Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonixxiii View Post
Looking into general item builds, would you say you end up with more/less/same amount of total gold on averave vs SR?
You either end up with way less because it's a 15 minute surrender, or you end up with about the same amount (12-15K) if the game last longer. Purely because there is no baron, less towers, and because the average game length is shorter. Although there is usually more creep score I find.
Ex: On Wukong in a 45 minute Summoner's Rift game, having a KDA of 5, I make about 14K gold.
On Wukong in a 30 minute Twisted Treeline game, having a KDA of 5, I make about 13.5K.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofArcana View Post
any tips what is the best team is for 3v3
Well, if we are in a perfect world where jungle is played by HotShotGG, Bruiser top lane is played by Voyboy, and solo bot lane is played by bigfatip, then I guess some incredibly strong team comps would be:

J: Lee Sin
Top: Riven
Bot: Kennen

J: Mundo
Top: Darius
Bot: Morgana

J: Shyvana
Top: Singed
Bot: AP Janna

Basically any team with Lee Sin, Kennen, Darius, or Singed is automatically good.
But really just try and fit a team comp into the meta and have players who can play the champions well and you will do fine.

Eryn

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones446 View Post
I've been practicing TT with some friends because we are going to play another team for moneys. Anyway, I thought of some questions while playing.
1. We had an ok team and got pwned by a renekton. (our top was garen, which seems awful, but wtvs.) How do you beat a renekton? He seems imba to me.
2. Do you think swain or anivia could go bot?
3. On that note, are there other non-mentioned champs that could go bot?
1) Renekton, the first time I played against ImChumpJohn, even with my Wukong I was **** on by his Renekton. Renekton is really great in Twisted Treeline as he has good sustain, good AoE damage, great tank, an amazing stun, and good mobility.
The way to beat a Renekton is to engange him while his fury is less than 50 (perferably less than 25), and then back off. If his bar goes red do your best to stay away from him for a while and just farm. Renekton's strength goes up in my opinion two fold when he has fury, that is the easiest way to gain the advantage on him.

2) Zacynthos was the best Swain I've ever seen, and with the recent buffs, I think Swain is very Viable. Anivia is also a great solo bot too.

3) Any mage who you are good with and has moderate CC excels bot lane. Preferably tanky ones but that's really your thing.

Eryn

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braur View Post
I vary my champions a lot, but I enjoy using Teemo a great deal. I feel like an aggressive player and it delivers early kills...and deaths for me. My main problem is staying up to date on the battle; I find myself either totally obliterating the enemy team getting multi kills or getting gang banged without much power to defend myself and survive a team fight. Any basic tips on Teemo and how to build him for 3v3s early game to secure a more dominant position?

Also, I see most games end up with melee units focused on maximum damage, armor, and cc skills. Based on my own experiences, any ranged units we encounter we just rip apart with a quick rush and a pile of cc and damage for a quick kill. Any point in playing ranged units and if so, how do you avoid being quickly ripped apart in group fights or 1v1?

Lastly, I end up dying quite a lot when I least want it because I walk into ambushes. Yes, wards, which I am still forcing myself to stop being lazy and set down. I watch out for amassing enemies to try to time when and where they would attack, but sometimes I do get in a situation when they are on to me. The issue from there is how to escape. I try to use flash/ghost and then run through bushes to confuse them, but their cc skills set me back too much and I end up dying. Is there a way to outmaneuver and escape a 1v3. I mean, tanked champs don't even care for the turrets, they just rush me to my base and ignore my team sometimes...

Thanks!

PS: I forgot to mention -.- I am considering buying a few heroes and I would like to hear what you have to say about Fiora, Shen, Lee Sin, Sion, and Ezreal. Which of them are good for newer players and which of them can be devastating when learned to their full capacity? Maybe a little bit about using them too
Build Teemo tanky style, with Frozen Mallet and Wit's End. Make sure you stay up on your CS, and also make sure atleast 1-2 of the enemy teams champions focuses purely on auto attacks (Shyvana, Wukong, most bruisers), because that is who Teemo performs the best against. Madred's is also not a bad item if they are very tanky.

To win 1v1, and avoid dying in group fights, use 'move quick' to kite around when combined with the slow and tankiness from Frozen Mallet. You should be building Teemo with lots of on-hit things, Malady, Wit's End, Madred's, not AD carry style. Your opponents building armor should be their mistake, not yours.

Teemo, even with Frozen Mallet, is often squishy. Use your shrooms in places you think they might walk so that you can keep a general idea of where they are at all times. On top of that, always keep the select places warded (as suggested in one of my responses on I believe page 3).

