How many games do you expect to play before you reach your true Elo?

< 10 Games 180 1.63%
11-40 Games 819 7.42%
41-80 Games 1,162 10.52%
81-120 Games 1,737 15.73%
121-160 Games 664 6.01%
161-200 Games 929 8.41%
200-399 Games 1,703 15.42%
400-599 Games 1,086 9.83%
600-799 Games 456 4.13%
800-999 Games 170 1.54%
1000+ Games 2,139 19.37%
Voters: 11045. You may not vote on this poll

Help Riot improve matchmaking! Looking for examples of bad matchmaking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FurManDu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

in ranked game make it to where you can group vote to kick before the match starts to save the time of a troll because i hear if u dodge it hurt you in the long run

Avatoxico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

1) What is your Summoner name?
* Avatoxico
2) What was the game mode? (Normal, Normal Draft, Ranked)
* Normal Draft
3) What was the map? (Summonerís Rift, Dominion, Twisted Treeline)
* Summoner's Rift
4) Were you queuing with a friend?
* No, solo queue.

5) If you are below Level 30, do you have a Level 30 account?
* I'm already level 30.
6) Any specific reason(s) you felt the game was unbalanced?
* Enemy team had 5 lvl 30 skilled players while my team had me ( as Ad Carry ) and my support ( Alistar ) lvl 30 summoners. We got one lvl 28 Gangplank ( Akbea ) feeding Darius on top lane, one lvl 23 Lux ( D Razors ) feeding Ahri on mid lane and one lvl 26 Tryndamere ( D Mje ) jungling ( also, feeding Darius ). And i repeat: The enemy had 5 lvl 30 skilled players. That was my worst in-game experience. I just wasted 20 min of my life.
7) A screenshot of the end-game score

IS128c5c1db64e12

05-26-2012

1) What is your Summoner name?
* tritrium
2) What was the game mode? (Normal, Normal Draft, Ranked)
* Ranked
3) What was the map? (Summoner’s Rift, Dominion, Twisted Treeline)
* Summoner's Rift
4) Were you queuing with a friend?
* No, solo queue
5) If you are below Level 30, do you have a Level 30 account?
* I'm already level 30.
6) Any specific reason(s) you felt the game was unbalanced?
* As usual when im playing ranked, getting Queued up with completely unskilled people that play like they play this game for the first time.
7) A screenshot of the end-game score

My past 17 games in a row looked like this and i am sick and tired of it
i cant even play a god**** normal game anymore without having this kind of teams.
http://www.belgiantigers.be/feedmore.jpg

Im NOT ' the best player in the world but 1200 is not my level at all.
i rarely have troubles winning my lane but if i dont get fed like 10 kills or something early then i cant win, cause the rest of my team always feeds and does nothing the whole game.
theres a problem in ur system if u systematically lose games when u win ur lane 3/0 and still lose cause ur team in meanwhile fed 0/8 at mid and 0/17 at botlane with a jungler that decides to follow up in that and die 0/8 as well.

i won my lane in that game (screenshot) with 4/0 ahead even tho that master yi came to feed shyvana a double buff THREE TIMES.

so yea riot i guess theres about X amount of things u can do:
-ban those really bad players out of ranked and force em to play tutorials that explains em what every term of this game is

-you fix ur matchmaking system
its not normal that u put complete noobs vs people that seem to know exactly what theyre doing and yea u occasionally get a 2000 elo smurf but that doesnt break the system cause he will get higher up anyway.

-Force people to play at least 200 draft pick games before being allowed to play ranked.
why this? cause most people that play normal draft pick already know the game pretty well, know what to ban out at least know a decent amount of champions and in general draft pick just gives a good example of what ranked games are

-reset all Elo ratings every 3 months or so, so at least the people that get trolled down dont need to wait an entire year to get another chance to play ranked with people of their level (aiming at the above average players)

Pro players can mostly carry a bunch of failers, above average players cant.
thats were the difference lies but nonetheless it makes it a frustrating experience for the approx 60% of people that play ranked.

5% = pro's (above 2000)
10% = high skilled players (1700-2000)
15% = skilled players (1500-1700)
60% = above average players combined with average players and people that are really bad at this game (1200-1500)
10% = players that got trolled down, or are just genuinely really bad at the game (1200-0)

i never got to look at any statistics but thats how i look at it.

the bar between 1200 - 1500 for an above average player is like playing on the lottery.
theres a lot of flame, a lot of no skill at all, no teamwork and occasionally you end up with 9 others that all know how to play and u have a good game.

In the past seven months i had 3 of these good games.
I lost 2 of em and won 1 but those were good games.
ATM i am losing game after game after game cause i end up with teammates that are so bad at the game u might just as well play with bots.

DarkR1sing

05-26-2012

Hey Lyte, I really don't think Normal draft premade priority has been fix this patch. I played about 10 games and like 8 matches i been last/2nd to last pick.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

05-27-2012
173 of 173 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkR1sing View Post
Hey Lyte, I really don't think Normal draft premade priority has been fix this patch. I played about 10 games and like 8 matches i been last/2nd to last pick.
Yes, unfortunately we made an error and the change didn't go out this patch. The fix will go out in the next patch. Apologies.

GnomeDigest

05-28-2012

Ok so I look at lolmatches to see the normal elo of the match because at least one person was god-awful bad. Now I realize its probably not exact, but its seemed to be pretty close most of the time. I dont think this person was even duo'qued so I have no idea how they got in this blindpick match.

My Teams Elos:
1687, 1465, 1462, 1369, 1053

Other Team Elos:
1468, 1449, 1429, 1408, 1349

Guess which team won? Thats right, the one without the person 400 or more elo lower than pretty much everyone else. How does that 1k elo person end up in that game? They went support maoki, started with a mana manipulator, and never bought a ward the whole game. Our AD carry was zoned out the entire laning phase.

It just takes one person that horribly out of place elo wise to throw the whole match and waste everyones time. Even the enemy team was saying "bg" at the end. And they were right. It was horribly bad. Matchmaking has seemed especially off lately. I know part of the reason is because of your fail philosophy of inflating the elo of premades which in reality just leads to failure in larger numbers, not increased coordination to justify higher elo opponents.

But this instance is far beyond that. Its just broken.

Legionis Rex

05-28-2012

Theres no Matchmaking. its totally random.

I DARE any Riot employe to prove that a matchmaking exists in this game.

Ispitan

06-04-2012

This thread seems kinda dead!
Anyway, I just sent you an Email of a ridiculous matchup and forgot to include that it was EUW >.>
Hope it helps!

Dinoid

06-05-2012

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GIVE BRs THEIR OWN SERVER. That will fix any "Imbalance" issues most people have..

ClockworkMagus

06-14-2012

Don't know if it's been said, but if people are not connecting when you're picking Champs, then the game should not pick random for them and start. Not only is there the fact that you're entering a game possibly 4vs5 (it's not like they're leaving, they're just not there to begin with), even if they do connect later, they're a Champ they didn't pick, might not match their runes, their masteries, etc. Just make it go back out, and start over again. Better then wasting my time.