Draven - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skribbles

Associate Writer

06-11-2012
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Good morning (or whichever salutation is appropriate for your time zone) Lore Forums!

I hope you're enjoying Draven, the Glorious Executioner. I'll be stopping in periodically throughout the day to answer any questions you might have about his character and backstory, and you can feel free to let me know your thoughts about him!

Following Harrow's example, I've posted his backstory below.

Unlike his brother Darius, victory in battle was never enough for Draven. He craved recognition, acclaim, and glory. He first sought greatness in the Noxian military, but his flair for the dramatic went severely underappreciated. Thirsting for a method to share ''Draven'' with the world, he turned his attention to the prison system. There he carved out the celebrity he desired by turning the tedious affair of executions into a premiere spectacle.

At Draven's first execution, he shocked onlookers when he ordered the doomed prisoner to run for dear life. Just before the man managed to flee from sight, Draven brought him down with a flawless throw of his axe. Soon, all Draven's executions became a gauntlet through which Noxian prisoners raced for a final chance at life. He used this trial as his own personal stage, and turned executions into a leading form of entertainment. He rallied onlookers into a frenzy, while desperate prisoners scrambled to evade him. They never succeeded. Rejecting the solemn, black uniforms of Noxian executioners Draven donned bright outfits and developed flashy signature moves to distinguish himself. Crowds flocked to see Draven in action, and tales of his performances spread quickly. As his popularity grew, so did his already-inflated ego. He belonged at the center of attention. Before long, the scope of his ambitions outgrew the population of Noxus. He decided that the glorious exploits of Draven should be put on display for the entire world.

“ ‘The best’ is wherever I decide to set the bar each day.” - Draven

Borkcire

06-11-2012

Did Draven ever misjudge the landing spot of an axe and harmed himself trying to catch it?

Even better, did the axe hit him in the head with the handle and make him look like a twit?

Balderdinger

06-11-2012

Thanks a million for your willingness to do this. It's greatly appreciated.

Someone else in this forum has wondered whether or not Graves is the long-lost brother of Darius and Draven ... care to weigh in on that?

Dalton Fury

06-11-2012

Has Draven ever had a love interest but then end up having to kill said person?

darkr3x

06-11-2012

How did Draven come up with the design for the axes he uses?
Why not more typical axes with loops of cloth to get the inertia or more knife-like weapons?

Also, something of a design question--yes, I know wrong place--Was Draven in the pipeline when the Crit Mastery was changed to what it is now or was Draven's crit based passive a reason for the mastery's creation?

Morphogenetics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-11-2012

Does Draven have an outfit or two that he wears a lot for executions or does he prefer to have different outfits to keep things visually interesting?

Redeemed In Fire

06-11-2012

Were there any notable incidents in the military that helped direct Draven towards his current role?

Zerglinator

06-11-2012

Now, the lore says that prisoners have never succeeded in escaping him...

Are we sure he doesn't have a well-kept secret story about the one who got away?

And how is his current relation with his brother? What does Draven think of Swain?

Tisaric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkr3x View Post
How did Draven come up with the design for the axes he uses?
Why not more typical axes with loops of cloth to get the inertia or more knife-like weapons?
I'm pretty sure it' because he does everything for show. Axes with cloth would look bad to him, and a knife-like weapon is too plain for his tastes.

That being said, is there any specific reason he feels like he has to show off? Is there a backstory where his brother gained a higher rank in the Noxian Army earlier than he did, or is it just a matter of his character?

StarkRavenMad

06-11-2012

How did he come to join the League? Was it at Darius's or Swain's request?

12345 ... 9