Computer Crashes After Darius/Terrain Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MtDewMe

06-07-2012

Generally every 2-3 games i'll have one where i crash at least once, sometimes twice. Attatched is a picture from Gpu-Z of my nvidia card, my brother runs a, Nvidia GTG 555M on an Asus, and I run an Nvidia 540M on a Dell XPS, and I am the only one getting any problems since the patch of this sort. I get the same problem others do, with the screen lag, then it flashes, sometimes it recovers (rarely lately) and flashes back to LoL and i resume play after about 5 seconds. Now it will flash black, flash back to LoL, then go black again with the buzz and be force reset. It happens on all chars, especially Fizz/Blitzcrank. My computer doesn't run hot, and this is the only game I'm having a problem with, and during LoL the computer definitely doesn't get any hotter than it does with games such as Dungeon Defenders which works. My DxDiag doesn't show my Nvidia gpu's stats because of the way the optimus works. All my driver's have been updated recently, I recently tried reformatting my hard drive (needed to anyway), so I manually installed each driver to the newest version in the past few days, including my Nvidia, which i set as my default graphics card to run LoL. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I'm running Direct X 11, and this has only been a problem starting the Darius patch

Every1HatesMerck

06-07-2012

I'm getting the same issues http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2192207
and I haven't got any response from riot yet..... You would think just a simple, "we are working on this problem now" would be too much to ask for....

MtDewMe

06-07-2012

i also sent an email support ticket to riot, it seems a LOT of people are having the issue

DGAFPoptarts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Same here, +1 and a healthy bump for a red "we're working on it"

MtDewMe

06-07-2012

thanks, we need support. I trying everything, but no answer for any of these kinds of questions

MtDewMe

06-08-2012

/bump

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-08-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It possible that the Optimus technology with your chipset may be changing your graphics card mid-game. This is a problem.

Unfortunately the way you disable optimus is a little different on each machine. It isn't quite standardized yet. Sometimes its a button above your keyboard and other times you must go into your BIOS.

Regardless, try disabling your Optimus technology and see if this resolves your issue. I'd also highly recommend you send in a ticket to player support as they can give you 1-on-1 attention for your problem.

FusedPositron

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
It possible that the Optimus technology with your chipset may be changing your graphics card mid-game. This is a problem.

Unfortunately the way you disable optimus is a little different on each machine. It isn't quite standardized yet. Sometimes its a button above your keyboard and other times you must go into your BIOS.

Regardless, try disabling your Optimus technology and see if this resolves your issue. I'd also highly recommend you send in a ticket to player support as they can give you 1-on-1 attention for your problem.
Also, try checking the NVIDIA control panel. You may be able to tell the driver to stick to the NVIDIA GPU when playing.

MtDewMe

06-12-2012

Optimus is not a a function key, in BIOS, or on nvidia panel....also crashes less frequent on lower quality settings, but still occuring

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-13-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Hi MtDewMe,

Can you give me more information on your specific PC model? I can try to look it up and find a way to disable it. You may also want to contact Dell and ask them. They likely have the instructions already prepared for you.