Projectile speeds.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedPlanet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
I'll bring this one up again, it's something we talked about without consensus a little while back.
I have noticed that a lot of older tooltips are unfortunately vague about the actual bonuses. I assume there was an overall change in point of view towards details.

For example Kennen "moves very fast" during his E. Granted it's a long tooltip already, but so is Shyvana's W, and it lists her initial percent MS boost.

Venom Stoneice

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Er, sorry, units? I don't really know those well. Could you convert those to Teemos?
The same units that measure your movespeed. A base movespeed (average) is 300 units per second.

Eric Faust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

How fast is Malphite ult now?

Kahti

05-29-2012

Can you comment on Viktor's Death Ray? Many times, without side-stepping, my target can casually stroll away as the beam slowly follows them. This isn't from max range either. A shot place directly in front of them can easily be outpaced. Just how fast is Death Ray and is this intentional?

Loleon

05-29-2012

I think it would be really nice to have this information readily available as I think a few people have mentioned, because it's just nice to know. Especially as a Viktor player, it's nice knowing how fast other missiles move relative to your Q so you know what you can/can't out-trade with it :P.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

05-29-2012
6 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H911Reiver View Post
Wait, are we using Teemos or CTUs? (Compressed Teemo Units - Length measured by packing teemo's together as tightly as is possible)
I prefer to stick to uncompressed Teemos for now - I'm not convinced science has yet mastered the art of squishing Teemos down to their optimally squished state so I'm not making the switch yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekÝ View Post
Hey, Meddler, glad you're spreading knowledge today :].

I'd like to ask, not trolling, what is Darius apprehend speed exactly? I know it's not a projectile but I don't even see it half the time it's crazy fast!

I'd also like to ask on a more in depth note, what determines the airtime of Tristana's jump based on where she's jumping? I've escaped some abilities from jumping and other times failed to dodge the same one. It's a curiosity thing.

<3
Tristana's rocket jump speed is based off how far she's traveling - the longer the jump the faster, from 1200 at maximum range down to a minimum of 800. Air time is then a function of speed versus distance.

I'm not certain about Darius' Apprehend without doing some digging through his files, I suspect it's a fixed 0.25s animation, followed by every unit within the cone being pulled however based off what I've seen/how these things tend to be scripted.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

05-29-2012
7 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugignaf View Post
If champion auto attack animations are faster than most skillshots, what's the slowest moving auto attack particle?

And if choice of weapon kinda defines it's speed, why aren't Ryze's AAs instant?
Soraka has the slowest I can think of at 1000.

With regards to Ryze having a projectile with a travel time's pretty valuable in ensuring other players can easily identify that a champion's auto attacking and who their target is. It's possible we might do a character with a long range, non missile auto attack at some point, we'd definitely put a lot of effort into selling the effect though (so in Ryze's case something like an instant lightning bolt between him and the target on attack for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
Just so we all know: I'm not taking this as a "RIOT SAID IT SO IT'S HAPPENING GUIZE!" I am completely aware that's not how things work.

Now, with that out of the way, does Riot have any intention of assembling something like this in the future? I don't mean in the next few weeks or months. This could be a VERY long-term project, and I'm very much aware of that. It doesn't strike me as something that would be a terribly high priority, so I wouldn't expect it soon. I'm just wondering if knowing that there's opportunity translates to a desire to act on it at some point. If you don't have any information on that, that's totally cool. Hell, it's not even your department (at least your official one--your unofficial department of "Telling Players Cool Things" is certainly relevant).
As you say, not my field, so I'm uncertain on details. We do have some plans to provide better information on champion details online, I'm just not sure if things like projectile speed are part of that currently planned package.

Dr Clueless PhD

05-29-2012

Quote:
As you say, not my field, so I'm uncertain on details. We do have some plans to provide better information on champion details online, I'm just not sure if things like projectile speed are part of that currently planned package.
Who would be the people to talk to about something like this? Just out of curiosity.

Lockdrum

05-29-2012

Quote:
A character with a base movement speed of 300, like Anivia, travels 300 units in a second.

Another common unit of measurement is the 'Teemo'. One Teemo is generally considered to be equal to about 100 units.
So do you guys use Teemo's as a measuring tool lol?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

05-29-2012
8 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J41RO View Post
What about the speed of flash or dashes.
A lot are around the 1100 mark from memory, though that's a pretty rough estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToKS View Post
Wouldn't it be easy to just say "Unique: +50 Movement Speed" or something to that effect? Maybe some additional info stating that you only gain the movement benefit from one boots.

As for the overall topic though, the burden of knowledge in League of Legends really is quite high. For one, I'd like to know all the projectile speeds for all the champs. I can't find this on the wiki and it's not something i've really put thought into before. I recall not playing Morgana for a while due to her slow projectile speed until it was buffed.

I didn't realize though that the ranged carries had different projectile speeds as well. Could I get a list on those? Heck, a list of all the champs from fastest to slowest would be nice.

I don't prefer to get a "feel" for the game but rather prefer to make choices using raw data like a calculating machine.
Carries/champs that tend to use ranged auto attacks a lot:

Urgot, Teemo - 1300
Sivir - 1400
TF - 1500
Kog - 1800
Ashe, Vayne, Ezreal, Varus, Corki, Miss Fortune - 2000
Tristana - 2250
Twitch, Caitlyn - 2500
Graves - 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittinhotfire View Post
I'm curious what the speed of varus's Q and ult are. His ult still boggles me sometimes
Varus Q is 1900, R is 2000 (Mystic Shot as point of reference is 2000).