Who's side of the Freljord conflict are you on?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicLotus

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
Well quite simply, rather or not there are enough fertile lands, they also have plenty of mountains they can mine in and a good stretch of coastline among other things. IMHO they can provide for everyone so long as they all work together.( if you don't get why I said the stuff about mountains and coastline it is saying that they can export and import)
Another valid point as long as Freijord has something (minerals maybe) that other states would be willing to trade... a more than likely scenario.

But then again we need a RED input here, as we can only guess.

Is there or not enough food for all?! we just have the word of Ashe and Sejuani for it...
What other resourse Freijord have? Are they in high demand, or have any demand at all? None info.

H3llion

06-15-2012

i support Ashe
whats going on in the Freljord is like the Meiji restoration in Japan when Japanese leaders realized that the rest of the world was going into a new age without them and some of them pushed for modernization to keep up, while others fought against it to preserve tradition. Ashe wants to lead her people into a new age while Sejuani is like a samurai fighting to preserve the traditional ways and doesn't realize that she cant fight change and hold her people back in the past while everyone else moves forward.

Subalternate01

06-15-2012

I think Sejuani needs Olaf and Leona on her side to spice things up and win back Freljord. A civil war in Freljord would take the limelight away from Demacia and Noxus. Two places which have gotten far to much attention.

Sejuani all the way because the lore needs to heat up

Eredaar

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subalternate01 View Post
I think Sejuani needs Olaf and Leona on her side to spice things up and win back Freljord. A civil war in Freljord would take the limelight away from Demacia and Noxus. Two places which have gotten far to much attention.

Sejuani all the way because the lore needs to heat up
what do olaf and leona have to do with anything o.o

throwmeaname

06-15-2012

Sejuani's lore is a good place to illustrate the life it is in Freljord, and EpicLotus is right about Freljord's dwindling resources. In her lore, Freljord only provides for the few. Sejuani claim that the alliance is just a ruse so Ashe can hoard all the resources herself. If Sejuani's claims are true, and that Freljord has limited resources, then the coming of the barbarians would only spread the little resources they have over a bigger population.

We also got to take into account the background of the barbarians. At the end of the JoJ chronocling Freljord, Katarina said that the barbarians will pay for the atrocities they have commited. Also, according to the wiki (not sure if reliable or not), Demacia has a sketchy relationship with the barbarians because barbarians pillage the outering villages in Demacian territories. On top of that, their king is bent on vengeance. So given that the 3 sisters were at peace with each other, the barbarian may cause civil unrest due to their, I-want-I-get mindset. The king would probably expand the Freljord territories due to the demand of the increase population which means warfare.This is probably why Sejuani made the statement that Ashe is perverting their culture.

In the end, I know that Sejuani makes a good ruler. The fact that she came from the bottom then rose to the top and she knows the harsh realities of the Freljord makes her a good candidate as the leader.

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

I will always be on Ashe's side.

Skagwatcher

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
what do olaf and leona have to do with anything o.o
Well Olaf does wander around Freljord because it reminds him of home. Leona has nothing to do with Freljord, she is with the Rakkor. I'm with Ashe on this one, Sej is fighting just for power. If she wanted her people to be fed, she would ally with Ashe so she could move in on the fertile land and crops. Hell, she could even abandon Freljord and take some other unoccupied land for her people where she could rule with an iron fist. Sej is just being a brat who refuses to give up power even if it means the death of her own tribe. I'm sure Sej certainly isn't going hungry even though her people are starving.

KiteMeGood

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skagwatcher View Post
Well Olaf does wander around Freljord because it reminds him of home. Leona has nothing to do with Freljord, she is with the Rakkor. I'm with Ashe on this one, Sej is fighting just for power. If she wanted her people to be fed, she would ally with Ashe so she could move in on the fertile land and crops. Hell, she could even abandon Freljord and take some other unoccupied land for her people where she could rule with an iron fist. Sej is just being a brat who refuses to give up power even if it means the death of her own tribe. I'm sure Sej certainly isn't going hungry even though her people are starving.
Also, Leona knows what it is like to suffer through what Sej has gone through. Having to send an indeterminate amount of 16 year old to fight to the death for what food reserves they have and how she was nearly executed just because she is not willing to fight.

Cookiehime

06-15-2012

Hrm. Whom to pick?

During champion selection:

Ashe- "Smart choice"

Sejuani-"Winter is coming"

HonorableGeneral

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobuZero View Post
I will always be on Ashe's side.
Agreed. I'll take a diplomat over a warmonger any day, if only because at least a diplomat would be willing to share resources.

If peace does not fill bellies, then war must empty them. Sejuani is stuck in this perpetual cycle of "We go to war to get resources and drive our economy" and "We spend these resources on more weapons and armaments to fuel our wars".

My question to her is this: What happens when there are simply no more wars left to fight? Your empire falls apart, that's what happens. She can't expect her war-based plans and economic ideals to last forever. There's simply not enough space on Valoran (read: infinite space) for her to constantly wage war. Eventually she'd have to resort to gladiatorial combat as a method of pacification and population control (much like how the Oceanian government in 1984 wages fake wars to stimulate the economy and manage the growing population of poor people).

Not to mention what would happen if the city-states fighting back actually stalled her advances, forcing her to waste more resources on conquering city-states that are too stubborn to fall (read: every city-state across Valoran - even Bandle City).

That honestly sounds like a nightmare scenario to me, and something Ashe is likely to know will happen, hence her hesitance at supporting the policies of aggression that Sejuani has put forth as her ideals.