HP Items

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

In summoner's rift the mages stack AP all day, and get free CDR/spammability from bluebuff as long as their team isn't getting completely wrecked, There isn't such a thing in Dominion. CDR is very important, but often it pidgeonholes champs into buying Frozen heart. I would love to see more top tier CDR items.

Giant Douche

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
So a question I'd like to ask here is whether high-end defensive items are conducive to healthy gameplay on Dominion. Variety is an issue we can still solve.
No, they are disruptive, and removed for a very good reason. Good job, Riot.

However, I still agree with the OP: there are not many useful items for dominion that give health. Dominion is dominated by AD carries or tank/bruisers. AP/Assassins do not typically have the luxury of building health as well as damage, as most need to max CDR.

What ends up happening, is that carries attack carries, and the team with more bruisers (or CCers) wins outright.

There need to be some items that give health, CDR and damage for their respective target roles (AD/AP). There also need to be items that give defensive stats combined with utility or damage.

A Fizz cannot be useful without building max ap and cdr, for example. To build defensively on a Fizz sacrifices the assassin role he's built for. There just aren't the right options for most champions. The Dominion meta needs new items.

Ragias

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousGlory View Post
There need to be some items that give health, CDR and damage for their respective target roles (AD/AP). There also need to be items that give defensive stats combined with utility or damage.
Zeke's Herald and Hextech Sweeper respectively.

Lenowill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

I'd kind of be interested to see an AP caster item with a targeted Immobilize active on it.

Then again, I'd also be interested in seeing such an item on Twisted Treeline.

"Root of the Treeline" anyone? xD

In any case, Caster itemization on Dominion definitely needs work. In particular, something that would allow burst casters to do their jobs against the tanky dps without simultaneously making tanky/blinky mages and hybrid more unduly powerful.

Increasing the CDR cap is actually a nice thought, though I hestitate to jump behind it full force for fear of what it could do to the power levels of people like Ryze and Kassadin.

George W Nome

Game Designer

06-14-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
If you truly believe that is the issue, then why not remove the deathcap and add a % ap scaling to the aura?
Jax is a pretty good reason :P
Design-wise, it's generally dangerous to resort to global bonuses (or penalties). They're a bit of a last resort, because there will always be collateral damage. A better way to handle it (IMO), would be to replace Deathcap with a similar, cheaper item that has some light defensive bonus. In fact, we've already been testing an item like that :P

Phourc

06-14-2012

Quote:
Design-wise, it's generally dangerous to resort to global bonuses (or penalties). They're a bit of a last resort, because there will always be collateral damage. A better way to handle it (IMO), would be to replace Deathcap with a similar, cheaper item that has some light defensive bonus. In fact, we've already been testing an item like that :P
Rabadon's Death-beanie!

Redeemed In Fire

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Rabadon's Death-beanie!
NLR+Kindlegem? WTB

Actually, if you're looking for a starting point, Kindlegem + damage components is a great idea.

Redeemed In Fire

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenowill View Post
I'd kind of be interested to see an AP caster item with a targeted Immobilize active on it.

Then again, I'd also be interested in seeing such an item on Twisted Treeline.

"Root of the Treeline" anyone? xD

In any case, Caster itemization on Dominion definitely needs work. In particular, something that would allow burst casters to do their jobs against the tanky dps without simultaneously making tanky/blinky mages and hybrid more unduly powerful.

Increasing the CDR cap is actually a nice thought, though I hestitate to jump behind it full force for fear of what it could do to the power levels of people like Ryze and Kassadin.
Deathfire + mpen. At least for bursters. I'd kind of like to see an item with the passive "Ability casts deal an additional 4-8% of the target's current health in magic damage.". Though it would need tuning to not be stupidly OP on anything with a really low CD spell.

Brisktea

06-15-2012

Why not have a modified haunting guise build into a modified abyssal scepter?

zionist shill

06-15-2012

Quote:

Hopefully that means Totalbiscuit finally got his item hmm? Totalbiscuit's Top Hat sounds nifty I must say.