Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkinlessCoot

06-14-2012

Ohai...again
I was wondering if you could give any tips on playing as a team. Aside from always knowing who's warding what/where and knowing as soon as we wipe 2 of them to zerg dragon me and my friends dont really play as a team, we are more like a solo que with good communication then a team.

We would fix it but we really arent quite sure how. Things seem way too situational for us to really come up with a "plan". Will this change over time after we play alot or is there something we can work on? Should we focus on these situational type of plays like "If bot is being pushed.." "If were steamrolling..." "If there heavily jungling......" and at least have a backbone idea of how we want to play under these circumstances, or should we focus on more consistant/less situational things like our strengths/weaknesses on our champs so we better understand each others capabilities?

Basically, we dont know what aspect to start with, nor any real type of "plan" ideas we could use that arent situational to the point of useless.

Sophitia

06-14-2012

Which champs are the absolute worst to play / have on your team in Twisted Treeline? People used to tell me Janna was horrible in TT, but I can usually eat the other team in the end with her because of her ranged farming ability / skillset.
(and a deathfire grasp never hurt either :P)

Also, for AP champions, would you suggest building items to counter the other team's AD / bruiser carry? (e.g., Zonya's + Thormail?), or would it be best to simply build all AP related items. My build as Janna is normally (2 doran's, sold as needed) Deathfire, Boots of Lucidity, Rabadon's, Void Staff, Zonya and Thormail (built in that order). Any suggestions? I also use a similar build for when I play as Morgana.

Signetta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

I noticed you said that AP Janna bot is viable, and i am obsessed with playing AP janna so i sorta danced a little bit. buuuut how would you build ap janna since you said tanky sounds good? im guessing a rod of ages, death fire, andddd....? what else or am i incorrect. it seems like rylais would be a waste because all of her dmging skills already have CC. so how could you build her and in what order given you were ahead and didnt have to buy counter items?

Signetta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

oh and would you max jannas q over w as ap janna? I usually do Q because she can instnaly clear a wave but maybe w is more useful im not sure.

Ebullient Shade

06-14-2012

TT= Tryndamere's Treeline

Eryn

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinlessCoot View Post
Ohai...again
I was wondering if you could give any tips on playing as a team. Aside from always knowing who's warding what/where and knowing as soon as we wipe 2 of them to zerg dragon me and my friends dont really play as a team, we are more like a solo que with good communication then a team.

We would fix it but we really arent quite sure how. Things seem way too situational for us to really come up with a "plan". Will this change over time after we play alot or is there something we can work on? Should we focus on these situational type of plays like "If bot is being pushed.." "If were steamrolling..." "If there heavily jungling......" and at least have a backbone idea of how we want to play under these circumstances, or should we focus on more consistant/less situational things like our strengths/weaknesses on our champs so we better understand each others capabilities?

Basically, we dont know what aspect to start with, nor any real type of "plan" ideas we could use that arent situational to the point of useless.
Always be on skype. Always say where you think the enemy is. Always say who you are targeting, shout out when you've exhuasted / ignited someone. Call for help if you need it. Organize a retreat or gank. Skype is the only way to play competitively in ranked 3s. Ranked 3v3 moves too fast for you to be able to stop and type.

If you're steamrolling continue to farm and keep control of jungle.

If bot is being pushed gank bot lane, or push top lane.

I'm not sure what you are implying by heavy jungling. But if their whole team is in the jungle they are probably about to gank you.

Your plan should fit your play styles. My teams plan was a quick gank top and huge pressure top lane while our bot lane (Zacynthos) racked up massive farm. But that was mostly because Zacynthos was the best LoL player I have ever seen and when he had farmed it was basically an instant win.

I'm not sure how well I answered your question as I found it mildly confusing, but if you want to reformat it and ask again, go ahead.

Nattles

06-14-2012

What do you think of Yorick in 3s? Is Manamune still a good item even though 3s is much faster paced than 5s?

Eryn

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkool View Post
Which champs are the absolute worst to play / have on your team in Twisted Treeline? People used to tell me Janna was horrible in TT, but I can usually eat the other team in the end with her because of her ranged farming ability / skillset.
(and a deathfire grasp never hurt either :P)

Also, for AP champions, would you suggest building items to counter the other team's AD / bruiser carry? (e.g., Zonya's + Thormail?), or would it be best to simply build all AP related items. My build as Janna is normally (2 doran's, sold as needed) Deathfire, Boots of Lucidity, Rabadon's, Void Staff, Zonya and Thormail (built in that order). Any suggestions? I also use a similar build for when I play as Morgana.
I think your build is really good. Thornmail is very situational and could be replaces with an early Rod of Ages or GA. But against a heavy AD team it is great. Also maybe instead of Lucidity, get Sorc Treads.

I'm afraid to call out any *worst* champions on TT as I'm sure I'll be flamed by people who play them but...
Veigar
Leblanc
Heimerdinger
Eve
Twitch
Taric

Come to mind.

Eryn

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signetta View Post
I noticed you said that AP Janna bot is viable, and i am obsessed with playing AP janna so i sorta danced a little bit. buuuut how would you build ap janna since you said tanky sounds good? im guessing a rod of ages, death fire, andddd....? what else or am i incorrect. it seems like rylais would be a waste because all of her dmging skills already have CC. so how could you build her and in what order given you were ahead and didnt have to buy counter items?
I never played AP bot on our team.

But as AP Janna, I think a build that would work is:

Sorc Treads
Rod of Ages
Deathfire Grasp
Rabadon's
Void Staff
Hourglass or FoN (if really needed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signetta View Post
oh and would you max jannas q over w as ap janna? I usually do Q because she can instnaly clear a wave but maybe w is more useful im not sure.
I maxed W first, as it becomes a huge nuke and gives movement speed. And on top of that, the main damage from your tornado is by charging it up, and too often by that time they are either ready to dodge it, or the CC from it is no longer useful (i.e trying to get away).
Then again farming with Q could be useful.

Eryn

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbralSoul View Post
TT= Tryndamere's Treeline
T.T = Tryndamere's Treeline