[Tool] Spectate Anyone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sycadelic

06-15-2012

Oh oops I got it to work now
I just had to put a ; at the ending too lol.

Trollgasm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Stronk

Trystin

06-15-2012

it keeps giving me this:

The installation location does not appear to be valid, make sure it is correct.
C:\Users\v\Desktop\Spectate Anyone>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

then it closes

EDIT:
Got it

trevorwhatever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
This is a tool that allows you to spectate anyone as long as you know their summoner name. It requires an installation of LoL and an account on the region you want to spectate.

UPDATE: You can now check lists of people to see if they're in an observable game. See below for details.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any problems this program causes you. However, you have my word that this program is not malicious in any way and should not cause any problems. Source code is available below.

See attachments for screenshots of it in action.

How to use:
1) Make sure your Java is up to date (minimum Java version is 1.5.0)
2) Download the files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ge7uw4ly4p5xryb (zip file containing a jar file and a bat file)
3) Extract the zip somewhere.
4) Double click the *.bat file. (You may be able to run the jar file directly if you're lucky)
5) Fill in the required information and start spectating people! (see the third screenshot for where to find the client version)
Note: This program requires a valid login for League of Legends. If you're worried about account security, create another account and use that.

How it works:
1) This program logs into Riot's servers using the information you provided.
2) Then, it asks Riot for the spectate info for the summoner you want.
3) Finally, it starts the game client in spectator mode.

How do I check to see if a list of people are in game?
1) Create a text file, e.g. HighElo.txt
2) Put one summoner name per line in that file.
3) Type '!HighElo.txt' (without the quotes) when running the program to get back a list of who you can spectate. See the fourth screenshot for an example.

Is it safe? Is it legal? Is it a keylogger?
-- Yes it's safe. Yes it's legal. No it's not a keylogger. EDIT: This is actually borderline legal. See section III.E and "emulate" of the EULA
-- If you don't trust me, the source code is available here: https://code.google.com/p/lolrtmpsclient/

It's not working for me!
-- Make sure you update your Java.
-- Run the *.bat file, it's more likely to run the *.jar file properly.
-- Check config.txt to make sure all of the information is correct.
-- If the client is just a black screen, then the players are still in champ select or the first 3 minutes of the game.
-- If it freezes after entering a name, download the new version or update your Java installation.
-- If loading a list doesn't work, download the new version.
-- If you get the error "Access Denied" run the bat file as Administrator.
-- If you get the error "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command..." 1) make sure you have Java installed 2) you need to add Java to the PATH -- see here and here 3) check your PATHEXT variable and make sure it has .EXE in it.
-- If you get the error "Unable to access jarfile" check your firewall.
-- If you get the error "Unsupported major.minor version..." then you need to update Java.
-- If you get the error "Wrong client version for server" then make sure you're putting in the correct version. See the third screenshot.
-- If you get the error "An Authentication object was not found in the SecurityContext" when trying to spectate someone, then you got logged out. You can only be logged into the client OR this program, not both.
-- If you get the error "No summoner found" and the person is definitely in a game, then you need to set up the account you're using with a summoner name.
-- If you get the error "No summoner found" and the name contains special characters, then you need to wait for an update to this program.
-- If you get the error "Game is not observable" when trying to spectate someone, then their game has an observer setting that prohibits you from observing.
-- If you get the error "Language file is missing. Please try reinstalling!" and a lot of other popups when you start spectating, download the new version of this program or copy the program to the same drive LoL is installed on.
-- If you get the error "java.lang.NullPointerException" when entering a name with a special character in it, download the new version.
-- Post here if you still can't figure it out.

Other questions:
Where do I find the client version? See the third screenshot.
How do I get it to remember my password? Put a line like "pass=foobar" in config.txt.
What regions can you spectate? NA, EUW, and EUN.
Is there a limit to spectators? No, only practice game lobbies have a limit to spectators. Once a game is started, theoretically infinite spectators can watch.
Can you spectate any game? You can spectate any game except co-op games or practice games that have observers set to "None" or "Lobby Only"
Can you spectate the game of another spectator? Unfortunately, no.
Can you spectate games on the tournament realm? As of right now, no. If I get the connection information for the tournament realm, then I can enable it in this tool, but it would still require an account to use.

You're crazy, have you made anything else?
I made JabeBot. See this thread for more information: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1294429
could you post a video on exactly how to do this I cannot figure it out

Xanthrochoi

06-15-2012

I put the wrong info for the user question how do I make it so I can change the user?

nvm I fixed it.

UtterDomination

06-15-2012

Thanks so much for developing this!
Is there any quick fix for the "No summoner found for xxx" bug? It seems only to happen if that person is in game, otherwise it will just say "xxx is not currently in a game"

Jabe

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorwhatever View Post
could you post a video on exactly how to do this I cannot figure it out
A video wouldn't really help. Just follow the 5 steps at the beginning of the post. Then come back with errors that you have. Most solutions are at the bottom of the post so check there first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtterDomination View Post
Thanks so much for developing this!
Is there any quick fix for the "No summoner found for xxx" bug? It seems only to happen if that person is in game, otherwise it will just say "xxx is not currently in a game"
Did you set up a summoner name for the account you're using?

Eruka Frog

06-15-2012

wow, you are a cool dude

FrozenBite

06-15-2012

Hi Jabe!
I think I'm doing something wrong : I've filled the config txt file, but when I double click the bat file I get an error message saying it couldn't find SpectateAnyone.bat
I've updated my Java so it's not the problem.

Thank you for your time!

TheSandyOne

06-15-2012

coming from a programmer - this tool is fantastic, great work!