Help with Ahri

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NVDax

06-07-2012

Well this is a little embaressing consider the fact that I'm a big Ahri player, and I've never really done BAD with her... With the most recent nerf however, I just cant seem to get around it... According to what was presented I need over eight-hundred ap inorder to get foxfire where it once was... This would seem to me that you'd be FORCED into building glass cannon, instead of rylais, correct? Riot stated something about how if you rushed deathcap you would be rewarded. I'm not finding this entirely true, I can't do ANY of the things I used to be able to do with Ahri, because I'm trying to get my damage back. Plus there is the whole problem about how Blasting wand, and Revolver give more stats then the actual item. How are others adjusting to this, and if so... Could you provide a build/runes that help out with playing Ahri like I used to?
My old build was something like this
1. Sorc shoes
2. Wota
3. Crystal Scypter
4. Rabadons
5. Void Staff
6. Abysall, or zhonya's.

It just doesn't seem to work anymore without sacraficing damage... Help me, please...

Rovert10

06-07-2012

.First off the nerf isn't really much of a nerf when the AP ratios got buffed.
800 AP for original foxfire isn't too big of a deal.

In fact after 450 AP your total burst damage should be greater than before.

The patch was made to discourage the tanky builds and instead go for pure damage aka rabadon's, morellos etc. Not entirely convinced though but I go for morellos and rylais/rabadons 2nd or 3rd. I rarely use WOTA on ahri since her sustain is good enough leaving me to focus on other items unless I face a good harasser.

All in all I think you just rely on foxfire and her ultimate a bit too much. Try playing more carefully due to discouragement of the "tank" build and try poking a lot more with Q and going in when you know you can kill with W and R.

AtomicWaffles

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
.First off the nerf isn't really much of a nerf when the AP ratios got buffed.
800 AP for original foxfire isn't too big of a deal.

In fact after 450 AP your total burst damage should be greater than before.

The patch was made to discourage the tanky builds and instead go for pure damage aka rabadon's, morellos etc. Not entirely convinced though but I go for morellos and rylais/rabadons 2nd or 3rd. I rarely use WOTA on ahri since her sustain is good enough leaving me to focus on other items unless I face a good harasser.

All in all I think you just rely on foxfire and her ultimate a bit too much. Try playing more carefully due to discouragement of the "tank" build and try poking a lot more with Q and going in when you know you can kill with W and R.
You call those ap ratio buffs, lmoa.

acosn

06-08-2012

WOTA is the most over-used item I ever see Ahri build. A hextech revolver isn't a bad idea against some characters, but you never want WOTA before Rabaddon's. WOTA for the benefit of Ahri and only Ahri isn't worth the price of admission.

That's about it. You have the right idea, but I wouldn't hard lock yourself into a Void Rod like that. At the end of the day if you can still kill the carries and non-tank / soak types you're still able to do your job, and in the case of tanks and soaks a DFG is still a better option.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-08-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'm a newish Ahri player, but I've had a lot of success with this build:

-Start boots + 3pots
-2x Doran's Ring
-Sorc Boots
-SITUATIONAL: Hextech Revolver
-Rylai's Crystal Scepter OR Abyssal Scepter
-Will of the Ancients
-SITUATIONAL: Void Staff (if you didn't get Abyssal)
-Deathcap
-Situational 6th slot: Zhonya's Hourglass / Quicksilver Sash

Rylai's is AWESOME on Ahri - she's a fantastic chaser, and her dash-in-dash-out style benefits from some extra HP. Abyssal is great against a stronger AP comp, or to counteract early MR.

I build a Revolver early if I need more lane sustain, usually if the lane is poke-heavy or I'm being out-traded. Otherwise, I just wait until I'm done with Rylai's/Abyssal and get WotA. Wota is great to amplify her natural sustain and recoup the damage she takes when dashing into a pile, and the added benefit to an AP top/jungler is fantastic.

Cap off the build with a Void Staff as needed and Deathcap to max out your AP.

Chevalle

06-08-2012

I've been doing Rylai's, Sorc Shoes, Unholy Grail, Rabadabadingdong's, Void Staff, WOTA/Zhonya's. It's been working really well for me.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
WOTA is the most over-used item I ever see Ahri build. A hextech revolver isn't a bad idea against some characters, but you never want WOTA before Rabaddon's. WOTA for the benefit of Ahri and only Ahri isn't worth the price of admission.

That's about it. You have the right idea, but I wouldn't hard lock yourself into a Void Rod like that. At the end of the day if you can still kill the carries and non-tank / soak types you're still able to do your job, and in the case of tanks and soaks a DFG is still a better option.
Wrong. WOTA is, 99% of the time, an amazing first item for Ahri. You might delay it a bit after the revolver if you need other things, but it's too amazing on her to pass up.