<-- new to lol

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

st1nr

02-12-2012

hi! only have played a few times, rly lookin on how to get btr..
idk build or how to make O/P.

lmk

Kame Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

Welcome to LoL.
I'd attempt to help but your match history only has 3 games and seems like you played 10 mins into it then left.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2012

Start by typing in full sentences, with grammar and punctuation. In game, it matters less, because time is of the essence, but in the forum you need them in order to be taken seriously.

Best Heim EU

06-17-2012

Dont listen to him grammar doesnt matter english is horrible language anyway. Welcome to the league of legends.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

06-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Welcome aboard, st1nr! I hope you enjoy the game!

HuggableZombie

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by st1nr View Post
hi! only have played a few times, rly lookin on how to get btr..
idk build or how to make O/P.

lmk
First off, try out the free champions. Some of them are a bit harder but there are almost always atleast a few that are friendly to new players.

Once you find a champion you like, check their prices. If they are a bit too high for your budget (or patience) then try finding a cheaper one. The lowest ones are:

Ryze - Pretty solid pick. He's a mage that builds Mana and Ability Power. You want items like Tear of the Goddess and Catalyst the Protector. Later on you want to turn those items into Rod of Ages and Archangel Staff. There are a few other items that work well on him, but I'm not going to go into too much depth.

Master Yi - Carry, meaning he is pretty weak when it comes to health but hits like a truck later on if you build right. You want things like Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, and Infinity Edge. Also, not going into too much depth.

Kayle (My first champion) - Is actually pretty difficult. She feels very awkward to play, but is like Master Yi (hits like a truck). Needless to say, my first few games with her I did horrible. She kind of builds the same as Master Yi (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Garen - He's got a lot of health and hits really hard early game. Don't know much else about him except that Sunfire Cape is good on him (old news? I'm not sure).

There are more of course, but it's late and I dont want to go through all of them.

I'd say just play and getting better comes with experience. Welcome though, glad to see new people.

Xaph

06-17-2012

Huggable Zombie is pretty much right. There are suggested items in the shop screen and using those isn't bad if your just starting. There are also websites like solomid to help you with guides that give in-depth explanations of champions and how they are suggested to be played. You get better through a lot of practice honestly, and I will tell you this now so when your lvl 30 its ingrained into your head. BUY WARDS... they get kills and save lives/map objectives.

Enjoy the game and welcome.

Hsuanl

Recruiter

06-17-2012

i suggest starting with custom game agisnt AI, with easy champ like yi ( my favorite), ashe, or ryze

Quote:
Master Yi - Carry, meaning he is pretty weak when it comes to health but hits like a truck later on if you build right. You want things like Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, and Infinity Edge. Also, not going into too much depth.
as my best champ I must disagree :P, he is beast at all time if you do the correct build, you need to get your attack speed (AS) to ~2.000-2.100 and stack up armor penetration (ARP) or lifesteal, read Mobafire.com 's guide before you play

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitros98 View Post
Dont listen to him grammar doesnt matter english is horrible language anyway. Welcome to the league of legends.
While English is indeed a less than ideal language, that's no reason to make it worse. That's like saying your face is rather ugly, so we might as well just take it off.

retched

06-18-2012

Hey man, my best tip for new players is to get more games under your belt. Don't forget to buy items (hard for players to remember who haven't played this type of game before)

When you get a feel for the game, come back to the forums for some more tips.