Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D4RK3W0LF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

When in doubt, play Mundo.

x SEM x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Love this thread... been looking for something like this as much as possible. Thank You so much.

My biggest problem is that I can't get a 3man team to play consistently, and I hate that there isn't a Draft mode for non-Ranked. That's the biggest change that needs to happen.

Leonixxiii

06-07-2012

Looking into general item builds, would you say you end up with more/less/same amount of total gold on averave vs SR?

Eryn

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie007 View Post
1) What is your play style with Kennen (champion I'm trying to master). Tanky CC master?

2) Do you go solo bot or duel bot? I find as top he's not good enough to jump into Jungle to take advantage of that lane (could be wrong). Also can't carry as say an AD bruiser with all that farm.

3) How do you actually get high CS in TT with a mage like Kennen? Either I'm splitting the CS with bot and trying to harass the enemy team. Very like I'm always behind in CS. Seems like the only good thing I can do is Press "r" is team fights....which is often enough

Most importantly
4) When to pick him and when not too. Do you want tanker teammates or Assassin teammates?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your time.

(p.s. I go with the setup of 9/0/21 with spellvamp quints).

Go 21/0/9 instead for starters.

Solo bot lane.

Build tanky AP items and WoTA. Rylai's, Hourglass, WoTA. Also build Rabadon's.

Use your high range to last hit minions and use your non-mana costing abilities to harass your opponent when you can.

Kennen is god-tier on 3v3, with insane CC, damage, mobility, and tank. I would always pick him if I had the chance.

Generally you always want tankier teamates. As time and time again it has been showed that a assassins, while dishing out more damage, have no where near enough survivability to win in 3v3

Eryn

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
Hey. My team has a lot of issues jungling in TT, I'm not really sure why, but we've adopted to just do dual laning until one of the ad's has their wriggles. This generally works out fairly well but we do have some issues when the opposing team has a jungler. Do you think sending the two person lane to top instead is an effective way of slowing the jungler and helping against his ganks?
While I strongly suggest using a jungle, if you aren't going to use one you definitely need to have 2 people top lane. That will nerf their top lane, while also making it much harder to gank you (top lane is harder to gank).

Eryn

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepers View Post
I guess my question is similar to Lorthix's (but I'm more noobie ). I was playing some TT with some friends yesterday and we got really frustrated at the games. It seemed like when we started out poorly, we got destroyed (like 20-4 destroyed). When we started out really well, we ended up losing too. And when we started out even, we would always end up losing late game.

It seems like we were getting out CSed in most of the games. We haven't tried having a jungler yet, probably because we're not really sure how to jungle on TT. What kind of route do you suggest? I understand it will probably change depending on what spawn. I saw earlier you mentioned golems -> wolves are ideal, followed by ganking? When jungling, do you get the majority of your CS in the jungle or do you eventually start laning with someone?

Thank you for helping TT noobies like me
My team played probably a total of 16 games and HaoZ and his crew. In those games we lost the first 8 in a row, even if we got a head start at the begining. This game, not just Twisted Treeline, is about gold.Whoever has the most gold will win the game.
If they are ahead on CS then you will loose the game almost always. They also probably got dragon more than your team.

Your jungle route should be to start at your middle spawn, get a leash, then go to your top mini-spawn, and then to go above dragon and behind their top lane for a gank.

The majority of your cs should come from the jungle, but you can also lane when someone dies.

LegionofArcana

06-07-2012

any tips what is the best team is for 3v3

Bones446

06-07-2012

I've been practicing TT with some friends because we are going to play another team for moneys. Anyway, I thought of some questions while playing.
1. We had an ok team and got pwned by a renekton. (our top was garen, which seems awful, but wtvs.) How do you beat a renekton? He seems imba to me.
2. Do you think swain or anivia could go bot?
3. On that note, are there other non-mentioned champs that could go bot?

Braur

06-07-2012

I vary my champions a lot, but I enjoy using Teemo a great deal. I feel like an aggressive player and it delivers early kills...and deaths for me. My main problem is staying up to date on the battle; I find myself either totally obliterating the enemy team getting multi kills or getting gang banged without much power to defend myself and survive a team fight. Any basic tips on Teemo and how to build him for 3v3s early game to secure a more dominant position?

Also, I see most games end up with melee units focused on maximum damage, armor, and cc skills. Based on my own experiences, any ranged units we encounter we just rip apart with a quick rush and a pile of cc and damage for a quick kill. Any point in playing ranged units and if so, how do you avoid being quickly ripped apart in group fights or 1v1?

Lastly, I end up dying quite a lot when I least want it because I walk into ambushes. Yes, wards, which I am still forcing myself to stop being lazy and set down. I watch out for amassing enemies to try to time when and where they would attack, but sometimes I do get in a situation when they are on to me. The issue from there is how to escape. I try to use flash/ghost and then run through bushes to confuse them, but their cc skills set me back too much and I end up dying. Is there a way to outmaneuver and escape a 1v3. I mean, tanked champs don't even care for the turrets, they just rush me to my base and ignore my team sometimes...

Thanks!

PS: I forgot to mention -.- I am considering buying a few heroes and I would like to hear what you have to say about Fiora, Shen, Lee Sin, Sion, and Ezreal. Which of them are good for newer players and which of them can be devastating when learned to their full capacity? Maybe a little bit about using them too

Somedream

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braur View Post
I vary my champions a lot, but I enjoy using Teemo a great deal. I feel like an aggressive player and it delivers early kills...and deaths for me. My main problem is staying up to date on the battle; I find myself either totally obliterating the enemy team getting multi kills or getting gang banged without much power to defend myself and survive a team fight. Any basic tips on Teemo and how to build him for 3v3s early game to secure a more dominant position?
I've also been playing Teemo a loooot lately...Love him!! Those questions apply to me to

I also find I'm ambushed a lot, and almost always die from cc's or focused first in a team fight and die with a few hits.