@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luckybed

06-02-2012

I am a huge fan of Urgot. Honestly, he is outclassed. But his is outclassed because bruiser ranged AD is a niche that fulfills AD and bruiser. He does not excel in either category. However, nerfing one role tremendously nerfs his whole kit.

And the odd thing about Urgot is that he is not a pain to play against. He is a perfectly fine and awesome champion.

Urgot has no sustain, his shield is used for the slow, and his ult places the AD RANGED CHAMPION into the middle of the enemy team. Also, his acid hunter does not apply on hit affects so his main damage source does not allow him to lifesteal. He is innately tanky because he does not have the DPS to benefit from lifesteal, and lifesteal is highly important for ranged AD because lifesteal is the sustain for ranged AD champions.

Luckybed

06-02-2012

Also, why nerf an unpopular champion. He is already super difficult to play.

There was a 2 week period where he was banned in competitive play. Morgana, Shaco, Shen, etc have been on the banning list for months. Why is Urgot receiving the nerfs again?
Pain to lane against? Not really. His harass comes at high mana costs.
Pain to kill? After ult, count to 5 seconds. And you can do this because it takes Urgot longer than 5 seconds to kill you.
Snowballing? Ok. But for some odd reason, 30 minutes into the game, he stops being strong.

Why, Riot, why?

AbominableToast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Riot doesn't like him. There is obvious favoritism, Riot likes Ryze/Trynd because they are namesakes of the company, Riot likes Morgana and Shaco, hence they are never really nerfed.

Rebel Scum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybed View Post
I am a huge fan of Urgot. Honestly, he is outclassed. But his is outclassed because bruiser ranged AD is a niche that fulfills AD and bruiser. He does not excel in either category. However, nerfing one role tremendously nerfs his whole kit.

And the odd thing about Urgot is that he is not a pain to play against. He is a perfectly fine and awesome champion.

Urgot has no sustain, his shield is used for the slow, and his ult places the AD RANGED CHAMPION into the middle of the enemy team. Also, his acid hunter does not apply on hit affects so his main damage source does not allow him to lifesteal. He is innately tanky because he does not have the DPS to benefit from lifesteal, and lifesteal is highly important for ranged AD because lifesteal is the sustain for ranged AD champions.
Exactly. And since he's so mana dependent he has to build like ryze. manamune + frozen heart etc. occasionally a tforce if you want

Rebel Scum

06-02-2012

bump

Rebel Scum

06-02-2012

Lets get some red discussion on this topic. Honestly i'm surprised theres not more community out rage from these nerfs.

LBDORRITO

Senior Recruiter

06-02-2012

Urgot scales horribly, one of the few reasons he is chosen is because of that early game strength. All they did was hurt his late game survivability.

Torinux

06-02-2012

Riot like to nerf decent champs, champs that noobs and even not that noob players don't know how to deal with EVE/URGOT/insert other champ here.

The way Riot seems to deal with whinning is "let's nerf them so no body use them and let's give a big arse BOGUS explanation why we nerfing" PERIOD.

milo0o

06-02-2012

OP you speak the truth. I played urgot for a bit and even though he is tanky, he is still very mana dependent early game (Pre-manamune of course). He is almost like a support, that does a decent, though not a ton, amount of damage to be honest. His utility fits with just about any meta. I hope the shield nerf isn't that hardcore though. Most Riot nerfs are just like "We reduced the shield from 80/blah/derp/herp to 70/herp/derp/sherpa sherpa." So it's probably not that severe.

Edit: Try playing WoW, those are real nerfs. lol

Rebel Scum

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TÝm‚h‚wk View Post
OP you speak the truth. I played urgot for a bit and even though he is tanky, he is still very mana dependent early game (Pre-manamune of course). He is almost like a support, that does a decent, though not a ton, amount of damage to be honest. His utility fits with just about any meta. I hope the shield nerf isn't that hardcore though. Most Riot nerfs are just like "We reduced the shield from 80/blah/derp/herp to 70/herp/derp/sherpa sherpa." So it's probably not that severe.

Edit: Try playing WoW, those are real nerfs. lol

Yea, we don't know how bad the nerfs are yet, but that doesn't mean they're justified. All we can do is that they arent very harsh.

And yes I have played wow, but to be fair, wow is arguably much harder to balance than lol is. Meaning a much higher chance for things to be dramatically more op than like so in here.