Ranked Dodge Vote Idea

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NFG Crayon

06-07-2012

Bump.

Mario TR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-07-2012

Let's say you are in a very good team,your champions are all countering the others and both teams got a good composition.
The other team sees you are stronger and dodges,wouldn't you be sad?
They can dodge even though they don't have a troll or an idiot.
I think voting doesn't make sense,you should be able to dodge but if you dodge a ranked que,your time penalty should be something like 20-40 minutes,so you dodge only if there is a real troll in game.

Or,let's go with your system in a slight diffrent way:
There's a report button near every user in Champ selection and if 3 or 4 player's click the same user's report button,chat log in champ selection is sent to Tribunal,player is accused and game is canceled.
That way you can't dodge without reporting someone,and if you report an innocent person you might get a penalty aand trolls get banned,good for everyone.

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

i like this, i would also like dodged matches make you play with other people...I have had somenoe dodge a game because of other players and then im right back in with the same players, and i know whos ganna pick who on both sides of the teams and there is still conflict...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2193564

Here are my suggestions on this and other things.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

06-11-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

We understand that losing elo from dodging does not make sense. We asked ourselves the question “how is dodging affect one’s skill level”, and we reached the same conclusion that dodging will not make a player better or worse in terms of their skill level. So, a change has been proposed by game design, and it has been implemented by Riot engineering. In the new implementation: ranked dodge will not cause any elo loss, instead some other form of discouragement has been added. This change should be released within a month.

lars614

06-11-2012

there should be a penalty for regular draft mode as well i just got out of a game that i had to wait for over twenty min to play just because people kept dodging this is something that as a whole needs to be delt with otherwise people will stop leveling because they can't get games in and will stop playing

Mirror

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
We understand that losing elo from dodging does not make sense. We asked ourselves the question “how is dodging affect one’s skill level”, and we reached the same conclusion that dodging will not make a player better or worse in terms of their skill level. So, a change has been proposed by game design, and it has been implemented by Riot engineering. In the new implementation: ranked dodge will not cause any elo loss, instead some other form of discouragement has been added. This change should be released within a month.
Immediately had visions of a Riot-branded hammer reaching through my window and conking me on the head any time I click the X at champ select.

DJANGO UNCHAINED

06-11-2012

Quote:
Time to speculate. =P

I bet you guys are gonna do the whole Dota 2 thing where you get queued in with similiar queue dodgers. Which is a good idea.

But thank you for posting this.

Vilecat

06-11-2012

Trolls and AFKs in game >>>>>>> queue dodgers. Smurf accounts shouldn't be the priority when it comes to fixing problems with ranked.

As for the queue dodging part, it'd make more sense to add a timer for requeueing in case someone dodges. That way they can't just join and leave the queue as they please.

YurdleTheTurtle

06-11-2012

Quote:
Good to hear, Riot Lyte said you guys were planning on changing the dodge penalty for ranked games. It's very nice to get an update and to know it's actually coming fairly soon!

I agree it made absolutely no sense to give an Elo penalty since, you know, the player's actual skill is not affected by something as little as this.

Updated my Beginner's Guide to Ranked Games thread to include this sweet info.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

06-11-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Immediately had visions of a Riot-branded hammer reaching through my window and conking me on the head any time I click the X at champ select.
Sounds like "The Wrath of Lyte!" to me.

123456 ... 12