How can we improve Dominion's point system?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoflMyPancakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

I really don't like the point system. It benefits some roles more than others. I don't think there's any viable way to make the point system meaningful.

LadysKnight

06-18-2012

Make defense worth more, kills worth the same on and off point, probably remove the martyr points altogether (increaed defense could make up for this), maybe also make assists worth close to or as much as kills.

The thing about points is that they aren't relevant at high level play but they should be a good way for newer and lower level plays to gauge the success of their play. You get lots of people at low level saying they did well when all they've really done is die on point for 60 points several times. It does them no favors to keep up that illusion. When I was lower, I personally began to realize that points didn't matter as much when I found myself creeping into first just because I was aggressive. And this didn't always mean a win. Newer people need that feedback to improve.

SuperCostaBro

06-18-2012

Interrupting a channel should be worth more points. Also, more points should be aimed towards supporting players as well.

Baneson

06-18-2012

We're gonna need more information. Point system as far as who wins the game or point system awarded to individual players based on their performance?

Some ideas just off the top of my head for both of these cases as I'm sure which you are referring to:

Team Points (Who Wins) Ideas:
-Points for capturing a node from enemy team.
-More points awarded for ending the killing spree of an enemy player. (Much like additional xp/gold rewarded for killing an enemy champ on a killing spree in SR)
-Points for scoring an Ace.

Individual Performance Points:
-Points for player who pushed creeps if they take over enemy node. Bot lane undervalued if this ever occurs and it does happen a fair amount.

That's all I got for now. Thanks!

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-18-2012

The point system doesn't make sense. Capturing points is the most important thing, second to killing enemies/surviving. A Support Champion can never get first place, since they don't get kills. Bot lane tends to just defend their CP, but because they aren't always standing around their CP, they aren't getting the 5 points.

TBH, just get rid of the Point System. Just use K/D/A and Neutralized and Captured Points. Since the 2 main goals of Dominion are capturing and killing the enemy, this clearly expresses your goals, and who on each team is doing what, and how successful they are.

DiscworldDeath

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
TBH, just get rid of the Point System. Just use K/D/A and Neutralized and Captured Points. Since the 2 main goals of Dominion are capturing and killing the enemy, this clearly expresses your goals, and who on each team is doing what, and how successful they are.
Both of these goals are incorrect.

Your goal is to get the enemy Nexus to 0 before yours gets to 0.

Capping points is your main way of getting there.

Killing enemy champions is a stepping stone, nothing more. If you can neutralize their points and defend your own without scoring any kills? More power to you.

Drubie

06-18-2012

Few idea I have would be

- I think it would be big to weigh kills heavier if they are within proximity to points etc, nothing worse then the twitch who get 20 kills in the jungle but does not really help the tide of the game.

- I would think that hard cc (stuns and silence) should count for support

- dmg received in defence of a point. Countless times I have held off 2-3 people long enough to prevent the cap, but with the death and short assist timer you get nothing for it.

- maybe points based on contribution to the fight, DMG done, dmg taken stuns, heals etc,. would stop the last second shot for the kill (again twitch) sorry for the theme but that toon bugs me.

junseii

06-18-2012

I agree with link, and others about how the point system does not really offer any real use. True it can serve as somewhat of a guide toward new players, but that type of guide won't apply to roles such as support/CC champs, and bot lane.

IF dominion were to go ranked though, the point system might be able to be used in terms of elo gain, but if that were the case, no one would ever want to bot lane, because they would automatically get less elo than someone who got to go top lane and score all the kills. This is also considering the point system did not get any tweaks to compensate for bot lane and supporters.

Void Wulord

06-18-2012

I dont really feel like a point system is all that important. You seem to get points for a lot of random things and well some people who are doing a lot more barely get any. In a team game having a separate score doesnt really make much sense other than causing people to talk down to others.

FOODFOOD

06-18-2012

I personally prefer it's totally reworked into a new system, or removed entirely. It seems to be used as a scapegoat more than anything. Bot lane can win a game for a team but have the least amount of points. Someone could backdoor all day and get the most points, but lose the game for his/her team.

I'd prefer a different system to measure performance. I wish I could think of what, though.

12345612 ... 22