Bring Us Your Songs for Songs of the Summoned III: Champion Rocks!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

06-01-2012
13 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshEfNKetchum View Post
When you say it has to sound distinctly League of Legends themed, what dictates that? Would have to sound like something that would go on the login screen? Because I think would be limiting to very heavy brass, ambient percussion, rhythmic strings, that sort of thing; which little room left for slower songs with emotional swelling and lighter instrumentation like piano ballads. Yes, most of the characters have fierce backgrounds but I think some would be more complimented by gentler and more mystic themes.
The question is, if a League of Legends player heard your song, would they be able to tell it's based on a LoL champion?

The easiest way to fix that problem is to add vocals and lyrics, but there's room for adding champion voices, spell effects, or even partially working existing LoL melodies into your piece.

Dark Djiin Artie

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshEfNKetchum View Post
When you say it has to sound distinctly League of Legends themed, what dictates that? Would have to sound like something that would go on the login screen? Because I think would be limiting to very heavy brass, ambient percussion, rhythmic strings, that sort of thing; which little room left for slower songs with emotional swelling and lighter instrumentation like piano ballads. Yes, most of the characters have fierce backgrounds but I think some would be more complimented by gentler and more mystic themes.
I don't know... I can see plenty of musical ideas and expressions within most of the characters. Plus, some champs like Ahri or Lee Sin, have some ethnic flair in them. It really isn't hard to find some ideas... Then again, I'm a music major and what not... Who really likes to study music of films and things...

AshEfNKetchum

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
The question is, if a League of Legends player heard your song, would they be able to tell it's based on a LoL champion?

The easiest way to fix that problem is to add vocals and lyrics, but there's room for adding champion voices, spell effects, or even partially working existing LoL melodies into your piece.

Thanks! That helps a lot.

QuariYune

06-01-2012

is the song allowed to be fully instrumental? I.e. no lyrics

Risemix

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post

Hi, I'm sorry to ask again...

I'm an American, but I live in Portugal. Portugal isn't on the list of eligible countries, and is actually one of the few countries in the EU that isn't on the list.

Can I enter if I have an American address (like my parents' house)? lol

Badministrator

06-01-2012

Soooo, does this have to be a rock song? The rules are very strangely written.

LordNephets

06-01-2012

inb4 this is a stupid question.

Does this mean it has to contain guitar parts?

Cest MADNESS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

Question...is it not allowed to write a song and someone else sing it? Idk if it can only be 1 person or what. I can write songs but suck at singing.

PeteyPiranha

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkngoose View Post
From the official rules: "IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA OR MASSACHUSETTS ... YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE."

Why are people from Arizona and Massachusetts banned from competing??
because Riot is State...ist???

Lickii

06-01-2012

Wonder what theyll come up with... Big fan of that Teemo rap