Who is the absolute strongest champion? (Lore wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMeta88

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
Alright, I'm bound and determined to make the point that Nasus is not the most powerful being ever...

1. He heard pleas from summoners, these *powerful* mages that can do whatever. Not all summoners are of equal strength. Had Nasus been summoned by Kolminye or Ashram, he probably would've been handed to right away if he tried to start a fight. Low level summoners have done stupid stuff before, like the illegal summoning of Fiddlesticks, and Lee Sin's stupidity as a youth where he blew up a village. There are hundreds of summoners, not every one of them is as godlike as the rest.

2. Nasus comes from an entire race of people the same strength as himself. The only reason he is in the position of the Great Library Protector is because of his intellect, not his strength. His entire race is as strong as him, but his intelligence is was sets him apart.

3. Why are you guys basing this on how big a threat an individual is? Anivia isn't a threat? If she wanted to she could more than likely create a new ice-age and destroy all of Valoran, but she doesn't. It's not because she's weak, but because she isn't a violent individual. There's no reason for Anivia not to be at the top of this list compared to Nasus.

4. Champions like Cho'Gath and Brand have never really seemed to struggle in their binds. In my opinion Cho'Gath is waiting for something. He is an extremely powerful void creature, and with Malzahar and Kog'Maw wandering around doing their thing I imagine he's just being patient, with some greater plan in mind. Besides, as far as I'm concerned he was bound by Reginald Ashram himself. Brand on the other hand, seems to know what the Institute is up to, and is just waiting for his opportunity to wipe everyone out.

5. Didn't you see the bloopers for Season 1? Nasus clearly has a weakness for tennis balls, one that could easily lead him to his death. To big a weakness to let him hold the title as #1.
I agree and disagree. I agree that Nasus may not be as strong as we think but i do think he still belongs as top dog

1st. Lets remember that the league WANTED RENEKTON! they wanted the mad godlike creature from another world! What they got instead was a mid combat nasus who was likely in his ult form and enraged with Renekton for what he is doing.

So not only were the summoners suprised because they got the wrong one but he was also pretty darn mad. Instead they got a creature of untold power rampaging through the institute. They were probably a bit shocked! Not to mention this was early in LoL lore sooo...dont know.

2nd. These are more or less a response to ur points. 2 him and renekton were indeed the strongest of their race. One was the protector(renekton) and one was the teacher/librarian(nasus). They were leaders in positions of power because they were put in such influential positions.

3rd. I agree more or less.

4th. Yes the void is definatly waiting. For what is the only question. Brand is frustrating for me. His lore seems soooooooo half assed. This ancient eternal being of destruction and vengence is overpowered by 1 summoner, garen and lux? I call BS.

5th. It is wise not to throw away ur argument by making a trolly joke at the end.

Ask Gangplank

06-11-2012

This thread has been brought up many times, but I still think it is pretty interesting. I'd go for Nasus or Maokai. Why Maokai? He killed the ENTIRE 6 champs on TT. That should do it no? And to those of you talking about 'levels' and 'summoning magic', I don't think the champions would stay in the restrictions/summoners would keep the restictions enabled when a treeant is loose killing the other champs.

TheMeta88

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
And yet, these specific summoners were powerful enough to summon this being of immense strength (and most likely size because he was fighting his brother) as WELL as his brother from a distant planet incredibly far away. Obviously these summoners were weak and unskilled right? Don't make me laugh.

Same strength? He beat the protector of the library AND he is a leader figure. I highly doubt that there are many as strong let alone stronger than Nasus.

Anivia is NOT THAT POWERFUL. NO WHERE in her lore does she say it is, NO WHERE in the game does it show her have that much power, NO WHERE did a red EVER say she was this powerful. ALL SHE IS, IS A PHOENIX. That IS IT.

As for the individual, we want to know the most powerful champion, if they go one on one with each other in a fair fight, the victor should obviously be the stronger (lore wise). Some also factor in armies or political power, but for the most part it's physical/ magical strength.

Brand DID struggle in an interview with the JoJ. None of the void creatures were necessarily bound by powerful summoners, and it is highly unlikely Ashram did it. He has been gone for quite some time and quite frankly you give this summoner too much credit. Is he the best summoner? MAYBE. Is he strong enough to take on Nasus or Brand alone? I highly doubt it.

