A itty bitty teeny request?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azunyan

07-27-2009

One thing I really enjoyed about DotA All-stars is that, even though they were WC3's voices, clicking your hero several times would result in "annoyed" quotes that often ended up being hilarious, witty, or overall humorous.

Do you think we could have some similar character interaction in LoL? The thing I'm thinking is maybe they could even be built in to trigger on some events like your champion killing a bunch of heroes: after the tournament voice finishes, a brief pause occurs, and your selected champion could say something witty or funny such as Veigar going on about how size doesn't matter when you've got infinite knowledge. Or Annie saying in her cute, evil voice how much fun it was playing with the people she killed!

I really enjoy it when you can interact in the characters in such a way. They also did something similar in Team Fortress 2 where the in-game characters really love to interact in all sorts of ways and it makes for some splendid moments of gaming.

EDIT: If there's a situation where multiple characters are 'owning' or somesuch, maybe add in a pause between each character's line so they don't get mushed up into one jumble of voices!

Jakula

07-29-2009

I have to agree, I always liked this about units in WC3.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

07-29-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Currently, almost all the audio that is in the game is placeholder. The Champion voices are by no means finalized, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot of improvements as the beta advances. I don't know if 'annoyed' sounds in particular are planned.

Bear in mind that you have the ability to invoke emotes not available in War 3, as well. Try typing /taunt or /dance into chat. You won't see that in War 3.

OneSilverBullet

07-29-2009

Hi there - to be clear, *some* of the audio in the game is placeholder, some is not. I wouldn't suggest 'almost all' of the audio in the game is placeholder - although I'm only mentioning this to avoid misunderstanding.

The awesome stuff is staying

Azunyan

08-04-2009

Thank you for the responses! I'm much more informed now thanks to them!