Urgot, the Headsman's Pride - Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bumbac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

just a question actually related to this topic:
why in (almost) all spotlights arent real tanks? enemy champions are dying way too fast cause mostly they are low hp champs....it seems to me like for a purpose or in other words "new champs propaganda". i dont like it at all

William Cross

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
just a question actually related to this topic:
why in (almost) all spotlights arent real tanks? enemy champions are dying way too fast cause mostly they are low hp champs....it seems to me like for a purpose or in other words "new champs propaganda". i dont like it at all
There have been "real tanks" as you call them several times. The champion spotlight just shows what the champion can do, some tips and you know something to make most people cry out "OP!!!OMG NERFFFF!!!!11". I have never played againts Phreak but I have played againts some very skilled payers in ranked games. If you think Urgot is OP, my friends, you ain't seen nothing yet...

seresibyl

08-24-2010

Should have been spider queen's time to shine

William Cross

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seresibyl View Post
Should have been spider queen's time to shine
There are a lot of champions under development at the moment. I really want to see The Plant King but there's still time so we'll just have to wait

IzaKuuchi

08-24-2010

He seems a little oped. But its cool.

simplygnome

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohibited View Post
yet another op character brought to you by riot. as you see now we have an op ranged ******* who can swap out your carries and make the rest a breeze. good job riot. now may we please have some server updates so it doesn't constantly crash?also a new map, we have enough champs for now.
Hi. You must be new to this type of game.

This game originally spawned from a game called Dota. In this, a character with similar abilities existed without any balancing issues. The swap ability is no more op than anything else most champions have.

Is Urgot op? No idea, but Im sure his damage/tank levels can be toned down if need be.

Also, in this patch they DID bring us server updates. Yay riot.

Finally, new maps don't work for this style of game. If we have too many maps, then we split the player base on who wants to play what, which stops the instant Qs we all love now.

Good luck.

William Cross

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygnome View Post
Hi. You must be new to this type of game.

This game originally spawned from a game called Dota. In this, a character with similar abilities existed without any balancing issues. The swap ability is no more op than anything else most champions have.

Is Urgot op? No idea, but Im sure his damage/tank levels can be toned down if need be.

Also, in this patch they DID bring us server updates. Yay riot.

Finally, new maps don't work for this style of game. If we have too many maps, then we split the player base on who wants to play what, which stops the instant Qs we all love now.

Good luck.
Listen to this man! He is very wise!

Nocturne

Lead Effects Artist

08-24-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbri View Post
Not sure Urgot deserves to be associated with the awesomeness that is Dune. Kog would have been more appropriate.
This is just a guess, but I think he used that quote because Urgot shares some similarities with Baron Harkonnen.

simplygnome

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrfTheManatroy View Post
This is just a guess, but I think he used that quote because Urgot shares some similarities with Baron Harkonnen.
Can totally see that. Sooo..he likes little boys? =P

Blazehero

08-24-2010

Oh ****, sexy Urgot