Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattles View Post
What do you think of Yorick in 3s? Is Manamune still a good item even though 3s is much faster paced than 5s?
Oh God I despise Yorick so much...

He's a great champion on 3v3. So incredibly annoying to play against.

I know very little about him, but I do believe Manamune is a must on him.

I could be very wrong as this is a weak point in my knowledge, you may have to ask someone else!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Signetta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-15-2012

By what lvl are the junglers able to take the bigger camp in the upper jungle? the wraiths/wolves one with the buff. Do you think that Karma, or nidalee would make ok bot or top? Why would you say that leblanc is bad on 3's? The only thing i can really think of is that she really needs a blue buff and TT favors ppl who dont need mana :*(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Signetta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-15-2012

If it was up to you, and you didnt wanna play the meta you named with jungler, ad top, ap bot all tanky, how would you change it up?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemolitionDean

Senior Member

06-15-2012

If you are still answering questions...
What is the most important thing to do to win a game in high elo 3v3? Ex. Do you play a great early game team and make sure to get first blood and win early fights? Do you play people with good scaling into late game and try to hold off until then? Make absolute sure you get dragon buff every time? Make sure you out CS the opponent? Make sure you out CC the opponent? Make sure you win every teamfight?
Obviously all of these are factors in winning a game, and you should try to balance a team to do well at all of those, but what would you say is the most important deciding factor in winning a game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkinlessCoot

Member

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
I'm not sure how well I answered your question as I found it mildly confusing, but if you want to reformat it and ask again, go ahead.
Ill try my best to make it clearer. What are some stratagies you use, not normal playing the game, but actual things your team needs to talk about ahead of time and know how things are going to go down. Things you cant really do in a solo que.

Here are examples I have, I dont know if any are actually even viable, but they were the best examples i could think of to give you an idea what I mean. All of them are things that I definatly wouldnt do in solo que, not only because I dont know if they work, but because it requires the group to know what they need to do ahead of time.

Dragon 5 minutes in with double madreds(pink ward top 4 minutes in?)
Constant counter jungle(team to cover you)
Ward jumps over walls for ganks

I cant really think of much else but does the above work and/or are there any types of tactics that you can think of that you can only use as a team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Only Shaco

Member

06-15-2012

So how did you manage to get a top rating of 1897 in 5v5 ?

Do you have any tips? Because i'm not lvl 30 yet and im really scared from hearing from what people said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signetta View Post
By what lvl are the junglers able to take the bigger camp in the upper jungle? the wraiths/wolves one with the buff. Do you think that Karma, or nidalee would make ok bot or top? Why would you say that leblanc is bad on 3's? The only thing i can really think of is that she really needs a blue buff and TT favors ppl who dont need mana :*(
It's usually when you've gotten your Madred's razor. Wolves are easier than wraiths though. Nidalee is a great bruiser top lane, Karma might not be a bad mage bot lane.

I do not think Leblanc is very good on 3's, because she has huge *single target* burst. Whoever she throws it on will just eat all the damage and then stomp on her. If she had massive AoE burst like Viktor or Brand it would be a different story. Because she does have good mobility.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signetta View Post
If it was up to you, and you didnt wanna play the meta you named with jungler, ad top, ap bot all tanky, how would you change it up?
AP top.

AD carry and huge CC monster bot.

examples of bot lane:

Graves / Vayne / Kog'Maw + Blitzcrank / Alistar / Sona


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDean View Post
If you are still answering questions...
What is the most important thing to do to win a game in high elo 3v3? Ex. Do you play a great early game team and make sure to get first blood and win early fights? Do you play people with good scaling into late game and try to hold off until then? Make absolute sure you get dragon buff every time? Make sure you out CS the opponent? Make sure you out CC the opponent? Make sure you win every teamfight?
Obviously all of these are factors in winning a game, and you should try to balance a team to do well at all of those, but what would you say is the most important deciding factor in winning a game?
Keep control of jungle and get massive farm. Also have a compatible team composition and don't feed the other team too much.

Most deciding factor: Farm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinlessCoot View Post
Ill try my best to make it clearer. What are some stratagies you use, not normal playing the game, but actual things your team needs to talk about ahead of time and know how things are going to go down. Things you cant really do in a solo que.

Here are examples I have, I dont know if any are actually even viable, but they were the best examples i could think of to give you an idea what I mean. All of them are things that I definatly wouldnt do in solo que, not only because I dont know if they work, but because it requires the group to know what they need to do ahead of time.

Dragon 5 minutes in with double madreds(pink ward top 4 minutes in?)
Constant counter jungle(team to cover you)
Ward jumps over walls for ganks

I cant really think of much else but does the above work and/or are there any types of tactics that you can think of that you can only use as a team.
We never had any real special tactics like that. As in League of Legends every situation is unique so it's pretty hard to put an exact strategy to play. If we got first blood with a nice gank and had two madred's, we would double dragon when it spawned. But we never planned that ahead of time because sometimes we didn't get first blood, or sometimes I really needed boots instead of madred's.

I guess the ONE tactic we often used was to never take their inhibitors and continue to free farm. Giving us a huge advantage if they attempted to turtle.