[Tool] Spectate Anyone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarmanuel

06-09-2012

This is really nice. Works perfectly, great job.

Not sure if someone else already did this (I didn't see a post) but I posted this thread on reddit. If you have any issues with that I can take it down.

Evi

06-09-2012

Neat.

This part of the source made me chuckle.

Quote:
/**
* Alias for Thread.sleep to get rid of the try/catch
* @param ms The number of milliseconds to sleep
*/
private void sleep(int ms)
{
try
{
Thread.sleep(ms);
}
catch (InterruptedException e)
{
// Ignored
}
}
Can't count how many times I've done things like that to make Java code a bit less verbose. No Java, I don't care about your stupid exception/ridiculously long class-name/huge chain of boilerplate calls. DWIM!

Jabe

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachh McGuirk View Post
"- If you get the error "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command..." then you need to add Java to the path - http://java.com/en/download/help/path.xml"

I'm getting this error and unable to fix it for some reason. The website is a bit unclear on how to add Java to the path. I can follow it up to the "edit path" part but am uncertain of what to put inside the actual box.
Find the path to where you installed Java and the bin directory there (probably something like C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin)

If you already have a PATH variable add ;path_from_before to the end of it. (replace path_from_before with whatever path you got above, e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin)
If you don't have a PATH variable, add a new variable called PATH and put path_from_before in it.

Sheriff BigBWolf

06-09-2012

confirmed it works. Thanks and bump

zRobbie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Anyone know what happens if you type in a name of someone who's not ingame? Does it just not do anything?

Jabe

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRobbie View Post
Anyone know what happens if you type in a name of someone who's not ingame? Does it just not do anything?
It will just say "Player X is not in a game"

JayneHJKL

06-09-2012

Great tool Jabe. It works perfectly, I just hope that riot never blocks this, because lolreplay probably uses a similar method to record spectator replays.

Oooh a cupcake

06-09-2012

Awesome work as usual!

Cheers from EUW =)

Cipher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-09-2012

I'm here from Reddit to give you upvotes good sir. I don't intend to use myself, but I know your stuff is good.

I don't believe Riot would have an issue with this, I think the ONLY reason they didn't, is because it would cut away from people using Twitch and Own3d to watch their favorite streamers. The websites lose people, and cut their investments in Riot.

On top of that, the "Pros" themselves would lose money, since for most this is their actual job and ads is the only way they make money when they aren't playing in tournaments. I think Riot will let it slide though, because it isn't against any of their rules and since they didn't technically do it themselves they can just shrug when people come complaining to them and just say their hands are tied.

I am curious though, what would happen if I tried to spectate someone in a bot game? I know I can never watch my friend when he plays bots, at least I don't get the option to. Would it just tell me unable to connect, cannot find player, et cetera?

Argothman

06-09-2012

Would it work on mac?

Could it be made to work on mac?