Is this REALLY what I can expect from playing this game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ileumn

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
It sucks, I know, but think of it as trial by fire. If you need to, type "/mute all" once you're in the game and people flame you. Realize this, most players in the 1-15 levels seem to be smurfs, high level players that have created new accounts to go noobstomping. Believe me, levels 20-29 are great, and level 30 is awesome.

Edit-

The reason a lot of people loosely associated with LoL think the community sucks so hard is because their main contact point is smurfs. I encourage you to get to higher levels to meet some really decent folk.
even at higher elo there are a lot of ******s. With that said, its just part of the game unfortunately

Konush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

As Kirilies has said, you can come one LoL University Chatroom, there are generally some friendly ppl there. Also there are other newer ppl who would be willing to play with you and go through what you have been going through in solo q.

arkchargersfan

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valha View Post
Hello....I'm a newer player, having only started playing about 3 weeks ago and I have some venting to do. First off, I'd like to say that I've enjoyed this game and have had fun with it for the mostpart during the little time I have played it......however......I need some things to be cleared up. Recently, since attaining a level of 20+ I've noticed alot of changes with the game I've come to enjoy.

Firstly, bot games have been given a time limit from which games can be played to earn ip and xp. This has been a double edged sword for me. I like the fact that I now have to take off the proverbial diaper and start participating more in what this game was designed for which is direct pvp, not human vs ai, but it has also kind of thrown me into a whole new world of this game when I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for it. Currently I do not believe by any stretch of the imagination I am anywhere near the level of capability with any given champ as probably 70% or more of the community are. This has lead to some problems for me.

I have bitten the bullet and firmly believe that only by jumping in head first and trying things out on this new field is the only way to truly adjust and learn from a much higher skill level of opponent. I also don't like the idea of playing a game where aside from maybe some minor game experience from bot play, nothing is gained. But since doing so I have discovered that in nearly EVERY game I play I am treated like garbage if I do not perform as well as people think the champion I am playing should perform.

Now go ahead all potential trolls, call me QQ or w/e you want....I'm used to this sort of behavior in games of this nature.....but in LoL.....it seems to be exemplified 1000 fold. So I have a question to pose this community.....how eager do you think new players like myself are going to be to continue playing when anytime we do, all we are met with is people telling us how terrible we are and being harassed to the point where the game isnt even fun? How about instead of being total ****faces, throw out some ideas as to what we could do to become better? Maybe spend some time watching as we play and let us KNOW what we're doing wrong and why. Hell, maybe even suggest a champ or 2 from the one we're playing that might suit us better.

I used to play this game daily about 4-5 times as time allowed......but now when I turn on the computer I have to stop and think.....do I want another 30-50 mins of being told how crappy I am and being made to feel like garbage, or should I maybe do something where I'm allowed to learn and benefit from the experience of making mistakes. And before you all go off about "oh not everyone here is like that", maybe ask yourselves why it is then that EVERY game I've played from 20+ there hasnt been a single one where there wasnt at least one jerkoff.

I'm likely done playing this game for good given my experiences here and seeing first hand what a bunch of a-holes most LoL players are, so feel free to ban or w/e you need to do for this post. But I KNOW full well I am not alone in the way I feel, and it's sad to see a community embrace the crappy attitudes the way this one has. I guess what my hope is by this post, is being proven wrong or having someone come along and help me in a way that makes this game at least SOMEWHAT enjoyable again.
add me, arkchargersfan
i can help u get better and i never rage

Abdelazar

06-17-2012

Looking up your statistics from the last 10 games:

You averaged:

2 kills
8 deaths
9 assists

Not particularly amazing. These past 10 games may not be particularly representative, but it did annoy me a little when you exaggerated your kills and assists.

Your builds don't look terribly bad to me, with the exception of the beserker's greaves on cassiopeia. But you seem to have fixed that.

If you're looking to improve your build look up guides on solomid or mobafire or something.

The champs you have played in the past 10 games are Cassiopeia, Sivir, and Galio. None of these are support champs. And no, your skill in this game is not measured by your kills but by if you win the game or not.

BUT, in your last 10 games, you won 7 games, lost 2 games, and left 1. That's pretty good, regardless of your score. I doubt people would whine on your team if you won, and if they do every time, it's highly unlikely that you will get carried every game (aka if you win a lot, it probably has something to do with you).

