What should Riot do about Free Champion Week

Keep the Free Week Champion count at 10 2,455 26.88%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 15 3,161 34.61%
Change the Free Week Champion count to 20 955 10.46%
Change the Free Week Champion count to something 20+ 398 4.36%
Make all 450s free permanently, in addition to the current Free Champion Week System 3,730 40.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9134. You may not vote on this poll

Revising the Free Champion Week Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorryza

06-05-2012

@dreamwalkerLin: Then if they're always free, Riot doesn't put them on the champ rotation anymore, leaving you with more expensive, harder champions free every week.

solonash

06-05-2012

Yeah, this sounds logical. As a new player, if the free week doesn't have the champs you want to play it can be a bit boring and unfun. Increasing the number of champs available will help alot since it would more likely include the champs you want to play, thus making the process of grinding ip/xp much more rewarding.

Also, anyone who is serious about the game will want to try out every champ at least once. When that time comes, it can be extremely difficult if a champ is not in rotation due to the small pool. We're then left with only two options: a) buy the champ with ip or b) buy the champ with rp
For most players spending ip on a champ just to be able to try them is way too much effort esp. with the current rune and champion prices. We'd much rather spend it on the champs we actually want to play or runes instead.

Guitargod4321

06-05-2012

I voted for 15 champs which seems reasonable but I would be happy with them giving everyone the 450 ip champions for free and maybe bringing some of the next tiers up down in price eventually they are going to have to do an overhaul of ip prices with so many 6300 champions and a new one every couple of weeks. I expect they are planning some adjustment to their business model or else the game will eventually die out.

Dorryza

06-05-2012

@Solonash: And it would make grinding more fun, seeing as you have a greater chance of more 'fun' champs to play.

And geez, there have just been some champions that haven't been free in forever. That's bad. I mean, I got into maining bird because she was free one week, I tried her out, and I really liked her. I wouldn't have ever tried her if she was never free. This Free Champ week is a great idea, I just want to make it better.

Although, we can't do too much. Riot needs us to buy champions with RP, so they can make money. The game doesn't maintain itself you know.

@Guitargod: there's multiple vote option for a reason =P
Also, yeah, there need to be some price reductions for this game to remain competative, but that's an entirely different discussion. Lets fix the Champ Free Week issues, then worry about price reductions. But, don't be disappointed if that doesn't happen. We can't get too greedy now can we?

-Dorryza

Dorryza

06-05-2012

Grargh, Bump because GD moves too D@mn fast -_-

Dorryza

06-05-2012

Why is there no other feedback? =\

Dorryza

06-05-2012

le bump, for le change!

LitterBug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

lul for the people that don't play ranked.

no need to ever buy champs?
make 450 free all the time, who would buy them?
trolololol

FIREL4KE

06-05-2012

Keep it how it is.

More money gets spent on unlocking champs = more money for Riot = more content!

Unholyrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

I don't think it's that we need more champs on rotation at a time, but we need more variety each week.

So many champions pop up week after week, while others haven't been seen in almost a year.