Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Me Evelynn

Senior Member

06-07-2012

I like Sejuani but my biggest issue is that as a tank, she has no innate defensive abilities. She's a strong ganker, but lackluster in a teamfight after she fires off her stun and slows. She dies too easily, especially to Warwick, Kog, etc, and anyone who builds Madred's Bloodrazor. I haven't read all 81 pages in this thread but I'm going to throw my suggestion up here - she NEEDS some kind of way to buff her defenses. Maybe an armor/mresist buff when she uses northern winds, or SOMETHING. Just some way to make her a 'tank' innately. Some form of defensive steroid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

06-07-2012
6 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odex View Post
She is such a fun champion to play that it would be a shame to see her skillset removed and reworked.
there isn't any need to worry about that at this point--se'ni certainly could benefit from iteration, but i don't see the need (or desire) to completely change her kit.

as someone else mentioned, when we look at a champion that likely needs more than a small number adjustment, it's really important to us that we preserve the 'core' of what makes that champion enjoyable/endearing to those that actively play them...assuming that the core is a healthy fit for league of legends and its players as a whole. se'ni is a champion that i feel is neither toxic nor unloved, so her current fans should enjoy any kit iterations as much (if not more) as they enjoy her kit now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
there isn't any need to worry about that at this point--se'ni certainly could benefit from iteration, but i don't see the need (or desire) to completely change her kit.

as someone else mentioned, when we look at a champion that likely needs more than a small number adjustment, it's really important to us that we preserve the 'core' of what makes that champion enjoyable/endearing to those that actively play them...assuming that the core is a healthy fit for league of legends and its players as a whole. se'ni is a champion that i feel is neither toxic nor unloved, so her current fans should enjoy any kit iterations as much (if not more) as they enjoy her kit now.
What if her W was a toggle like Amumus? Maybe make scale, from 8 mana to more after 5 seconds of using it. The idea would make her slightly faster (only after 5 seconds), make her come out with slightly more health, and be able to take buff camps easier which is her worst nemesis. Her W costs 40 mana now, so 8 every second for 5 seconds is 40 mana! And maybe make it cost 5 more for every 5 seconds you have it. Her ganks wouldn't see a huge damage buff as ganks are usually over pretty fast, and it would slightly help her in teamfights (as of now there really is no reason to focus her, this would help achieve that goal).

Tl;dr- Make her W a toggle (and scaling mana costs after 5 seconds). She would see a slightly faster and safer jungle, and be able to take down buff camps easier. She wouldn't be blazing fast, nor would her ganks see a huge improvement, and there would be a reason to focus her in teamfights after her CC instead of ignoring her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xReichsfuhrer

Senior Member

06-07-2012

SHE DOES NOT NEED REWORK OR BUFFS? shes good as she is believe me


just because shes underplayed doesnt mean she needs buffed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Uh Nuts View Post
SHE DOES NOT NEED REWORK OR BUFFS? shes good as she is believe me


just because shes underplayed doesnt mean she needs buffed
She is NOT fine. She requires way more farm to be about half as tanky as mummy, armadillo, diver, cow, and so on. She is a jungle tank, with no starting armor/magic resist/health/mana and no steroid of any kind(offensive or defensive).

Yes, she is fun, and brings pretty good utility to the team, but if she goes in alone against 2-4 champions, and missed more than 1, she is focused and blow up, and the other team can then take care of the squishy people at their leisure. Yes, every tank can have that happen, you need your team, but if she does it, she has no "save your ass" move like most have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
She is NOT fine. She requires way more farm to be about half as tanky as mummy, armadillo, diver, cow, and so on. She is a jungle tank, with no starting armor/magic resist/health/mana and no steroid of any kind(offensive or defensive).

Yes, she is fun, and brings pretty good utility to the team, but if she goes in alone against 2-4 champions, and missed more than 1, she is focused and blow up, and the other team can then take care of the squishy people at their leisure. Yes, every tank can have that happen, you need your team, but if she does it, she has no "save your ass" move like most have.
Yep! And people like Amumu and Nautilus have sustained damage (Nautilus W, Amumu W) that make you want to kill them. And let's face it: nearly everyone ganks better than her, even her level 6 ganks are topped by Nautilus, Skarner, Jarvan, etc. She is a slow jungler, unsafe jungler, not the strongest ganker, and doesn't do much in teamfights after her initial CC burst. She needs help!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
there isn't any need to worry about that at this point--se'ni certainly could benefit from iteration, but i don't see the need (or desire) to completely change her kit.

as someone else mentioned, when we look at a champion that likely needs more than a small number adjustment, it's really important to us that we preserve the 'core' of what makes that champion enjoyable/endearing to those that actively play them...assuming that the core is a healthy fit for league of legends and its players as a whole. se'ni is a champion that i feel is neither toxic nor unloved, so her current fans should enjoy any kit iterations as much (if not more) as they enjoy her kit now.

I still say give her base stats a small buff and adjust the way she applies her frost debuff. With just that she becomes way more useable. I did like the suggestion earlier in the thread that her Q can bounce champs not just minions but, that would begin taking her into an overpowered range very easily.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zinwrath

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
there isn't any need to worry about that at this point--se'ni certainly could benefit from iteration, but i don't see the need (or desire) to completely change her kit.

as someone else mentioned, when we look at a champion that likely needs more than a small number adjustment, it's really important to us that we preserve the 'core' of what makes that champion enjoyable/endearing to those that actively play them...assuming that the core is a healthy fit for league of legends and its players as a whole. se'ni is a champion that i feel is neither toxic nor unloved, so her current fans should enjoy any kit iterations as much (if not more) as they enjoy her kit now.
thats good...on that note i've seen maybe 2 sej players in the last month and im' pretty sure both were during free sej weeks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Her Northern Winds (W) needs a change. Imo it should simply apply frost/do more damage. Doesn't really feel good to me as a Sejuani player when my Q, Ult and Auto all deal frost but the W which looks like it would apply frost doesn't.

I'd like to think the rest of her kit is fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

06-08-2012

This needs a bump!