Riot's E3 Announcement

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-07-2012

What really speaks volumes is that the stealth rework was mismanaged this much to begin with. How could you let it happen? You promised it would just take a few weeks, and months, over a year later, you just... stopped working on it entirely. You made a promise and you spit on it. That's what blows my mind. You truly, honestly, just don't care.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Why do people think that they are entitled to all this content. It is a video game that we play when we are bored or feeling competitive. This isn't your occupation that you have put in years of work and deserve a bonus or to be rewarded. It is a game, that we enjoy playing. Enjoy it as it is and stop complaining for the sake of complaining.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavagePeaches

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
So in two years, with the Twitch ammo system, the Eve gap closer and shapeshifting ult, the red yellow green proximity stealth system, out of all that and out of two years of work, NOTHING was usable, at all? Seems to me you're going out of your way to make this take as long as possible "to do it right", when just throwing Xypherous's stealth rework into the next patch would likely get the very same response.

And before you say testing proved this or that about the Xypherous system, release LeBlanc went through all your testing hoops, and she was the most broken thing since Chernobyl. Why can't you put a rework on the PBE and let us, the people, tell YOU if it's good enough or not? Because in two years, yes, one of those systems you guys threw out WAS perfectly fine. Nobody can be incompetent enough to not have one good idea in this amount of time. Not even the people who balanced LeBlanc.
As he said, is it fun? Most of the ideas they threw out had too many down sides and "anti-fun" factors to it. I'm all for the stealth rework, but i'd rather them take 5 years and have it be well worth-while than for them to rush it and for it to be complete **** because of whiners.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DatViscy

Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decerux View Post
Dare I say this .-.



What about Magma chamber? has it been all together abandoned or is there still a bit of hope left?
please read the millions of posts about how magma chamber became dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePeaches View Post
As he said, is it fun? Most of the ideas they threw out had too many down sides and "anti-fun" factors to it. I'm all for the stealth rework, but i'd rather them take 5 years and have it be well worth-while than for them to rush it and for it to be complete **** because of whiners.
As I said, PBE it. A few guys on a balance team say it's not fun? Let US decide that. If nothing else, it'd show us that Riot actually is doing anything at all. And like I said, Riot isn't always right about fun and balance. LeBlanc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BardsmanGob

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
it takes 9 months to give birth to a child - creative and design is similar.
So what you're saying is that PFE will take about 3 more months. Got it. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavagePeaches

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
As I said, PBE it. A few guys on a balance team say it's not fun? Let US decide that. If nothing else, it'd show us that Riot actually is doing anything at all. And like I said, Riot isn't always right about fun and balance. LeBlanc.
You can tell if something is fun or not from discussing it. I've read some of the ideas that people have shot at Morello and the other reds. They all sound terribly boring, one-sided, or just plain stupid. Riot has very intelligent people on the balance team that have done a great job. Why not trust them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePeaches View Post
You can tell if something is fun or not from discussing it. I've read some of the ideas that people have shot at Morello and the other reds. They all sound terribly boring, one-sided, or just plain stupid. Riot has very intelligent people on the balance team that have done a great job. Why not trust them?
Because they've been mismanaging and disregarding a promise for the past two years? A man's word is the first thing to go and the last thing to return. Riot lost theirs when "a few weeks" turned into two years.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acesoflife

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Hey morrelo is it safe to say that PFE will most likely com out next week on the 100th champion patch?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

06-07-2012
11 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittor View Post
I get what you're trying to say but I do think there is a middle ground between minute-to-minute coverage of a project and total radio silence. I think a majority of people would be happy with something like a thread that only Reds can post in for a particular topic, but it's update every week with just what has been going on. I don't know if I'm actually expressing this right but let's take PFE for example:

Just a thread in the Announcement section updated by people intimately familar with the project. Every week someone from the team takes 5 to 10 minutes to post what's currently going on:

"Week 15 : Finally got some of the particle bugs sorted out, but his W is causing weird lag/game crashes. Trying to figure that out now while refining movement animations"

"Week 16: W causing the game to crash is fixed. Nowever his Ult now inexplicably causes a large Teemo head to shoot through the map instead of a laser. Here's a quick video link to show what I mean"

"Week 17: No real exciting updates, just more polishing and brainstorming. "

I'll agree that this community has an issue with any change made on anything. But the reason people get upset over this stuff is because there are large gaps in time where nothing is said only to finally get an update of "Nothing has changed". As players we can't help but think as our first instinct "WTH have they been doing this entire time?!" Getting regular updates helps the sting of a set back because yea, it sucks to have to wait even longer for something, but at least we have a general idea why and there is proof there is active work being done.
This is fair, but we still have to be careful with this - if everyone wanted to have a reasonable dialog or it was a smaller group, this approach would be sucessful, I agree.

I'm going to burn for this, but WTH....

I can say I have "signed off" on the design of it, but particle/anims/production has to still be done. The design is in numbers tweaking, but mostly it's about making it read well. I think they're both fun, but the "jump out from invisible and own you" is, as designed, gone on Eve. That element is what made us do this in the first place.

I have a feeling this will come back to haunt me even if it gets released when I want it to. I will be giving a detailed look when it's 99% locked (still a few details to make sure we test more).