Summoners – NA 6.17.2012 Extended Outage

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotCaptSturm

Sr. Producer, Live Service

06-19-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Summoners!

My name is Lance Stites and I’m a Senior Producer at Riot Games. I’ve introduced myself previously, but my primary responsibility is to maintain the health of our global live service and ensure the quality level of everyone’s League of Legends experience is as high as possible.

As too many of you are aware, we had a significant outage during Sunday, June 17. We have been working throughout the previous week for a patch that we felt important enough to come in over the weekend and deploy. Part of it was improved stability and security updates, part content preparation, and variety of other improvements. We felt we could get this update out “off peak” in the middle of the night and be back to service quickly. Obviously, it didn’t happen that way. We had significant issues that resulted in a pretty hardcore, full on restore. We rallied, well, everyone—from the President and CEO on down.

We know these interruptions are the worst and we’re sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

As a thanks for your continued patience we’re going to send you a 10-win IP boost. These Boosts can take up to a couple or even few days to make it out to everyone, so sit tight! Please note: only summoners that have played a game on NA in the last 10 days will qualify for this.

Thank you again for your patience, and thank you for playing League of Legends.

TL;DR: Patch went haywire, too much downtime; have a 10-win boost!

Churraskero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

first

edit: just readed the TLDR ty ROIT xD

edit2: stop downvoting me pls

edit3: upvote me pls

edit4: if you keep downvoting me, my friends wont see Im 1#

edit6: ok I will pretend the red number is the amount of times I was upvoted... WHOHOHhohihoHOOO my most upvoted post!

edit7: Im pretty sure peoples are logging in multiple smurfs in order to downvote me more! (((

edit8: yea keep downvoting COME AT ME BRO ILL TANK ALL DEM DOWNVOTES KTHXBAI :d

edit9: Im close to have more downvotes than the Rioter upvotes. This makes me feel somehow special.

Demonicdemise

06-19-2012

Dude, thats totally righteous.

raticate tail

06-19-2012

w00t

texasaurus rex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

ok

iJesus69

06-19-2012

yay

Bekkal

06-19-2012

Holy ****. I did not expect that.

Zerglinator

06-19-2012

Huh, I didn't think they'd do it.

YourMomentOfZen

06-19-2012

Why don't you do something about the fact that people are disconnecting from games for no reason RIGHT NOW?

Bossa

06-19-2012

Kay.

Edit: asdf; First page for once.

1234511 ... 46