Don't let Teemo face check bushes, throw a shroom in and quickly back up, or stand invisible outside of it, if their whole team is just waiting there they will fall behind. Generally if they aren't at the places you ward, aren't in vision of creeps / in lane, and haven't hit any of your shrooms, they are where your shrooms aren't. (duh) :P

Your P.S is asking me to tell you about 5 different champions, apart from the original questions about Teemo. On top of that your questions about them relate little to Twisted Treeline. As such I suggest you go to this site to learn about them: http://www.mobafire.com/

Sion, Fiora, and Shen are all decently easy. Ezreal and Lee Sin being a bit harder. They are all insanely good if you learn them well, like most champions in the game. Ezreal is rarely a 3v3 champ, whereas the others are or can be.

Lorthix

06-08-2012

Thanks for your response to my other question, now i'm wonder what you think about Renekton/Galio/Darius comp? My team got lucky last night and they didn't ban a bunch of our favorite TT champs so we ran with this. I was trying to figure out what would be some hard counters to the team and all I could really come up with was Singed, Teemo, and Olaf. Can you see any other issues with that comp? Seems to have a lot of AoE damage for team fights, good dragon/buff control, and decent mobility, but some sustain issues early game.

Light LaserTower

06-08-2012

OP can you explain jungling to me in TT. Where to start and what not?

I will jungle udry/rammus. Also is that a good idea? (I plan to use udyr often and rammus as a counter pick, I should pick up another guy to jungle with? can WW do it well in TT?)

Champlord

06-08-2012

what do you think of AP shaco on twisted treeline, is he at all viable

How about AP yi

ever see these in high elo?

Eryn

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
Thanks for your response to my other question, now i'm wonder what you think about Renekton/Galio/Darius comp? My team got lucky last night and they didn't ban a bunch of our favorite TT champs so we ran with this. I was trying to figure out what would be some hard counters to the team and all I could really come up with was Singed, Teemo, and Olaf. Can you see any other issues with that comp? Seems to have a lot of AoE damage for team fights, good dragon/buff control, and decent mobility, but some sustain issues early game.
It's pretty hard to mess up with a comp with all that CC, AoE damage, and tankiness. So I think it's a good comp. Just make sure that Galio hits his ult right. A good time maybe to use it is when the other team is doing dragon and you bait their team so that dragon keeps hitting them while they hit Galio *while* your team hits them. You can try having renekton jungle and have him start cloth + 5 with heavy armor / health / life regen runes / masteries. Or you can send Darius bottom and Galio + Renekton top.

Eryn

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light LaserTower View Post
OP can you explain jungling to me in TT. Where to start and what not?

I will jungle udry/rammus. Also is that a good idea? (I plan to use udyr often and rammus as a counter pick, I should pick up another guy to jungle with? can WW do it well in TT?)
Jungling in TT requires good runes, the right masteries, the right champions, and the right idea of how to jungle.

In TT you need to be able to kill the jungle quickly without being detrimental to yourself too much. Now that is a lot harder than it seems on twisted treeline, because the mobs are random and hit like trucks.

Udyr and Rammus are good jungles, because they are fast, have good sustain, can do the jungle decently quickly, and their ganks are godly.

My suggestion for your jungle route on any jungle you use would be to start in the bush at your team's middle spawn. Have your team stand there in case the other team invades.
Have the guy who is going top hit the mobs once and run and have the guy who is going bot leave for bot lane before they spawn. Make sure he goes back and around so that he has no chance of being ganked.

Once you have defeated those monsters, go up to your top jungle and hit the one that is closest to your base. Then run around dragon and down to top lane to gank that lane.

JUNGLING
http://imgur.com/LXsXu

Good luck!

Eryn

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champlord View Post
what do you think of AP shaco on twisted treeline, is he at all viable

How about AP yi

ever see these in high elo?
I love AP Shaco. He is so much fun to play. Unfortunately, Shaco has been kind of nerfed into the ground and is only really viable as a jungle. His jack in the boxes not lasting longer really becomes detrimental to how good AP Shaco is.

I used to play AP Shaco every single game of league of legends. Not kidding. The problem I came across was that while I could spam champion kills, I couldn't farm for diddly. As an example, even this far into Season 2 (Normal games) I have 15,000 take downs, and only 80,000 farm. That means that I only had 5 creeps killed per player killed.

So no, I wouldn't suggest playing Shaco or AP yi. I would suggest playing AD yi top and farming like a madman.