@RiotNome Could you possibly give us any information on any upcoming changes/fixes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dviation

06-19-2012

I've been looking around and reading your posts here and there and gotta say, I'm liking that you spend some of your time keeping us TT enthusiasts informed but my question for you is this:

We all know that TT has some problems and those problems severely affect the competitive aspect of the map, so I was wondering if you could give us TT players some, if any, info on upcoming changes, possible solutions and if at all possible give us an ETA.

The problems I refer to are mostly:

• Random jungle camps
  • Minion pathing
  • Nexus turret kiting
  • Dragon rewards
  • Also the infamous 'bruiser meta'

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

06-20-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Random jungle champs: Random factor will be removed. Some camp positions may switch.
Minion pathing: Assuming this is champion movement around minions, I can't change this.
Nexus turret kiting: Laser range will be decreased dramatically.
Dragon rewards: No solid action on this yet; likely, Dragon's health and armor will go up.
Bruiser meta: This cannot be solved easily. It will need a lot of holistic terrain, itemization, and terrain changes. Even then it won't go away completely.

AlphaPhoenix

06-20-2012

Can you add some health bonuses on the TT neutral non-buff creeps like the ones on SR? please? It'd make jungling that much more easier.

Boo

06-20-2012

dragon is in a good spot right now. they already buffed it when they changed the jungle.

Dviation

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Random jungle champs: Random factor will be removed. Some camp positions may switch.
Minion pathing: Assuming this is champion movement around minions, I can't change this.
Dragon rewards: No solid action on this yet; likely, Dragon's health and armor will go up.
Bruiser meta: This cannot be solved easily. It will need a lot of holistic terrain, itemization, and terrain changes. Even then it won't go away completely.
Great! That's awesome. Having confirmation for these long awaited changes are definitely going to keep me playing TT.

Also in regards to minion pathing, I was referring to how when you destroy an inhibitor and the minions are walking into the enemy base, their path that they walk is very close to the nexus turret so even if they don't get kited they can't still proc the nexus turret. It could be solved by lowering the range of the nexus turret but currently I'm not sure what would stop players from kiting minions into the turret even if range is reduced.

Dviation

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
dragon is in a good spot right now. they already buffed it when they changed the jungle.
It's not in a good spot right now in my opinion, even after the buff, most champions can solo it at 6-7 with an early wriggles which means dragon contesting is a must. If it isn't contested the enemy team will snatch it out from under you.

The biggest problem is that it's soloable at such a low level by a number of different champs. If they buffed the dragon for the early/mid game and left it the same for late that would fix the problem, or reduce the reward for early/mid game and have it scale upwards depending on the average player level in game.

ShadeeFan

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I think hes talking about once minions get into your base how they walk SUPER close to spawn and are easily leashed into it so that its very difficult to get that nexus tower. Personally id like to see the minions attack the tower from close to the nexus than almost going completely around.

The Only Shaco

06-20-2012

swag but r u girl nome?

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

06-20-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Shaco View Post
swag but r u girl nome?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeeFan View Post
I think hes talking about once minions get into your base how they walk SUPER close to spawn and are easily leashed into it so that its very difficult to get that nexus tower. Personally id like to see the minions attack the tower from close to the nexus than almost going completely around.
If that's the case, it seems redundant with the minion pulling question.

ImYourBestFriend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

@Nomethank you for leaving the game I used to spend hours a day on leaving and opening my eyes to the great world of summoners rift. I followed your designs and hope a great design mechanic like that of Nomad's Counter-Ultimate from HoN can find its way into the league. I know your wisdom aura is effecting everyone at the offices in Santa monica, since they are coming out with some great stuff(and getting healed for 25% of the mana cost). Looking for more of your designs in the future as inspiration to do great things. Hope MsPudding is enjoying sunny California!