AD/AP Range Champs...please stop going Glass Cannon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Just because there is a tank on the team doesn't mean they won't focus you down...in fact that's the technique in games, ignore the tank, focus the damage dealing champs.

Tired of seeing people that die within two hits blaming the tanks for them dying when even the idea of a little bit of survivability escapes them.

Remember, "dead damage dealers don't deal damage", if they spot you are the weakest link in a chain they will focus you and proceed to kill the rest of the team.

zionist shill

06-09-2012

I'll remember that next time I'm playing. I'll walk into the middle of the tanky derps to attack the enemy carries. Thanks broham.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
I'll remember that next time I'm playing. I'll walk into the middle of the tanky derps to attack the enemy carries. Thanks broham.
It's the truth though. Just had a Kog AND a Darius who built no Life Steal or armor in a fight against an equally OP AD comp, not even a simple form of health (Frozen Mallet, anyone?) The Kog spent the better of his half running from teamfights and the Darius died in two hits.

Sorry but building around your enemy is more than effective than simply going full glass cannon.

Redeemed In Fire

06-09-2012

Even better is getting an ally to play a full tank so they can, you know, do their job... :P

zionist shill

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
It's the truth though. Just had a Kog AND a Darius who built no Life Steal or armor in a fight against an equally OP AD comp, not even a simple form of health (Frozen Mallet, anyone?) The Kog spent the better of his half running from teamfights and the Darius died in two hits.

Sorry but building around your enemy is more than effective than simply going full glass cannon.

Ok?

That's just bad players being bad players. You're just preaching to the choir here.

GET REKT FGT

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Even better is getting an ally to play a full tank so they can, you know, do their job... :P
Yeah, I don't die and they do, sorry but refer to the original point of them "ignoring the tank" and focusing the squishiest players on the team.

Quote:
That's just bad players being bad players. You're just preaching to the choir here.
Yeah but maybe if they read it here they might think about it since they ignored any advice in the in-game chat (which tends to be very often, a simple "build some MRes/armor" seems to incite them into a fury of rage).

Phourc

06-09-2012

Honestly I'd prefer my carries build carry and then like... be able to kite and ****, I'll definitely save them whenever I can. Tanky derp-built carries are generally significantly weaker than actual tanky derps ):

Helixes

06-09-2012

He isn't saying go tanky derp. If there is an Ad on the enemy team wrecking you, get a single armor item, for example. It won't kill you to get glacial shroud, wardens mail, or thornmail.

GET REKT FGT

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helixes View Post
He isn't saying go tanky derp. If there is an Ad on the enemy team wrecking you, get a single armor item, for example. It won't kill you to get glacial shroud, wardens mail, or thornmail.
Thank you! Someone who finally gets it.

I'm saying if the enemy team is destroying you, at least get something that would allow you to continue carrying or at least stop them from wrecking you and leaving our team at a disadvantage.

If there team is AP heavy, it wouldn't hurt you to build a Maw of Malmortius or something and still continue wrecking face. Hell even a Wit's End, something that allows you to live for more than 3 seconds and still carry. Anything helps instead of going all-out glass cannon.

Redeemed In Fire

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
Yeah, I don't die and they do, sorry but refer to the original point of them "ignoring the tank" and focusing the squishiest players on the team.
You're a tank. Your job is to keep them alive. If they're dying, it's either their fault for standing somewhere wrong (possible) or because you didn't do your job right. Neither case is because they built wrong.