provide me "bad" matchmaking game records

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuru

11-05-2009

Got out of a match that was over before I (teemo) had hit level 9. Despite the brevity we were almost done destroying their second inhibitor when the other team surrendered. The opposing team was clearly matched significantly too high.

Summoner levels:
My team -
Kuru 14
Saturnyne 14
Elmismisimo 14
v0rtex 10
cptSpaulding 17

Their team -
Rasco 6
cheezmonger 7
extremecold 5
kzar Otto 9
rugeater the lemurtastic 10

Everyone aside from rugeater on the other team continually over-extended, tower dove, etc. Perhaps matchmaker thought he could carry his team?

Phantommmmenace

11-05-2009

Level 20 and this is the trash I got paired with. Sion was apparently a first timer, and it's 7:00 PM EST, so I doubt there's so few people on that he got off newbie island because he waited forever and there was nobody else to pair him with near his level.

I can deal with a couple of bad players in a solo que, but when all 4 are so horribly bad and outmatched, what the hell do you expect a guy to do?

MrGrimm999

The Council

11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Level 20 and this is the trash I got paired with. Sion was apparently a first timer, and it's 7:00 PM EST, so I doubt there's so few people on that he got off newbie island because he waited forever and there was nobody else to pair him with near his level.

I can deal with a couple of bad players in a solo que, but when all 4 are so horribly bad and outmatched, what the hell do you expect a guy to do?
Half of it is matchmakings fault, kinda? I was premading with some rl noob friends of mine, their elo is really low whereas mine is higher, so it could only find a game where you were the good player with a bunch of bad players, somehow the average of our teams elo's were somewhat close. I duno I think as you premade and get a higher rating this will happen to you less and less.

Charlie

11-05-2009

Quote:

That pic he posted is funny. Tryandamere stacked mana potions hahaha.

It would seem that team may have been "trolling". Not necessarily noobs. Maybe they were trying to lower their ELO so they could roflstomp new ppl. We can't know unless we can see their profile and game history.

I have a theory that some of these people in solo games are just screwing around while they play serious in their team games.

If they were noobs though I wouldn't call them trash, thats just rude.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

11-05-2009
4 of 16 Riot Posts

This is an interesting thread guys, keep the data coming!

Phantommmmenace

11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
That pic he posted is funny. Tryandamere stacked mana potions hahaha.

It would seem that team may have been "trolling". Not necessarily noobs. Maybe they were trying to lower their ELO so they could roflstomp new ppl. We can't know unless we can see their profile and game history.

I have a theory that some of these people in solo games are just screwing around while they play serious in their team games.

If they were noobs though I wouldn't call them trash, thats just rude.
Actually that was him giving up. After he fed like crazy he started raging, sold his items, stacked mana pots, and argued with the other teammates. This was not a troll team I assure you.

Mpalm

11-05-2009

Quote:
Actually that was him giving up. After he fed like crazy he started raging, sold his items, stacked mana pots, and argued with the other teammates. This was not a troll team I assure you.
Damn, I thought I had my new build.

OneEyedKing

11-05-2009

How do leavers factor into the matchmaking system? I've had a ton of 4v5 games, and I was wondering if there are actual repercussions to this, because it just ruins games.

Otherwise, most of my games have been decent, skill-wise. A lot of what matters in a game are matchups and teamwork.

That level breakdown, however you got it, was very insightful; it would be nice to see what level or ELO our teammates were, at least, but I'd worry people would jump off teams if their teammates were low.

Zirun

11-05-2009

What can I say? Nasus fed Teemo, Morgana fed Rammus/Gangplank, Sivir was doing alright early game, I believe, but then started overextending and getting owned. Shaco was almost half-decent, thought he tended to be suicidal (As in jumping into a group of 4 opponents to get a kill. That was how he got his only kill).

I was the only one that didn't constantly rush into a group of 3-5 enemies and die. Several times I saw Nasus use Wither on one of the enemies in the group (while they were trying to push our middle inhibitor tower) and rush out and try to get the kill, followed by Morgana, both of whom would usually die doing this. Even worse was they tried doing this on Gangplank, of all people.

It's games like this that make me hate only being good with support/caster/tank champs. Always makes me wonder if the outcome might have been just a little bit different if I played a carry, soloed mid instead of Sivir...

*sigh* Naturally, this game is the one that follows up one where I completely dominated, going 12/0/11. Seems to be a fairly regular pattern now. All of my last normal games have alternated wins and losses, with the games usually being fairly lopsided.

I think the last good game I had was actually against a premade (I'm fairly sure they were, didn't ask them) with 5 promotes that would try and take down our towers with them. Luckily we had enough AoE (I was Fiddlesticks, and ended up getting at least a kill or two every promote push) to route them, then get Baron and push for the win.

runon4ever

11-05-2009

This is funny. For a while, Zileas + Riot staff could make a decent argument to try and justify their matchmaking system. However, after being inundated with so many inexplicable examples, they have given up.

I hope this will open Riot's eyes and allow them to clean the slate and start anew.