A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wickedsiik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

maybe the flag Carrier should have longer cooldowns on abilitys and slightly less time on debuffs. making it both a advantage and disadvantage to have the flag.

Lasie

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Exactly. But I was just saying the walls directly surrounding the flag area should be too thick to flash through. Once they get out of the cluster-#%&* going on in the middle, then they should be able to jump through the wall. But as I originally said, a Shaco or Shen would just run right through the team fight, then hop over a wall with the flag.
haha I relized that when I went back to read it again.

I was also thinking for arguements sake that the flag should have a spawn time close to the baron timer. also when the flag spawns it is guarded by a large minion that is harder and harder to kill based on which time it spawns. the minion would only spawn if the flag was capped not if the flag was reset. the minion would grant global gold say 150. and then the flag could be stolen. that would promote teamwork in grabbing the flag. also would promote early game laning.

Also (just a thought) also for arguments sake we could debate having it as two flag. IE the flag spawns in the opponents base or just outside it (with vision for the defending team until taken) and the goal would be to take it back to your own base. just a thought.
have fun

Lasie

TeknoWizard

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasie View Post
haha I relized that when I went back to read it again.

I was also thinking for arguements sake that the flag should have a spawn time close to the baron timer. also when the flag spawns it is guarded by a large minion that is harder and harder to kill based on which time it spawns. the minion would only spawn if the flag was capped not if the flag was reset. the minion would grant global gold say 150. and then the flag could be stolen. that would promote teamwork in grabbing the flag. also would promote early game laning.

Also (just a thought) also for arguments sake we could debate having it as two flag. IE the flag spawns in the opponents base or just outside it (with vision for the defending team until taken) and the goal would be to take it back to your own base. just a thought.
have fun

Lasie
I think a Baron level respawn time on the flag would drag out games WAY longer than preferred. I think maybe a respawn time of like a blue buff.

And the minion in the center idea was already brought up, by your's truly no less. The creator said the center should be clear of creeps, and I do say that I agree with him now.

The two flag idea sounds intriguing. Maybe a "super" flag in the enemy base? Have the one in the center, but if you push all the way to the other base, you can grab a flag that's worth even more than the one in the middle?

Verandure

06-08-2012

I think he's talking about the original CTF scenario where both groups grab a flag instead of a neutral flag. If you were to do that; however, you would need a larger team so that you can have both a defensive and offensive unit. Most people would "zerg" (as it is called) at the very beginning and meet up in the middle to fight for the rest of the match. This is the reason I think kills should not give points -- people will just farm in the middle and no flags will be captured.

A "strange" idea on the minions... Maybe have it to where if you dominate the lanes long enough, the minions spawn a super-minion/boss that will push towards the enemy base and attack the nexus directly. (I assume Riot would stay with the Nexus idea and that each flag captured would hurt the enemy nexus by a set amount). Once this "boss" is summoned, the minions all reset and meet back in the middle.

I would definitely make the boss a force to be reckoned with. Probably have it as a Void-creature.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

This is a really good idea! I like the 2 lane concept with a jungle in the middle.

Here are some idea's that hit me instantly when I read your Op.

In the middle of either of the two lanes are dominion style cap points which give 2 distinct buffs, +10% defense and +10% damage. When in the opposing side of the map, you have -10% to damage dealt and you take %10 extra damage, so capping both of these will put your team on the offensive unless someone tries to sneak the flag. You also move 10-15% faster on your side of the map.

I am also thinking you should close off either base a little more so that the jungle is more for ganks and escapes then sneaking up to the flag, and then put a destroy-able tower at the end of each lane to create a short laning phase and semi-protect the flag from either side.

There should probably be a flag debuff as well, such as taking 20% extra damage. That will ensure that the ideal way to get it is to initiate as a team and have your tank get it after downing most of the enemy team, but it also doesn't prevent a fed assasin from stealing it and running back or just any champ for that matter. It could also offer truesight of the enemy with the flag.
Oh, and you lose the movespeed buff on your side of the map with it obviously.

Verandure

06-08-2012

I feel somewhat bad posting this in your thread -- don't want it to seem like I'm stealing your idea, but I've done a quick map to show how I, personally, would do this:

The diamonds indicate the team's nexus. In order to capture the flag, you must take the flag to the OPPOSING team's circular platform (seen behind the nexus). This means that in order to get to the objective, you have to fight through the opponent's minions either from the flag or from the swamp. The Teams spawn directly in front of their respective nexus meaning they can effectively respawn and still defend a capture.

The yellow circles represent neutral monsters that can be killed for gold, the Red monsters represent boss types (Your team can only kill the boss type opposite of your side -- Blue can only kill Purple!) The lightning bolt is a speed buff for the team which is guarded by a strong monster while the silver shield looking symbol represents a health/armor/magic resist buff also guarded by a strong monster.

