Draven, the Glorious Executioner Revealed!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volty View Post
Everyone can see. It was just more fun for everyone that way.

The visual effect shown to the Draven player is more obvious than what we show to everyone else though.
Does the indicator avoid areas where Draven can't reach it? like, let say you are in lane and there is a cluster of minions where you cant move in, would the indicator avoid those areas?

ihatebikeshorts

06-01-2012

Quote:
Limit to 2 hits per target, once on the way out, once on the way back.
What if you do a long distance ult, it hits the enemy twice, and then the enemy teleports to like right next to you before it comes back?
In other words:
Ult goes out across the map, hits, starts coming back, hits, enemy hit twice teleports to a location close to you and is in the line of the ult to be hit again? Maybe I should draw a picture cause I suck with words xD

ihatebikeshorts

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Does the indicator avoid areas where Draven can't reach it? like, let say you are in lane and there is a cluster of minions where you cant move in, would the indicator avoid those areas?
When I played him in the PBE it -kind of- does. If you can't reach it by way of terrain or a cluster of minions it won't be DIRECTLY on an area you can't reach, but there remains the possibility of the area available to catch the axe being about halfed because the other half is on terrain that you can't access. It's not that big of a deal though as the axe falls tend to not completely BS you in terms of "can you catch this". If I missed an axe fall it was because I didn't react in time.

Stelio Contoss

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
What if you do a long distance ult, it hits the enemy twice, and then the enemy teleports to like right next to you before it comes back?
In other words:
Ult goes out across the map, hits, starts coming back, hits, enemy hit twice teleports to a location close to you and is in the line of the ult to be hit again? Maybe I should draw a picture cause I suck with words xD
It functions just liked ezreal ult, if ez were to ult someone and they flash or teleport back into its path it wont deal damage again. Basically the ult checks if it has already hit a target the maximum amount of times before it deals its damage

Stelio Contoss

06-01-2012

I was really excited upon first reading his Q and assuming it reset the auto attack timer. I thought that would be a really interesting way to have a high skill cap for damage output (catching them already does but this more so) but apparently it doesnt reset your auto. Was their ever time during development that his q functioned that way? and if so why did you decide to change it?

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-01-2012

Quote:
I'll probably spell out the Q bounce algorithm a little later on, perhaps after the champion spotlight.

In any case, it is designed to let you have some control over where the axes will fall.

The ult is global range yes, it keeps going until it strikes a champion, the map edge, or you call it back.
I can give a little spoiler from my experience with Draven.

They bounce based on your last few seconds of movement calculated to where you'd be in a few seconds after -- let me explain in more detail. Say you're running after an enemy Champion with 400 ms, then the spot to catch the axe will be 400 units or so in front of you; if you continued chasing the enemy at your current speed that's where you'd end up to catch the axe. Similarly, if you're running to the right, the axe should bounce X units to your right. If you stand still the attack bounces directly back onto you for the first attack, then slightly to the right or left for the second bounce (unsure how it determines right or left). If you run to pick up the axe at the last second from a standing still throw, it will then continue in the same direction you ran. However, if you run to the spot immediately, then stop movement, it will bounce directly back on to of you for 1 more attack. Pretty convoluted from my initial tests, but it works fairly well once you get the hang of it.

Something else to remember is that the attack timer to use your axe throw rests every time you hit a building (and does not throw the axe), so you can use this to queue up two spinning axes.

Note: Draven is one of the most fun Champions I've ever played in League, even though his Q kind of feels like a tacked on mini-game. Most fun I've had since Ziggs's bouncing bomb mechanism. Draven is simply fun!

Æoelwulf

06-01-2012

has anyone noticed that drag is in barons house?

FrostAU

06-01-2012

This is going to be so silly yet awesome at the same time, finally a gimmicky champ I can see myself enjoying

Morello

Lead Designer

06-01-2012
23 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfauxx View Post
Can you tell us who his VA is? Please?? It sounds like Steven Blum (AKa TOM or Spike Spiegal)

I love that guys VA, I really hope it is!
I forget who it is, but it's not Steve Blum (though he's a cool guy to work with!). I do like his work, myself.

An Exile

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I forget who it is, but it's not Steve Blum (though he's a cool guy to work with!). I do like his work, myself.
Draven VA sounds kinda like the guy who did Jax. I heard him say " Lets do this " and was like wait... that sounded almost exactly like when Jax says that. Not sure if they're the same or not.