Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonero

06-08-2012

I mainly started playing dominion to get a quick first win since I don't always have much time to play after work, but since then i've really begun to enjoy it and play it quite often. It gives me a chance to play Karma who is actually pretty strong and has lead me to some very interesting matches. Also tanky movespeed janna is a blast and works very well.

I actually feel like playing dominion has made me a better duelist / kiter since I kite and bait very often as Karma usually to make the opponent think i'm running away when really i'm just buying time on cooldowns to turn around and burst them down. I'd say I now play a good balance of SR and Dominion

Robotic Love

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Elite View Post
dominion is okay, but it's not that hard to win. It's all about just moving from node to node Not about getting money and farming.
good dominion players will farm from time to time have you never watched them? If you go for your bot one normally if your smart you will stay bot protect that tower and farm the waves trying to beat the other person while still being able to play aggressive. Simple logic is simple but for your case bad logic is bad

GrignardTS

06-08-2012

I love Dominion, but over time it just killed me that I can't play Orianna.

Oh, and I know I -can- play her. She just is SEVERELY outclassed. Like...bottom of the barrel AP Mage in a mode where AP Mage is already hurting.

And I tried. A lot. Like...every possible item build you can think of that is synergistic with her kit. Hard AP, Support Tank, AS, Hybrid. Either you end up being tanky enough to survive with her short range and provide very little damage for your team or you do damage and every Asn and Tanky Deep with a gap closer rips you in 1/2.

She just needs that level and farm advantage, and she can only get it in SR.

And until Riot supports it more, I'm boycotting it.

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezbake champion View Post
so you want constant action with short games where the real goal is to capture points but everyone just runs around killing each other anyway.

That sounds like some other game that gets released once every year regardless of improvement.
NHL?
(Which is actually supposed to be caps. Stop messing with me, forum.)

Ozbirta

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
I love Dominion, but over time it just killed me that I can't play Orianna.

Oh, and I know I -can- play her. She just is SEVERELY outclassed. Like...bottom of the barrel AP Mage in a mode where AP Mage is already hurting.

And I tried. A lot. Like...every possible item build you can think of that is synergistic with her kit. Either you end up being tanky enough to survive with her short range and provide very little damage for your team or you do damage and every Asn and Tanky Deep with a gap closer rips you in 1/2.

She just needs that level and farm advantage, and she can only get it in SR.

And until Riot supports it more, I'm boycotting it.
I COMPLETELY wrecked as attack speed / AP Orianna on dominion. Berserker greaves, deathcap, malady, Nashor's.

And when I say completely, I mean along the lines of 28-5 with 2200 points. Went full attack speed runes with that build. I urge you to try it.

GrignardTS

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbirta View Post
And when I say completely, I mean along the lines of 28-5 with 2200 points. Went full attack speed runes with that build. I urge you to try it.
I understand that you raped in a game as her, but understand that I tried everything. I have 1600 games in Dominion and around 1800 solo que ELO. About 50 of those games were of me trying to make her work. And this is coming from a on release Orianna player that played through ALL the nerfs and never jumped off the wagon.

I played her AS/AP. Its the best build for her. But it just doesn't cut it. She needs too many stats to be a force in that mode. She needs to build everything. HP, Armor/MR, AP, AS, CDR. Oh god does she need max CDR....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbirta View Post
Berserker greaves, deathcap, malady, Nashor's.
See, with this build, you would just get caught in the jungle and ripped in 1/2. Cap just doesn't cut in on Dom for her. Its so expensive and you have no hp/defense while building it. Wukong/Riven/Poppy/LeBlanc/Jax/(Insert every gap closing asn/tanydeep) will eat you.

You won't get Cap finished, even if you rush it, until ~10-12m. 7m if you are pubstomping, but that's not a case you can count on. and 10m is a long ass time to not have any beef.

I love her with all my heart. She just can't work here. It's so sad. Here is my guide I wrote from my experience though. Take it for what it's worth. It was written about a week after Lulu's release:

http://www.dominatedominion.com/foru...f4680e31bf05de

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

I like the fact there is more than one game mode but I only ever play dominion if I don't have time to play Summoner's Rift.

Redeemed In Fire

06-08-2012

*bump*

Ariaze

06-08-2012

I actually play Dominion way more than SR these days usually because i'm busy IRL and like faster games.

MY ONE BEEF with Dominion is that it seems much harder to win with a bad team.

Actually I wouldn't say that. Heres how I would explain it.

On SR if i'm playing AD bot and my solo lanes are bad and feed very hard in the first 20 minutes, yes its annoying but i've kind of already accepted the loss.

On dominion Its just really frustrating to LITERALLY 3v1 people top lane over and over and lose because my team has 4 bot and can't hold bot 4v2, OUR OWN BOT.

I see this like every game.

For example, a few games ago I had a YORICK that could not hold bot vs the enemy Lux.

Our Wukong had to babysit bot and even with two people bot Lux was somehow pushing the creeps enough to take our bot tower.

Its ridiculous. Meanwhile i'm at windmill killing 3 of the enemy champions while the other two on my team are randomly sitting in a brush in the jungle expecting to jump someone and being useless.

Also its very hard to carry on Dominion as an AD carry.

Jax, Fizz, and Kass are broken as all hell on this map.

Timmeh411

Recruiter

06-08-2012

I play dominions because:
-Get bored of summoner's rift after a while
-Skip the boring laning and farming phase and just start fighting.
-Freedom to roam around without lagging behind in exp
-Shorter games. E.g. for 40 minutes left, might not be able to play a regular game so you play dominions instead.

Cons:
-The moment 1 person is afk on your team, it's most likely you lose.
-Very team comp based. Much like twisted treeline, there is always a tier of champions that seem to dominate every game. Dominion wise, it's usually jax or pantheon.
-A lot of people don't take dominion seriously so they end up doing unusual builds. E.g. AD Kass
-No warmogs. GG Mundo.