The Tribunal: The First Year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aloretec

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We actually have this data recorded, we have been heavily investigating queue dodges and the reason for queue dodges lately.
Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed an increase in the number of troll heavy games. This has been especially true in ranked over the last I'd say month.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Lyte, I know at some point you or another red responded to people asking for the ability to report a player while using Tribunal (reporting a toxic player who is not the reported player in a given case) by saying that most likely, those players are already reported themselves. I just have a couple questions about that:

1. If the player is being extremely toxic (for example, telling teammates to kill themselves and/or using rampant sexual or racial slurs) would it be okay for me to send in a Support ticket with the Tribunal case number, to get that player looked at more quickly? Or should we just let Tribunal run its course? (That brings up the larger question of just when and under what circumstances it's acceptable to send a support ticket in about a certain player's toxic behavior, but I'm not even sure how to ask about that)

2. Would it be possible to implement a feature in the Tribunal to show if other players in the games we review were also reported? I know I personally feel very concerned whenever I see a game where another person is being extremely toxic, because I don't know if they were reported. Even just a little symbol next to their name would put me much more at ease while looking over the games.

Rammblin43

05-31-2012

Quote:
We actually have this data recorded, we have been heavily investigating queue dodges and the reason for queue dodges lately.
Back in my trolling days I used to spam champ select chat with stuff like "im feeding enjoy your loss" even though I had no intention of actually feeding. Quite a few people actually dodged because of that.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-31-2012
48 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
Lyte, I know at some point you or another red responded to people asking for the ability to report a player while using Tribunal (reporting a toxic player who is not the reported player in a given case) by saying that most likely, those players are already reported themselves. I just have a couple questions about that:

1. If the player is being extremely toxic (for example, telling teammates to kill themselves and/or using rampant sexual or racial slurs) would it be okay for me to send in a Support ticket with the Tribunal case number, to get that player looked at more quickly? Or should we just let Tribunal run its course? (That brings up the larger question of just when and under what circumstances it's acceptable to send a support ticket in about a certain player's toxic behavior, but I'm not even sure how to ask about that)

2. Would it be possible to implement a feature in the Tribunal to show if other players in the games we review were also reported? I know I personally feel very concerned whenever I see a game where another person is being extremely toxic, because I don't know if they were reported. Even just a little symbol next to their name would put me much more at ease while looking over the games.
For #1, I generally would say that if someone is absolutely the most toxic player you have ever seen to please send some screenshots of the behavior directly to Player Support. For example, repeated spamming of racial slurs, death threats, or anything this severe should be immediately handled by us. However, I would keep this bar very high because sending in a ton of tickets of moderate to moderate-high toxicity will slow down the process overall.

For #2, this is an interesting idea. I'll talk to RiotAaronMike and the team to see how difficult this would be, and do some analyses on what kind of value it would provide.

Solari Brigadier

05-31-2012

Quote:
For #1, I generally would say that if someone is absolutely the most toxic player you have ever seen to please send some screenshots of the behavior directly to Player Support. For example, repeated spamming of racial slurs, death threats, or anything this severe should be immediately handled by us. However, I would keep this bar very high because sending in a ton of tickets of moderate to moderate-high toxicity will slow down the process overall.

For #2, this is an interesting idea. I'll talk to RiotAaronMike and the team to see how difficult this would be, and do some analyses on what kind of value it would provide.
For 1, I definitely understand that you don't want to be inundated with tickets, but it's good to know that it's an option I and other summoners have in cases that warrant immediate action.

For 2, this is something that's been biting at me for a while. I know I see fairly often in the Tribunal forums people who ask for the ability to report players from inside the Tribunal, but I also understand why that's unfeasible or, to be blunt, overkill (if there are >30 judges per case, having even 50% of them report the same player for one game is indeed overkill). I think that being able to know a player was reported would go a long way to easing the minds of judges in the Tribunal, because for as much as those of us who use Tribunal care about its effectiveness, it's hard not to be a little worried that perhaps this player slipped through a crack.

Deionychus

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
For 1, I definitely understand that you don't want to be inundated with tickets, but it's good to know that it's an option I and other summoners have in cases that warrant immediate action.

For 2, this is something that's been biting at me for a while. I know I see fairly often in the Tribunal forums people who ask for the ability to report players from inside the Tribunal, but I also understand why that's unfeasible or, to be blunt, overkill (if there are >30 judges per case, having even 50% of them report the same player for one game is indeed overkill). I think that being able to know a player was reported would go a long way to easing the minds of judges in the Tribunal, because for as much as those of us who use Tribunal care about its effectiveness, it's hard not to be a little worried that perhaps this player slipped through a crack.
And putting the two together, if you happened to review a case and saw that someone was exhibiting the extremely toxic behaviors Lyte mentioned and somehow wasn't reported, you could take screenshots and send them into support.

Campeen

05-31-2012

How about the summoner level in the tribunal info too? I usually check in LoL, but sometimes I don't have that open and it'd just be so convenient. I've been seeing games where level 5-10 players would get reported for not doing well, and I think that that's understandable but only in such cases.

AtriustheGod

Senior Recruiter

05-31-2012

Quote:
How about the summoner level in the tribunal info too? I usually check in LoL, but sometimes I don't have that open and it'd just be so convenient. I've been seeing games where level 5-10 players would get reported for not doing well, and I think that that's understandable but only in such cases.
Playing poorly is not a bannable offense at any summoner level, in any game mode. So summoner level is irrelevant if you are using it to determine if a player should be banned because they have a negative score. Players can only be banned for intentional feeding, that is deliberately handing the enemy team kills in order to throw the game. Skill level, or lack there of, is not a reason to get banned.

Philidia

Emissary of the League

06-01-2012

Quick question Lyte :
Usually, when I report someone after the game, after sending the report, the icon (!) becomes grey. But sometimes, it doesn't (And I can still click on it, and make a second report). Is it a bug ? Does the report was really sent ?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

06-01-2012
49 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philidia View Post
Quick question Lyte :
Usually, when I report someone after the game, after sending the report, the icon (!) becomes grey. But sometimes, it doesn't (And I can still click on it, and make a second report). Is it a bug ? Does the report was really sent ?
That was a bug awhile back--the report is actually sent, and if you report again, it doesn't do anything the second time.