[Guide] Kassadin, The Guardian Of The Rift (AP DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2009

seemed to me like:
early game = feed.
mid game = hope you didn't feed.

just stack rock of ages from beginning to end. it's simple, it's powerful, it's easy.

Nullname

11-05-2009

You're doing it wrong.

SmecssRaege

11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
seemed to me like:
early game = feed.
mid game = hope you didn't feed.

just stack rock of ages from beginning to end. it's simple, it's powerful, it's easy.
for me this is rarely the case, i'm pretty damn good at surviving, and seriously, rift walk is like one of the best survival mechanisms around, making it super easy to move around in combats and stay in more favourable positions

Kurooni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

Awesome guide, I'm not having trouble with the glass cannon part at all, since i have cleanse and riftwalk. Very fun guide, with lots of insane AP. I do have a question though. In the item build you said:

Item #6 is down to 2 choices:
Vs Casters or More damage: Abyssal Scepter
Vs Meleers or More disable: Rylai's Scepter

But when I look at it, Zhonya's Ring is the sixth item. Should I sell one of my previous items for Abyssal/Rylai's, or are these alternate reccomendations to the Zhonya's. Just curious, Thanks for the guide.

The Senate

11-07-2009

Kassadin isn't DPS, though.

SmecssRaege

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurooni View Post
Awesome guide, I'm not having trouble with the glass cannon part at all, since i have cleanse and riftwalk. Very fun guide, with lots of insane AP. I do have a question though. In the item build you said:

Item #6 is down to 2 choices:
Vs Casters or More damage: Abyssal Scepter
Vs Meleers or More disable: Rylai's Scepter

But when I look at it, Zhonya's Ring is the sixth item. Should I sell one of my previous items for Abyssal/Rylai's, or are these alternate reccomendations to the Zhonya's. Just curious, Thanks for the guide.
i didnt realize i had 7 items, but i have changed the original post to display them as "alternate to archangels" as i feel the other items are much more necessary, archangel's is just something that is nice, because running the items i run, you get a huge mana cap

(Zhonya's, Rod of Ages, Tear/Archangels is like +2,000 mana nearly)

SmecssRaege

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Kassadin isn't DPS, though.
1 low cooldown single target nuke
1 low cooldown AoE nuke
1 pretty maeh spell
1 ultimate thats also AoE damage

who does that sound like.... annie? well yes it does

i sternly beleive in playing kassadin as a DPS, but i dont say that's his only role, he's pretty versatile, i just love to play him as a DPS, and he does do very good caster DPS while he's at it.

The Senate

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
1 low cooldown single target nuke
1 low cooldown AoE nuke
1 pretty maeh spell
1 ultimate thats also AoE damage

who does that sound like.... annie? well yes it does

i sternly beleive in playing kassadin as a DPS, but i dont say that's his only role, he's pretty versatile, i just love to play him as a DPS, and he does do very good caster DPS while he's at it.
Yeah but, Kassadin isn't DPS. He doesn't do damage every second, so you wouldn't measure it in a damage per secondrate. A Kassadin DPS build would either be cooldown or melee. You're doing spike damage in this build.

SmecssRaege

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Yeah but, Kassadin isn't DPS. He doesn't do damage every second, so you wouldn't measure it in a damage per secondrate. A Kassadin DPS build would either be cooldown or melee. You're doing spike damage in this build.
maeh DPS has 2 relative terminologys to me

MMO speak: Damage Per Second
-The rating of which a weapon or character performs an amount of damage over a measured time frame to be broken down by second to see how said item/character performs

(Also not a literal meaning, but i just see it used this way A LOT anyways)
Non MMO speak:
-A character or entity which rapidly delivers damage although not necessarily being measured on any chart or for its actual "DPS"

although i guess the 2nd non directly literal would be called "damage dealer" but DD stands for direct damage (which kassadin is)

and DPS can also be measured on a longer scale of 1 second to determine and overall DPS as well, which kassadin would fit into =P

(The numbers in the next example are completely made up, no accuracy at all)
Kassadin does 5,000 damage in 10 seconds... equivalent to 500 DPS which still isnt going to match a carry hero, but no caster does...surprise surprise.

So yes, maybe in a "literal" sense of the word, he doesn't do damage PER second, but he is still a "DPS" delivering hero

andrewdadar01

11-07-2009

Kassadin is an anti-caster, like most tanks, due to his ability to close the distance between them.