One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

05-27-2012

Thanks for Lulu advice sir. What item do you recommend that I buy to get some HP when playing Blitz? I almost always rush frozen heart unless their team has 3 or more APs, then I generally buy frozen mallet and then finally another defense item (usually thornmail, odyns veil, or force of nature). After that I'd probably just get a tri force or an aura item. Good build? My runes are full tank with hp/level yellows and MS quints. 1/21/8 masteries.

Euthrosyne

05-27-2012

Hi! I just have a quick question about Amumu. Normally, I prefer to run him top with a core of Sorc. Boots, FH, and Sunfire Cape, with a Negatron thrown in for heavy AP teams, but upon reading your item comments, I want to diversify my options. Against a heavy AD autoattacking team, would it be better then to delay finishing an FH to grab a Warden's? How else could I build him?

Also, as you noticed during the last tournament, I've never run him bot, but I do recall him being a decent swap once he's built some items. In the unfortunate case he has to defend bot from the beginning, what would you do?

SHOE788

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthrosyne View Post
Hi! I just have a quick question about Amumu. Normally, I prefer to run him top with a core of Sorc. Boots, FH, and Sunfire Cape, with a Negatron thrown in for heavy AP teams, but upon reading your item comments, I want to diversify my options. Against a heavy AD autoattacking team, would it be better then to delay finishing an FH to grab a Warden's? How else could I build him?

Also, as you noticed during the last tournament, I've never run him bot, but I do recall him being a decent swap once he's built some items. In the unfortunate case he has to defend bot from the beginning, what would you do?
I'd say max E first and start with a catalyst and hope for the best.

Sauron

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Thanks for Lulu advice sir. What item do you recommend that I buy to get some HP when playing Blitz? I almost always rush frozen heart unless their team has 3 or more APs, then I generally buy frozen mallet and then finally another defense item (usually thornmail, odyns veil, or force of nature). After that I'd probably just get a tri force or an aura item. Good build? My runes are full tank with hp/level yellows and MS quints. 1/21/8 masteries.
Blitz can be built in a number of ways, but Manamune/FH/Trinity/Odyn's/Atma's is the most common build I see, though you have to pick and choose which items to get as you won't have all of them. LW isn't a bad choice either if you go for Manamune and Trinity. I also see Shurelya's Reverie on him occasionally.

Quote:

Flat MPen is an extremely good buy on Amumu because of his passive, so don't be afraid to dip into Haunting Guise as well. I would personally trade in the Sunfire Cape for a Rylai's so that his toggle slows and does more damage, but an RoA could also be nice because of the early Catalyst.

Amumu bot lane doesn't really have much of a way to succeed in bot lane against a tankyderp like Jax, but he can slow the push quite a bit with Tabi and Glacial. Once you have Glacial, you'll want to upgrade to FH over getting a Warden's due to FH applying to total AS and not additive like Warden's proc does. After that, you'll want the proper MPen for their MR and then after that you'll want a Thornmail.

Against casters, Amumu will focus on Abyssal before Guise and get an Odyn's as well. You still want to stack flat MPen over Void.

Panwar

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Amumu bot lane doesn't really have much of a way to succeed in bot lane against a tankyderp like Jax...
I fully realize that I was probably laning against bad Jax's(Jaxi?). But I had a lot of success with Amumu bot by starting Catalyst and then standing just behind my minion wave. So that my damage aura would wash over all the minions(as well as the meleer if he came in to push), and my lane opponent would catch minion aggro if he attacked me. So the combination of Amumu's tantrum the damage aura, the stun and pulling minion aggro would basically make it so that they couldn't come in and push the lane.

Shoopman

05-28-2012

Ok thanks. The full tank build is great mid game but falls off late because of no damage. I'll try out manamune and tri force. Are the runes/masteries ok?

Euthrosyne

05-28-2012

Well, I asked myself how does Sunfire's 40 mDPS compare with an increase of 0.8% HP/Damage ratio on Despair? Assuming max level of Despair and ignoring MR, since it would reduce both the damage from Sunfire and Despair equally:

Sunfire:
Carry: 2200 HP = 123 DPS
Tankyderp: 2600 HP = 134 DPS
Tank: 3000 HP = 145 DPS

Rylai's:
Carry: 2200 HP = 101 DPS
Tankyderp: 2600 HP = 115 DPS
Tank: 3000 HP = 129 DPS

Extrapolating outwards, the two intersect when 40 = 0.08x, or 5000 Health. Considering that number isn't exactly feasible, Sunfire will outdamage Rylai's at practically all points of the game from a purely numbers perspective.

The slow is perhaps the more valuable asset, because it allows you to keep doing that damage and line up that grab slightly easier, but then that opens a new can of worms as to how valuable that slow will be against the field as a whole and how much you want 45 armor to counteract ADs.

Other than that note, though, thanks for the tips! How do you feel about TF/Lich Bane as a interesting option on him, since there's a good focus on delivering autoattacks to refresh MRR?

DiscworldDeath

05-28-2012

You know, Rylai's also helps the damage ratios on all his other spells.

Sauron

05-28-2012

Quote:
Other than that note, though, thanks for the tips! How do you feel about TF/Lich Bane as a interesting option on him, since there's a good focus on delivering autoattacks to refresh MRR?
He wouldn't get good use out of them. TF and LB are both going to deal physical damage and are quite costly. Other items are a better target for your gold.

reu0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

Top tanky karthus is not bad.

Im currently winning 80% over.