[Tool] Spectate Anyone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jabe

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecticism View Post
When entering a summoner name with a special character, i.e., , I get the message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at SpectateAnyone.main(SpectateAnyone.java:286)

Note I haven't browsed through the thread outside of the OP, so apologies if this has been posted/addressed already. Thanks for the work, it's a neat tool.

EDIT: Read through rest of the thread, saw you asked someone if their friends name had special characters in it but didn't see any follow up.
Download the new version, I've fixed that bug now. Thanks for the bug reproduction steps.

Vecticism

06-12-2012

Downloaded new version - no longer spits out the error message but simply says "No summoner found for xxx?x." Where x's are valid characters and the question mark is what replaces the special character(s). However, pasting the summoner name into the League of Legends client itself shows their profile, meaning it's a valid summoner name and the program works fine for any summoner names without special characters. I tested a few summoner names with different special characters and had the same result for each.

Thanks for the help/work.

Jabe

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecticism View Post
Downloaded new version - no longer spits out the error message but simply says "No summoner found for xxx?x." Where x's are valid characters and the question mark is what replaces the special character(s). However, pasting the summoner name into the League of Legends client itself shows their profile, meaning it's a valid summoner name and the program works fine for any summoner names without special characters. I tested a few summoner names with different special characters and had the same result for each.

Thanks for the help/work.
Unfortunately, Window's console (which is what this is running in) doesn't like UTF-8 so it does silly things like that. Check back in awhile and I'll have a UI or something for this.

Vecticism

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
Unfortunately, Window's console (which is what this is running in) doesn't like UTF-8 so it does silly things like that. Check back in awhile and I'll have a UI or something for this.
Yeah - I tried chcp 65001 and changing the font (which forced the program to pause as opposed display the "no summoner" message) and such in cmd to see if there were any easy fixes but consoles ****tiness wins again. Oh well.

KILLThrees

06-12-2012

I tried installing everything you said in the thread and I keep getting this, can you help me?

http://i.imgur.com/rEt5Z.png

Thanks

Jabe

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLThrees View Post
I tried installing everything you said in the thread and I keep getting this, can you help me?

http://i.imgur.com/rEt5Z.png

Thanks
Download the new version.

KILLThrees

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
Download the new version.
I already tried that. I was getting that error in the older version and then downloaded the new one but it still says that to me

Nice work and thanks for your help, tho

Edit: It works now!

Dominwin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

What the hell do i put for lollocation

Scratch that, what do i put for everything...

Jabe

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebrine View Post
What the hell do i put for lollocation

Scratch that, what do i put for everything...
lollocation - put where you installed LoL, e.g. C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\
version - put in the client version of your client, see here (it's currently 1.60.something)
region - put in the region you want to spectate (NA or EUW or EUN)
user - put in a login name for that region (e.g. Jabe)
pass (optional) - put in the password for that login (e.g. Jabe's password)

Dirty Broccoli

06-13-2012

The summoner list doesn't seem to work for me. I put several summoner names in the textfile that are currently in game but whenever I do !list.txt nothing shows up.