@RiotNome: Dominion Queue Dodge Penalty

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spleen Fracture

06-20-2012

forget that man, there should be no penalty on dom for que dodging, people treat it as a joke already and if you get someone trying to play eve or some other garbage champ/free play champ on your team you have a right not to waste 15 minutes of your life.

The sad fact is most people who play dominion are terrible and dont know what they are doing, 1/3 games has an afk in it, usually there is at least one idiot on my team who tries their hardest to cost us the match by running straight at the enemy team fighting off tower and other retarded ****.

Dominion is meant to be a fast paced game mode, being able to get in and out quickly is a large part of its appeal if you get penalized for trying to pick your team wisely then why the hell do i still play this game because it seems like riot employees are doing everything they can to take all thought out of the game dumbing it down for the drooling miscreants that haunt the web.

That being said I rarely que dodge but sometimes it needs to be done, sometimes a friend has come online or back from an afk right as I enter champ selection, other times we have some troll trying to pick twitch or eve and expecting me to be cool with rolling 4v5 half the game. Why should I or anyone be punished for that?

FusedPositron

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Speaking of mentioning it to Lyte, I also brought it up to him yesterday. The lack of a queue dodge penalty is not intended, and we're looking into it.
What about the case where you move to champion select but your client shows nothing. I mean the entire viewing area of the client is empty, you just have the chat buttons at the bottom and the window frame all around. Your only choice in that case is to dodge by closing the client. Will that get fixed?

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

06-20-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Fracture View Post
forget that man, there should be no penalty on dom for que dodging, people treat it as a joke already and if you get someone trying to play eve or some other garbage champ/free play champ on your team you have a right not to waste 15 minutes of your life.

The sad fact is most people who play dominion are terrible and dont know what they are doing, 1/3 games has an afk in it, usually there is at least one idiot on my team who tries their hardest to cost us the match by running straight at the enemy team fighting off tower and other retarded ****.

Dominion is meant to be a fast paced game mode, being able to get in and out quickly is a large part of its appeal if you get penalized for trying to pick your team wisely then why the hell do i still play this game because it seems like riot employees are doing everything they can to take all thought out of the game dumbing it down for the drooling miscreants that haunt the web.

That being said I rarely que dodge but sometimes it needs to be done, sometimes a friend has come online or back from an afk right as I enter champ selection, other times we have some troll trying to pick twitch or eve and expecting me to be cool with rolling 4v5 half the game. Why should I or anyone be punished for that?
If you're having issues with teammates, join the DominateDominion chat. There are plenty of people idling there that would love to queue with you. Adding queue dodge would primarily address players who force already long queue times (1 hour plus) to be longer, along with just making queues behave consistently across matchmaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedPositron View Post
What about the case where you move to champion select but your client shows nothing. I mean the entire viewing area of the client is empty, you just have the chat buttons at the bottom and the window frame all around. Your only choice in that case is to dodge by closing the client. Will that get fixed?
Sounds like a platform bug. Out of my scope!

Spleen Fracture

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
If you're having issues with teammates, join the DominateDominion chat. There are plenty of people idling there that would love to queue with you. Adding queue dodge would primarily address players who force already long queue times (1 hour plus) to be longer, along with just making queues behave consistently across matchmaking.
Im not impressed with this response, how am i supposed to be able to sift through all the players and pick out the decent ones, rigorous interrogation? The point is to get in and out quickly, not interested in extensive prep work to playing a 15 minute game.

Dom is nothing like summoners rift there is no need for consistency its a different game mode, no one expects any consistency. Draft ques are so long because hardly anyone is playing draft dom, yeah it sucks that people can repeat que dodge which leads to long timers, it sucks more that hardly anyone plays it because they dont value dominion as the superior game mode it is. Even if you add the penalties for que dodging in you likely wont stop people dodging, if you get back on the same team as someone who just dodged you it likely means there was only one person to fill that slot you will just sit around waiting for another person to come along or that guy to come off timer more than likely. I just play blind pick dom and dont have trouble finding a game I have trouble with bad teammates and being able to dodge out of a game that looks like its going to be unfun and a brutal waste of my time should not then cost me so my choices are to play a game that i wont enjoy and will make me furious or **** off and do something else while im on timer, both of those are bull**** options and shame on you for thinking thats acceptable.

Riot and their time honored tradition of making bad decisions, of seeing a problem and drawing the wrong solution out of a sea of potential good ones.

The real answer here is to have no penalty for blind pick dodging and put penalties up for draft/ranked dodgers but I guess that would require some effort on your part so Im screwed right? Really wish I didnt just put more money into this bloated patchwork of glitches and bad ideas.