Minions will spawn from the circular platform behind the flag posts and travel between the gray lines. Because I've chosen this play style, my "boss coming out to fight" idea doesn't work too well. The flag sits in the middle circle which isn't surrounded by any walls, just open -- very visible flatland. When in the water, there is a 10% M.S. debuff and a severe line of sight limitation (You cannot see the tops of the landmasses when in the water. This will make ward placement a must so that a team can set up ganks.

Each "flag" (since it doesn't have to be a flag, per se) will cause the enemy nexus to drop in health. Once a nexus hits 0, that team loses. There will be no points for kills, only captures. As such, the game should take approximately 20 minutes or less to complete and involve very quick leveling.

While carrying the flag, a champion cannot use any movement based abilities including jumps, flashes, speed increases, or pulls. The flag also applies a debuff on the champion which nullifies all movement speed increases other than boots and the speed buff granted during the match. Killing the other team's boss monster will grant a buff, much like Baron, that will simply make winning an easier goal.

There will be a small shop next to the normal item shop that will allow for a team to dump gold in order to upgrade the minions spawned. This will, of course, have a diminishing effect for an exponentially increasing price.

Again: very sorry for using your thread for this -- I take next to no credit for the idea, just trying to articulate what I meant a little better.

HelloooJerry

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasie View Post
I would make is so that abilities cant be used while the flag is held along with a natural slow associated with holding the flag in place of the minion slows. also a way to drop the flag in case of a team fight. maybe carrying the flag can give a slow as well as armor magic resist so that its not impossible to survive with it. you know just incase vayne has to grab it. lol Just some thoughts. also I was thinking maybe two semi seperate jungles. so you can support two junglers since its a two lane 6 player game.

Edit maybe having wards last 30 seconds longer would be nice. seeing as how its a bigger map
^this^ "shen go grab the flag, I'll wait here so you can teleport back."

Enigma Blade

06-09-2012

This is a great Idea and I just have one other suggestion: make it so that the flagbearer can not be stealthed after grabbing the flag. Otherwise an evelyn or twitch would be able to sneak past minions and the enemy team too easily. overall though, GREAT Idea

TeknoWizard

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandure View Post
I feel somewhat bad posting this in your thread -- don't want it to seem like I'm stealing your idea, but I've done a quick map to show how I, personally, would do this:

The diamonds indicate the team's nexus. In order to capture the flag, you must take the flag to the OPPOSING team's circular platform (seen behind the nexus). This means that in order to get to the objective, you have to fight through the opponent's minions either from the flag or from the swamp. The Teams spawn directly in front of their respective nexus meaning they can effectively respawn and still defend a capture.

The yellow circles represent neutral monsters that can be killed for gold, the Red monsters represent boss types (Your team can only kill the boss type opposite of your side -- Blue can only kill Purple!) The lightning bolt is a speed buff for the team which is guarded by a strong monster while the silver shield looking symbol represents a health/armor/magic resist buff also guarded by a strong monster.

Minions will spawn from the circular platform behind the flag posts and travel between the gray lines. Because I've chosen this play style, my "boss coming out to fight" idea doesn't work too well. The flag sits in the middle circle which isn't surrounded by any walls, just open -- very visible flatland. When in the water, there is a 10% M.S. debuff and a severe line of sight limitation (You cannot see the tops of the landmasses when in the water. This will make ward placement a must so that a team can set up ganks.

Each "flag" (since it doesn't have to be a flag, per se) will cause the enemy nexus to drop in health. Once a nexus hits 0, that team loses. There will be no points for kills, only captures. As such, the game should take approximately 20 minutes or less to complete and involve very quick leveling.

While carrying the flag, a champion cannot use any movement based abilities including jumps, flashes, speed increases, or pulls. The flag also applies a debuff on the champion which nullifies all movement speed increases other than boots and the speed buff granted during the match. Killing the other team's boss monster will grant a buff, much like Baron, that will simply make winning an easier goal.

There will be a small shop next to the normal item shop that will allow for a team to dump gold in order to upgrade the minions spawned. This will, of course, have a diminishing effect for an exponentially increasing price.

Again: very sorry for using your thread for this -- I take next to no credit for the idea, just trying to articulate what I meant a little better.
Overall it seems nice, but my only objection is that it seems that it would promote a lot of spawn camping. Seeing as how everything important is in the enemy base, you would just want to sit outside of it, and just kill them while one naturally fast person runs the flag.

Xinnk

06-10-2012

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Maybe some new defensive summoner spells specific to this game type? As well as eliminating other summoner spells such as ghost and flash. And if those do not get eliminated, just have it so if the flag carrier uses those summoner spells they auto drop the flag.