I'll take this seriously. Even if bloopers were part of the lore and even if they showed some insight as to how a champion works, it's a joke. Throw a tennis ball in combat and he would simply kill you.
1st. Dont be hostile. He was giving his opinion which he has a right too. We are 5 pages strong dont turn it into flaming and trolling now please.

I do not think the summoners were high ranking ones. Yes they are strong and yes they are skilled but when a giant enraged dog is in ur lap all of a sudden instead of the mad crock ur probably gonna **** ur pants. He may not be as strong as u give him credit for.

2nd. Yes he beat renekton. But renekton was mad! Litterally insane! Its not that hard to beat someone who is blinded with rage.

3rd. agree...sort of. elemental beings are strong. Gods? Not likely. But definatly very strong.

Edasich

06-11-2012

Considering that true power is power itself, I think we might have to organize each champion based on who's the best in how much of what type of power he or she possesses. For example...

For arcane power, easily Xerath; even when trapped in his sarcophagus, he still has nearly infinite arcane power at his command.

For divine power, probably Anivia; she's an undying being of pure elemental ice, yet she mostly restrains herself on the Fields of Justice.

For martial power, either Jax or Xin Zhao; both of them have faced impossible odds in the arena alone and won time and again.

For political power, Swain; his rise to power in the Noxian High Command has so far remained backed by everyone in his homeland.

Shall I go on?

TheMeta88

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Gangplank View Post
This thread has been brought up many times, but I still think it is pretty interesting. I'd go for Nasus or Maokai. Why Maokai? He killed the ENTIRE 6 champs on TT. That should do it no? And to those of you talking about 'levels' and 'summoning magic', I don't think the champions would stay in the restrictions/summoners would keep the restictions enabled when a treeant is loose killing the other champs.
You are right and wrong. When Maokai "spawned" it was in the middle of a match. The champions and summoners were busy fighting each other and suddenly a tree starts throwing explosive saplings at you!

Maokai was unrestricted when he "spawned'. That meant all of his power was available where as the other champs were restricted. They were so taken by suprise that the summoners did not have time to unrestrict them.

However it is hinted at some unrestricted champ powers.

Quote:
Kayle appears, shielding the group from death
Kayle unrestricted shielded all 6 of them compared to her in game 1 person.

Is maokai strong yes. but not as strong as you think.

TheMeta88

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edasich View Post
Considering that true power is power itself, I think we might have to organize each champion based on who's the best in how much of what type of power he or she possesses. For example...

For arcane power, easily Xerath; even when trapped in his sarcophagus, he still has nearly infinite arcane power at his command.

For divine power, probably Anivia; she's an undying being of pure elemental ice, yet she mostly restrains herself on the Fields of Justice.

For martial power, either Jax or Xin Zhao; both of them have faced impossible odds in the arena alone and won time and again.

For political power, Swain; his rise to power in the Noxian High Command has so far remained backed by everyone in his homeland.

Shall I go on?
This could work and avoid uneccassary arguements.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Quote:
However, he was also part of a race of animalistic creatures that served as the rulers and protectors of the people. Unfortunately, there were others of his kind that believed they were more than protectors. They were under the egotistical delusion that they had ascended to become gods
Nasus was one among many of his race of powerful beings. I'll repeat it again, he was giving his position due to intelligence, not his brute strength. Even if Nasus was stronger than the others of their race, I don't think it was by all that much. Renekton had gained his power through pure rage, which while strengthening an individual, causes their ability to think and sort things out poor. Nasus easily out-smarted his brother's rageful nature in combat. It also says they had the delusion they were gods. They are not.

Also remember that the Nasus summoning was broken. Renekton was also summoned, and was stuck between the dimensions of time and space and ended up in the sewers of Zaun. Obviously their summoning worked oh so well.

And back to Anivia...

She hasn't shown her power. Ever. She has had no reason to. She's a being of peace, an ancient guardian of the elements who has lived for an eternity. If you read the very last sentence it says the world could end in fire or ice. Anivia's waiting for fire, because she knows she is is THE ONE that would end it by ice, but due to her peaceful and protecting nature, she won't end the world. She's been given no reason to.