All that being said, it might be easier to play someone like Yi, or Ashe, or Ryze. Cassiopeia is supposed to be a hard mage to learn. idk about galio.

Looking at the number of games you have played and given that you are lvl 26, it's clear you have played a lot of coop v ai. This has probably contributed largely to your skill deficit (if there is one) because bots are pretty stupid.

Tiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-17-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

The previous system had a limit on the amount of IP that was earned from Co-op vs. AI games.

Taken directly from the Patch Notes post:

Quote:
Players can now earn unlimited rewards per day in Co-op vs. AI. After 180 minutes, rewards continue to be earned at 75% the normal rate.
This is official as of this morning. =)

KultoDeSkaro

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
The previous system had a limit on the amount of IP that was earned from Co-op vs. AI games.

Taken directly from the Patch Notes post:

This is official as of this morning. =)
Um. Wrong thread bro.

Tiza

eSports Coordinator

06-17-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KultoDeSkaro View Post
Um. Wrong thread bro.
From the OP:

Quote:
Firstly, bot games have been given a time limit from which games can be played to earn ip and xp.
Right thread, bro.

PootPoot Balance

06-17-2012

Quote:
Hello....I'm a newer player, having only started playing about 3 weeks ago and I have some venting to do. First off, I'd like to say that I've enjoyed this game and have had fun with it for the mostpart during the little time I have played it......however......I need some things to be cleared up. Recently, since attaining a level of 20+ I've noticed alot of changes with the game I've come to enjoy.

Firstly, bot games have been given a time limit from which games can be played to earn ip and xp. This has been a double edged sword for me. I like the fact that I now have to take off the proverbial diaper and start participating more in what this game was designed for which is direct pvp, not human vs ai, but it has also kind of thrown me into a whole new world of this game when I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for it. Currently I do not believe by any stretch of the imagination I am anywhere near the level of capability with any given champ as probably 70% or more of the community are. This has lead to some problems for me.

I have bitten the bullet and firmly believe that only by jumping in head first and trying things out on this new field is the only way to truly adjust and learn from a much higher skill level of opponent. I also don't like the idea of playing a game where aside from maybe some minor game experience from bot play, nothing is gained. But since doing so I have discovered that in nearly EVERY game I play I am treated like garbage if I do not perform as well as people think the champion I am playing should perform.

Now go ahead all potential trolls, call me QQ or w/e you want....I'm used to this sort of behavior in games of this nature.....but in LoL.....it seems to be exemplified 1000 fold. So I have a question to pose this community.....how eager do you think new players like myself are going to be to continue playing when anytime we do, all we are met with is people telling us how terrible we are and being harassed to the point where the game isnt even fun? How about instead of being total ****faces, throw out some ideas as to what we could do to become better? Maybe spend some time watching as we play and let us KNOW what we're doing wrong and why. Hell, maybe even suggest a champ or 2 from the one we're playing that might suit us better.

I used to play this game daily about 4-5 times as time allowed......but now when I turn on the computer I have to stop and think.....do I want another 30-50 mins of being told how crappy I am and being made to feel like garbage, or should I maybe do something where I'm allowed to learn and benefit from the experience of making mistakes. And before you all go off about "oh not everyone here is like that", maybe ask yourselves why it is then that EVERY game I've played from 20+ there hasnt been a single one where there wasnt at least one jerkoff.

I'm likely done playing this game for good given my experiences here and seeing first hand what a bunch of a-holes most LoL players are, so feel free to ban or w/e you need to do for this post. But I KNOW full well I am not alone in the way I feel, and it's sad to see a community embrace the crappy attitudes the way this one has. I guess what my hope is by this post, is being proven wrong or having someone come along and help me in a way that makes this game at least SOMEWHAT enjoyable again.
I bet 90% of the players who call you noob (or bad or whatever), are also noob. I want to play with you. You sound like a kind hearted guy, and more fun than some of the "a-holes" I play with. Add me in game if you would like ^_^ Furrp, out!

AlexxShadow

06-17-2012

If you'd like to retry your experience
I'd be happy to give you some Pointers I'm a pretty laid back individual
Trust me LoL has a massive community and it's bound to have it's ups and downs

Xaph

06-17-2012

I dont rage at someone unless they were originally trash talking teamates or myself. If your having a hard game I usually try and say it happens and suggest something you could do to turn it around.