[Guide] statikk's Take on Kassadin the Voidwalker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

08-13-2010

been toying around with Doran's Shield and it worked quite nice

Also, I'm thinking of going with mp5/lvl Glyphs along with Seals, to make up for a loss on that ring, instead of CDR. What's your opinion on that? :>

Drama I Queen

08-14-2010

I just bought Kassadin so I'm going to start trying him as well. Doran's shield is just better on heros that close range because of constant harass. Like when I'm playing a hero like Janna I get Ring though since I have enough range and move speed to stay out of range.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

08-14-2010
38 of 46 Riot Posts

Like I said I think Doran's Ring is do-able but it's risky and I would never recommend it for a less experienced player.

Marlmos

08-20-2010

finally i see someone not flaing about kassadin.

hes my main also
my first item usually is manacrystal to survive and farm well till lvl6. usually i bluepill then, getting meijas, going around and try to gank.
then i do RoA, zhyonas, rylais.
atfer that, either a lichbane or GA (RARELY cames take that long)

Deaths Envoy

08-20-2010

Statikk since you're part of riot now, any chance you can try to push some tweak ideas for kassadin? I saw the magic resist per level which is a start in the right direction because as of currently, all champions who gain magic/level end up having about the same magic resist as kassadin mid-late game so it made his passive somewhat pointless and only was better when they had enough magic pen to get past his normal magic resist. As much as I don't like the armor from his W, id rather see kassadin get changed elsewhere such as getting a bit more base mana and a better passive besides attack speed when hit by spells. maybe mana/ap when hit by spells? another idea i toyed with was he gained magic resist as he got hit by spells which would stack/increase and would make him a better against burst casters and would make him an awesome anti-mage.

Fenom

08-20-2010

bad build imo

ManiacChicken

08-20-2010

I don't think I'd play anything else besides Kass. So fun to play and so easy to get double and triple kills. I've only been able to get one quad kill and missed the penta by like a split second when i landed a rift but akali killed him

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2010

You are going to need to change the title of this thread to: A Riot Intern's take...
Did you move to So.Cal?

NessOnett

08-20-2010

Well when I first looked at this thread I thought to myself: "but I'm gonna miss my tear ." But I like to try as many ideas as I can in an effort to improve, and am far happier without it.

I took it a little differently, and I need to ask what your views are on the double catalyst build?(starting with 2 catalysts after your doran/boots to build into RoA/Banshee's respectively). I see it often on Nunus, but tried it on Kass and seemed to work wonders. Any experience/thoughts on it?

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

08-20-2010
39 of 46 Riot Posts

@ Marlmos

Your build sounds pretty solid.

@ DeathsEnvoy

I personally don't feel Kassadin needs buffs. I guess he could use some tweaks so that hybrid builds are more viable but he seems pretty solid right now. Maybe not the best but certainly not the worst.

@ Fenom

What precisely do you think is "bad" about my build? How do you build Kassadin and why do you do so? I've already explained my perspective. "bad build imo" is not really useful feedback for anyone and I'm interested in your reasoning.

@ ManiacChicken

Sounds like you're having both fun and success. Very nice, high five!

@ nicosharp

Yeah I graduated from UC Berkeley this Spring and so I moved back home and am now enjoying my time at Riot. I may not have a purple avatar anymore but I defintiely still have a personal investment in the Council.

@ NessOnett

Double Catalyst doesn't seem like an awful idea but I like to build Rod of Ages early on if possible since it needs time to build up. If it works for you, I would say keep trying it until you find an alternative. I think it's definitely okay if you plan on building RoA/Banshee's.