my screen freezes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Natakolol

11-04-2009

My screen freezes as soon as i enter the game. If i alt tab and tab back in it fixes the problem but if i move my mouse accross the screen to move on the map it freezes again. Also if i stay idle it will freeze after about 10 seconds. I can still alt tab and run other programs fine while this is happening. Im thinking its a problem with my graphics card i use an nvidia gforce go 7400 and its drivers are up to date, although the loading screen tells me otherwise. I also have all the graphics turned down on the lowest setting. I need some help.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-05-2009
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Could I ask you to post your dxdiag?

I'm starting to notice this is not an isolated problem. If you're having the same issue please post your dxdiag, game log, and air log from the relevant session.

Log posting instructions

Natakolol

11-05-2009

hmm is this what youneed?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-05-2009
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Try updating your graphics drivers and let me know if there's any change.

I think this is a link to your driver update:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRA...600-8454.shtml

Natakolol

11-05-2009

my graphics card is up to date already i tried using that driver but windos just said that it was up to date

Jadesabre

11-13-2009

I was just in a round that would not let me play for more than 2-5 minutes before my screen would freeze. The game would continue around me, usually with my champion dying. If I alt tabbed it the screen would go blank, but again it would continue around me.

if I Cntl, Alt, Del closed the program and started again, everything would be fine, for another 2-5minutes rinse and repeat, when the game concluded I was logging back in while my team won.

So after ~45 minutes i ended up getting -100 xp for leaving a game that I was trying freaking stay in with intense vigor.

Attached is my DXD or some such file.

I also have a wireless connection which I have read might be part of the issue, perhaps I lose one frame and the screen just never recovers, but that is definitely undesirable as an mmorpg/rts, as i cannot maintain Real time for more than 5 minutes.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jade

CoheeD

11-13-2009

Same thing happens to me. It's been ongoing for the passed 2 weeks. I updated my drivers and set everything to none or low and it has not helped.

This is extremely annoying as I want to play this game, and there is little to no help on this issue.

Please help us!

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-13-2009
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Jade, it sounds like the card may be overheating. While your machine meets the minimum system requirements, it will probably have trouble running the game in general. Try to free up as many system resources as you can.

The wireless connection may also be the issue, but the only thing I can recommend is connecting directly to the router, or possibly using a different network card. Bigfoot and Killer network cards often have problems running League of Legends in game mode, switching them to app mode may help if this applies to you.

Coheed, I remember you posting your logs a while back, but could you post a fresh dxdiag for me?

Jadesabre

11-18-2009

I have now connected to a hard line through the router with little to no change.

I also downloaded speedfan and it is possible that it is overheating.

What I do not understand is how this game is able to overheat my graphics card while other significantly more graphics intensive games such as World of Warcraft and battlefield 2 have not ever had this issue.

What is in this game that requires so many resources? I have played Warcraft III and Starcraft on this same computer with no issues, and this game is quite similar to my eyes in what should be required of a video card.

I would like to play this game with my friends, but I have a hard time validating buying a new video card for n64 quality video.

Ilyena

12-05-2009

Im currently trying to help my friend with this exact problem, Hes able to start a game, load it and enter the game. after he scrolls too fast along the map or clicks on the minimap it freezes. He cant do anything, he Ctrl alt del's (which takes quite a bit of time) and can close it, but it freezes his computer some times at the same time. Any chance of an update on this?