provide me "bad" matchmaking game records

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veridic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
Ever since the very first Beta stat reset I've been having very, very poor matchups. Here are some scoreboards I saved (though I generally didn't save scoreboards for my losses, when I was on the other side of the problem, and I definitely didn't save scoreboards from every win).

*******http://i37.tinypic.com/2dtc4zl.jpg********
I had a competent team and was matched against players who would just stand around while we beat on them, or would tower dive in an attempt to kill full health towers.

*******http://i37.tinypic.com/244xq21.jpg********
Everyone in this game appeared to be at roughly equal skill levels except for me.

Here's a post I made elsewhere about the problems I've been facing:

I would like to point out that as of the most recent stat wipe, I'm generally on the winning side of things - but it's still not fair, most games end with the enemy team surrendering around the 25-30 minute mark, at which point they're already massively outmatched.
PSUfan was obviously put on your team to balance it out... didn't quite work > >

ImaBastard

11-02-2009

Well, if you could be arsed to check my game history you will find that I went from 10-6 (I think that was it) to 11-12.

That's a pretty steep downhill.

Tiranui

11-02-2009

I don't have a screen shot... but I qued with 2 others in a team last night.... only to be matched with a premade. The premade had a level 20, two lvl 16s, and a 14 and 13 while the three of us were all around level 12. I'm not sure if our elo is really that high but we got stomped hard. Recently it feels like all these losses are more lopsided than before. While they may be due to the elo reset, I feel like the system doesnt have enoughdata yet to match us up consistently against 50 50 win chances.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-02-2009
3 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightTest View Post
Comforting. How is my rating so high having not been in the top 500 that I've been picked for at least a half dozen games over the past few days to have to play against them? Shouldn't they get stuck with other people in the top 500? I really have no interest in seeing people from the top 25 in a premade vs me while I'm solo queued.

"too bad they have to play someone lolol" is a pretty poor reason to slot a non-ranked person against them.

edit.. and btw, if you insist on doing this, I hope the reward/loss system compensates for this as well as HoN's does. Meaning these 80% win chance teams better gain/lose like 7/45 vs the poor saps thrown under them gain/lose 35/8 or whatever. Because it's really stupid.

Because while our game's conurrencies are high, the vast majority of players are new and dont know what they are doing. So the number of players in the adjuacent tier to those guys is low. As these players move up, your matching will be less.

As for what you are talking about with the HON psr system, our elo system is similar but a lot more sophisticated as it adjusts for a lot more factors, supports partial premades and premades accurately, and compensates for variance in skill levels in the team more effectively. but it operates on the same basic premise that the amount of rating swing you get should be based entirely on teh difficulty of the match, and uses some of the same core formulas.

HeyJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

don't know if it was skill but this people were just terrible -.- look at the deaths -.-

and that 1 death i had was i decided to rush there fountain to see how quickly you die. let me tell you rather quickly :]

UrQuan

11-02-2009

I played this game, I think 2 days ago (I CAN'T TELL, DAYS AND NIGHTS GO BY BUT POWERLEVELING CONTINUES) and I think it was sorta unfair for the other team. Granted, it was 2 am PST when it ended but I wouldn't think that the system would be this biased against them. We asked if they were a premade team but they denied any sort of teaming up. I think the majority of people in our team were solo queuing as well

FightTest

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Because while our game's conurrencies are high, the vast majority of players are new and dont know what they are doing. So the number of players in the adjuacent tier to those guys is low. As these players move up, your matching will be less.
If I have to be matched vs ReginaId/Refallen/Messiah/Cfang/etc.. and just suck it up then as compensation I think you should totally tell me my ELO~

Reginald

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
If you have a game where you feel that the players on your team are especially incompetent (or the reverse), please let me know who was in the game or provide a screenshot of the score screen.

I'm especially interested if you are over level 6 and felt you were matched with total newbs.
ill record my next 100 matches , if i get a free preorder?

DalzK

11-02-2009

thank god for this thread. My last 10 games have all been ****ing ridiculous. I dont know how the hell the matchmaking system works. I've won about 3 out of my last 10 matches. Everytime im the carry and am normally with mostly *******. The 3 times I won the enemy team was a complete joke and were probably thinking "how the hell did I get matched with these guys" too.

MegaZero

11-02-2009

So basically I queued as 4 (Me, Trixx, Siddha, Shirokuma).

The game ended to a surrender 15 minutes in, and all our deaths were due to diving through 2 or 3 towers because we were playing insane. Seemed a little unfair for the other team.