On Cho'Gath's front, I believe if I'm reading his lore correctly he is not actually in Valoran in any way shape or form. In fact, Cho'Gath continues to reside in the Void, however a link had been established through many holes in the dimensions between him and the League of Legends. The only way he's actually brought out to the world is by the power of a Nexus and it's ability to bind him as well as all of the other champions at the same time.

The very last line suggests that if Cho'Gath were to grow bored of the League of Legends (His only real experience in Valoran) he could potentially start trashing everything. That, or if he manages to squeeze his way out like Kog'Maw did, he could also start wreaking some havoc with his potentially limitless ability to increase his power by gorging on living things.

EDIT: Fixed the part about Nasus's summoning, was trying to point out Renekton was summoned at the same time, but his transfer to Valoran got botched in the process.

TheMeta88

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
Nasus was one among many of his race of powerful beings. I'll repeat it again, he was giving his position due to intelligence, not his brute strength. Even if Nasus was stronger than the others of their race, I don't think it was by all that much. Renekton had gained his power through pure rage, which while strengthening an individual, causes their ability to think and sort things out poor. Nasus easily out-smarted his brother's rageful nature in combat. It also says they had the delusion they were gods. They are not.

Also remember that the Nasus summoning was broken. He was stuck between the dimensions of time and space and ended up in the sewers of Zaun. Obviously their summoning worked oh so well.

And back to Anivia...

She hasn't shown her power. Ever. She has had no reason to. She's a being of peace, an ancient guardian of the elements who has lived for an eternity. If you read the very last sentence it says the world could end in fire or ice. Anivia's waiting for fire, because she knows she is is THE ONE that would end it by ice, but due to her peaceful and protecting nature, she won't end the world. She's been given no reason to.

On Cho'Gath's front, I believe if I'm reading his lore correctly he is not actually in Valoran in any way shape or form. In fact, Cho'Gath continues to reside in the Void, however a link had been established through many holes in the dimensions between him and the League of Legends. The only way he's actually brought out to the world is by the power of a Nexus and it's ability to bind him as well as all of the other champions at the same time.

The very last line suggests that if Cho'Gath were to grow bored of the League of Legends (His only real experience in Valoran) he could potentially start trashing everything. That, or if he manages to squeeze his way out like Kog'Maw did, he could also start wreaking some havoc with his potentially limitless ability to increase his power by gorging on living things.
The idea that Nasus is super strong comes less from the possibilty of him being a God and more from him constantly around the library with all the knowledge and power. i mean he was a teacher there soooo. He knew his stuff.

I think you mean Renekton not Nasus. Rene was stuck in Zaun. Nasus made it to the institute first.

As far as Anivia. the line you are actually refering to is

Quote:
Some say the world will end in fire, some in ice. Anivia awaits the inevitable latter
that doesnt mean she is going to end the world. She is waiting for its end and hopes that it ends in ice and not fire cause then she would be in her element.

This is practically a blatant disregard of facts on your part. Your responses are becoming a bit too trolly. It would be great if we could keep this civil.

For Cho gath it sounds more like they found a way to summon him to the League and keep him there instead of him being able to walk back in fourth. But the last line implies he just doesn't care and that if he ever got bored he could just do what he wants.

Kog didn't squeeze his way out. He was let out as long as he was watched.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

What I was saying about the Nasus summoning was that it wasn't done correctly and Renekton was put in the sewers, after spending time in a weird dimension.

I don't think Anivia as a grand protector would wait for the world to end in fire just because it would be a different element, I think it's so she's not responsible and can do something about it.

That's hardly a disregard for facts.

Now if you actually read what I said the first time about Cho and Kog, Kog squeezed his way out of Icathia, not the Institute of War. The Institute of War never bound Kog'Maw, they didn't have a reason to as long as he behaves just like all the other champions.

Cho, however, is still in the Void. If his lore is read the way I'm reading his, it says his summoning is strictly to the League of Legends. As in, directly to the field, and then back to the Institute of War. Without the power of a Nexus, such as on the fields of justice, they can't keep Cho'Gath in this dimension.

EpicLotus

06-11-2012

Considering that the most powerfull champion in the league has to have magical powers is just dumb.

You can be able to destroy anyone with only a spell, but assuming you will land the spell for sure is entirelly different.

I see honestly Jax dodging anything anyone trows at him and destroying their skull after.

So it comes to definition really...

A champion that can beat anyone 1 vs 1? Jax>all
A champion that can destroy the world? Cho gath.