Slatere

06-20-2012

A penalty for dodging a draft game would be fine, but in blind pick you get people who instant-lock in on champions that will bring the team as a whole down, and some of those games you just want to dodge.

FDru

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleen Fracture View Post
Dom is nothing like summoners rift there is no need for consistency its a different game mode, no one expects any consistency.
Except you, apparently. Do you just not see the hypocrisy in what you're saying?

"Dominion isn't about consistency, but I want to be able cherry pick my teammates."

"I just want to get in and get out but waste my time (and other players' time) dodging queues."

Make up your mind!

Spleen Fracture

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Except you, apparently. Do you just not see the hypocrisy in what you're saying?

"Dominion isn't about consistency, but I want to be able cherry pick my teammates."

"I just want to get in and get out but waste my time (and other players' time) dodging queues."

Make up your mind!
1. did not say this. I said Dom and SR are separate games entirely and no one in their right mind expects them to function the same.

2. did not say this. Who taught you to read? Dom is fast this minimizes time wasted and time spent with bad teamates. Not talking about cherry picking god knows you cant tell who is going to be god aweful or not, but you can predict with certainty the instant lock free darius or eve/twitch is going to ruin your day. Its not cherry picking i roll the dice every game I play and usually come up with the worst players.

Nice Misquotes though.

DJay Saint

06-20-2012

There should be no que dodge penalty for normal blind pick games at all. Not for Summoner's Rift or Dominion. Problem is there are too many ****ty players out there or trolls who either are too stupid to pick good team comps, too selfish, or whatever. People instalock stupid choices and more often than not cause your team to lose before the game even starts. You shouldn't be PUNISHED for not wanting to waste your time playing that game. The que dodge penalty is just stupid.

However in ranked games and draft games that is fine, because those games are supposed to be more serious and people are supposed to pay attention to team comp. However it doesn't really happen, but que dodge penalty at least deters people from picking stupid **** at least.

The reason for this is because people seem to think normal games don't matter and that's where they can troll and do whatever the hell they want. In ranked/draft at least people have a little (barely) more sense so you don't see it happen as often.

Either way I just think que dodge on dominion is stupid already as it is. If you're going to implement one, don't do it for blind pick. I'm tired of getting stuck in bad games because of idiots picking stupid team comps, knowing we're going to lose before the game starts. It's completely unacceptable for people to pick 5 squishy chars knowing you have 0 chance of winning a team fight, and being stuck with either playing that game knowing I'm going to lose, or having to wait 15 mins for another game just to be stuck in the exact situation AGAIN.

I pay for the game, I shouldn't be punished because of other people being *******. Please don't implement a que penalty.

Spleen Fracture

06-20-2012

I would play draft dominion if me and my friends could actually get in a game but the ques are huge because hardly anyone plays one day we did manage to play 4 games or so and did really well, but we played with the same people pretty much every game.

Renegade Talon

06-20-2012

Just set a point for high elo and implement the dodge penalty there. The difference in queue times between elos is huge where low elo finds games almost instantly and high elo well let's just say finding a game is like having a wish granted as I have seen certain people's queue times and I could finish at least 2 games before they even have a chance to get 1.

There shouldn't be a penalty for lower elos because that's mostly flooded with people who don't care about the mode and have no clue what dominion is about. I spent a large chunk of my time there so trust me I know this all too well.

Getting a good team comp is just luck as most people dont care what you guys need its just what do I want. Then you have to deal with the people who come in just to troll or just backcap because they really dont know how to work with people. To tell people who actually want to advance and become better that they are now stuck with what they get is not really a positive message considering how bad it can get. Had there been a dodge penalty I probably would be around 1500 elo as I would have been forced to go into losing games much more often.

I didnt like dodging unless there is a legit reason and I can't say I liked people who would dodge because it is not a perfect team comp but I understand why people did it because they thought they would have better chances of winning with a different team and I have no problem with it. The time penalty for SR is pretty much like playing two games of dominion should you have to dodge twice. That would be a little too much for the lower elos.

I may not have much support here but just make it a penalty for higher players who have to wait for games and value them much more than the lower elos who can get games in seconds. Many of the players higher up know each other and are less likely to dodge as they all had to wait and usually all know how to make a balanced team. I can't remember the last time I dodged for a reason that wasnt my team arguing because of a match 2 of the people on my team recently had. Should someone frivolously dodge then slap on a punishment hell make it something like 15 minutes. That may seem long but the people you just put back in queue may have been waiting longer.

123456 ... 11