Champion Bluepill

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lendari

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZileasAKATcadwell View Post
We made the value judgement that running to base = un-fun, that buying items = fun, and that combat = fun.

So we added recall in order to maximize the fun activities, and reduce the un-fun activities.
So... by this logic you should let us shop at any time and take out the death timer and make all the hero's run faster?

Zanzu

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerchew View Post
i say instead of going to the fountain, why not bring the shop+fountain to you!!
I believe I've heard that's actually a planned feature for the soviet russia release.

-edit-
Lendari, removing the death timer would actually increase the time games take dramatically, they'd be nearly never ending. blue pill speeds up games, lack of death timer makes games eternal.

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

07-13-2009

There have been many discussions about bluepill, and it always seems to be coming from the newer members of the community. After a while, you realise that you can't avoid most ganks with bluepill, and it isn't an instant teleport back to base. It is a very good ability, which speeds up the game and actually promotes ganking. How you ask? It's simple! It allows you to heal up, and get your items faster so you are stronger faster so you can go kill apposing champions sooner!

Zomba

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

There are no tp scrolls so its ok i guess

CutsMan

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

I actually really enjoy the blue pill coming from being a dota player it saves the trouble of running back but its a long enough cast to not make it super amazing you can't really escape danger with it as any thing stops it vs something like boots of travel where only stun stopped it

eddysamson

07-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
So... by this logic you should let us shop at any time and take out the death timer and make all the hero's run faster?
No. I hate it when people try to do that whole "by this logic" thing. That logic works because bluepill doesn't have drastic implications on the game/gameplay. What you said obviously does.

L0CUST

The Council

07-13-2009

blue pill is amazing, imo it still takes too long to move around the map and buy items. one thing dota has is the chicken. it allows you to stay in the field and get items... so you can go from lane to lane ganking.

in LoL you generally HAVE to go back to base if the gank didn't go perfectly (they rarely do), which means you also HAVE to run back to a lane... it takes a bit too long. Really, one thing DotA has on LoL is map control with shops / runes. I know the runes are being implemented... but the 1/2 shops REALLY needs to be put in to speed up / create some fun group battles for shopping privileges.

MrFroho

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

Bluepill just takes time to get used to. I hated it for so long, always making threads suggesting alternatives like tp scrolls, buying bluepills for 50 gold and such.

But after a long time, plus going back to dota/hon and feeling the lack of bluepilling, you realize that riot has done something right here.

Please keep bluepill as is!

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

07-13-2009

Agreed Froho. I actually hated your threads so much, but once you switched over man I knew blue pill was something that had to stay the same.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

07-13-2009
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
I guess you didn't read the part about how the goal is to make the game more fun. I'm not sure how removing all risk from the game would be more fun for a pvp game by any stretch of the imagination. Is it so strange to think that the amount of running in DOTA is undesirable, and that a lesser but not non-existant amount is better?