@Morello so about Vayne

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manzonis

05-30-2012

bump -__-

Manzonis

05-30-2012

pages full of bumps in hopes to get morellos atention ... lol.

Gyeraff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

I'm sure other champs are still waiting in line to have themselves fixed or buffed. Like Xin and Eve also Karma(i kinda gave up on karma though)

King ManiacX

05-30-2012

1.Start playing Vayne after nerfs

2.Vayne gets buffed

3.???

4.Profit!

At least, that was my plan...

Morello

Lead Designer

05-30-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjöörn View Post
She has the lowest win ratio among all ad carries... And I think the last nerf was a little bit over the edge.

So, Vayne... A nighthunter... With 305 Movement speed, a passive that is barely noticeable anymore. She has no aoe abilities, only single target spells, her range is also very short.
And with the recent nerfs, you never get any damage output done, you just get ran over by Olaf. So I was thinking, since most ad carries have AoE abilities and Vayne does not, could you maybe give her back that movement speed that you took away from her,
also the movement speed that you erased from her passive, I mean, she's supposed to be a night hunter with a lot of movement speed. Maybe cut her true damage and give her these stats back? The zeal and PD nerf is also a nerf to Vayne.

I'm just brainstorming and I think Vayne is in a very weak spot, basically everything you do during a teamfight is escaping so your team can kill the enemy team while they try to focus you, she has no AoE slow like Kog or an AoE slow like Ashe.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Don't just downvote read trough and share your thoughts too!
Vayne is tough because of the hard CC - it makes her more in the Ashe category, but not far enough to be a "utility carry."

I'll have to look, since I don't handle specific balance as much these days, I'm not sure where the team is on Vayne or how her high-level play is.

1v5 np

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

coolbeans a red

LululuCawCaw

05-30-2012

Bump

DreamsOfGrandeur

05-30-2012

Vayne seems somewhat like Trundle now, in my opinion.

She's only good if you have a team that suits her. She's a chaser sort of carry, and does best when the enemy are running away or forced to scramble because they can't pin down their targets.
You can't have that sort of champion being too strong, because then they'll just bumrush you all day and murder your entire team.

Then, of course, there's the issue with her having hard-CC as mentioned by Morello. Carries having stuns have been a less then common thing. At first, it was Ashe, and for that, she has no steroids or escapes what so ever. Now we have Varus who also has no escapes, and the CC also on a long-cooldown ultimate.

Vayne has it on a much lower cooldown, although it's situational, it means she thrives in jungle fights - She can also utilize the enemy tower to pin people as well. She also has an AD steroid and a powerful armor-bypass damage source.

And then there's the argument that Vayne has a low win-rate for the same reasons as Kog'Maw

She's not good in solo-queue anymore, but is very strong in a team built around her.

Manzonis

05-30-2012

so morello, what you're saying is that you're going to ask around the live balance team about vayne?

Giggle

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyeraff View Post
I'm sure other champs are still waiting in line to have themselves fixed or buffed. Like Xin and Eve also Karma(i kinda gave up on karma though)

Xin? are u insane? he is mad good.