribunal. Therefore I would pardon this specific game.

Another thing worth noting in this case is the time between reports. The first report happened a month before the other two which happened in back to back days. I think that this shows that this player is not a bad person but rather may have had a bad day which is not an excuse to take it out on others but does hold some weight in and of itself.

In conclusion, I believe that only having 1 game with content in which this summoner has potentially been reported in a worthwhile endeavor (grammar?), they do not deserve a ban. However, they should be required to send those who participated in those specific games with them an apology for their own respective actions.
inb4 mass downvotes for you. Have an upvote.

stomgorawr

06-20-2012

You didnt cross out the other darius summoner name btw at one spot.

MagicalMerlin

06-20-2012

I would have liked to see enemies scores and pre and post team chat logs. I voted there wasn't enough info. Honestly, the enemy team was more offensive the first game than him. He shouldn't have fed into it, but it happens. Second game, it doesn't say how many times he got disconnected. Disconnects happen and yes, her did leave the game a bit early. But if he was already dead and they were at the nexus, what's the point. Third game, he seemed more annoyed than anything. Would have liked to seen Hecarim's score because it sounded like Hec was doing awesome. He did trash talk, but it wasn't excessive.

Dreampod

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emosa View Post
Since there is no equivalent to a "positive" report, I'm going to assume that the majority of his matches are played without incident and his impact on players games is neutral / positive. If these three cases are representative of him at his worst, then I don't think he's toxic enough to be permabanned / suspended for multiple months.

Between my two accounts, I have 4k + matches. I'm sure if you cherry picked 20 of my worst matches behavior wise, you'd want to hang my ass on the wall and perma ban me. However, what you aren't seeing are all of the matches where I encourage my teammates tp never give up, give them advice on how to win certain lane matches , etc...
Thanks for the response, I know it is hard to have anything like a conversation in a thread moving this fast.

My general attitude is to not worry about what the punishment will be but focus on whether the behaviour is acceptable and whether I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a grapefruit spoon than voluntarily play a match with that person. The initial punishments are very, very mild short term bans. If someone is facing a multi-month or permanent ban than that is 100% their own responsibility for failing to alter their inappropriate behaviour. The system already has a certain amount of 'forgiveness' built into it that only considers matches accumulated over a couple of months so we only see players who achieve a significant amount of bad behaviour over a short period.

If your worst matches are equivalent to this you might show up on the tribunal and get a 2-day suspension slap on the wrist. However being a reasonable and intelligent human being you would decide to avoid bad behaviour and escalating the situation in the future because you didn't want to get banned. This guy obviously didn't care enough about the unpleasant atmosphere he created until it threatened him significantly. Much like prison conversions, I don't give much credence to people 'seeing the light' and wanting to change their ways after they've been caught and punished.

Peak

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by im still that gu View Post
Sadly being on the 176th/17xth page this comment will never see the light of day. However, I find the entire idea of putting this public a bad idea.
Pend: congrats on showing a single instance where you made a deserving ban. YET: you also just outlined, easily, five other very very toxic players who you not only saw their names once, but several times having now re-looked up the case, who received no punishment for verbally harassing this guy as well. There was nothing but verbal abuse from both sides, yet only one is being punished. That is more a testament of disgust than anything.
We don't know if they were punished or not.

zareason

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawzuk View Post
That's why I said "most."
yes and most of the people who voted punish have not examined the case and have punished on assumptions they had(which are wrong)

so we can take it for both cases

vartinian

06-20-2012

Punish.

Azragal

06-20-2012

Im punishing for other reasons:

- He was not positive with his team AT ALL
- Any comment about his team gameplay helped ****
- Selfish attitude ( my way or I feed )

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

06-20-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

This has run its course