The math of Pulsefire Ez's price

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Transairion

06-14-2012

Quote:
I love the idea not EVERYONE will have this skin.
This'd be a valid train of thought if Pulsefire was actually only released for a limited time. But he's not, his price just near-doubles after a few days. Anyone who buys Ez after just has to pay that "normal" price. (In comparison, Urfwick jumped from like 50 Rp the first day to a trollish 5000 RP on the very last day. That's what, 1000% price hike or something?).

In fact, I'd say that makes the Ez skin even less exclusive than you want. Why? Because people (like me) who don't even own Ez will see that pricerise, buy Ez and buy the skin just to play it safe in the odd chance that like Ez in the future and want that skin... because then they'll have to 78% more later.

So yeah, I'll be firstiming Ez with a super-Legendary skin, that doesn't seem so exclusive does it? XD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

petrognome

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiFTeDyourFACE View Post
If they released it at 3250 RP, I wouldn't bother buying it. I'll get it at the sale price, since I rarely buy skins and I want to show Riot a little appreciation for what they do. After all I do spend a good amount of my limited free time playing this game.

People need to draw the line on pricing somewhere. I'm only one person, but I hope other people would be with me when I say "3250 is too much for an in game item that I'll use MAYBE a few times a week."
You're a trooper. Doing exactly what they want you to do. "Drawing the line" by buying the skin at the price they intended you to buy it. Good job...

Actually drawing a line would be not buying it at all because of the pricing scheme. You're "only one person" helping to ensure this bull**** in the future. Congratulations.